Reagan & Conservatives -- Revisonist History 101

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you mean "in on it"? He was the President. He was told by the Congress to stay the fuck out of the Contra bullshit (Boland Amendment). Congress decides who we go to war with. Congress decides when to appropriate funds for war.
So your evidence is that he was president. Go figure. It's good to hear a liberal say that the Democrat congress was responsible for the Iraq and Afghan wars though.

Gee, you seem to be catching on. Reagan was told by Congress not to get involved with the Contra forces and the war going on in Central America. Proof he was told came in the form of a formal amendment and law passed by Congress called the Bolin Amendment. Can't be any more formal about telling a President not to do something and reminding him of the Constitution and who has war poweres. Put a legal document in front of him and make him sign it. Take pictures, and publish them. Take video and show it on TV news.
Reagan ignored the Constitution, or at least his administration ignored it.

I agree you are correct about the Congress supporting the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. They gave approval to President Bush when he requested their approval to conduct wars in Afghanistan and Iraq. Congress gave approval so they share the blame and/or credit.

I was a history major in college. Having Joe lecture others about not knowing history is always good fun since I don't think I've met many people in my long life that know LESS history than Joe does...yet that doesn't stop him from pontificating about the subject.

I was a history major, too, although at my age, what happened in Cambodia was more of a "Current Event".

So was Reagan, for that matter, which is why I am always amused by how this "RINO" is recast as this Conservative Paragon who talked the USSR into collapsing by talking to a wall.

Interesting to see how legends are born.

I know right? He was a sportscaster just like Bible Spice ;) & he dodged the Big One (WW II) by making picktures

6a00d8341cca7b53ef0148c865d89b970c-300wi

Funding *cough* freedom fighters & looking the other way when they started terrorizing the countryside.

POL POT was clearly a communist lunatic, as was Stalin, and Mao.

STill none of that changes the fact that Reagan was not the heroic conservative most of todays johnny come lately conservatives think he was.

Joe point out the obvious TAX INCREASES he imposed on the working classes.

Facts is facts.
Joe is insane. Lowering taxes on earners didn't come out of the pockets of the middle class. Reagan wasn't a conservative? Wow.

I was a history major in college. Having Joe lecture others about not knowing history is always good fun since I don't think I've met many people in my long life that know LESS history than Joe does...yet that doesn't stop him from pontificating about the subject.

I was a history major, too, although at my age, what happened in Cambodia was more of a "Current Event".

So was Reagan, for that matter, which is why I am always amused by how this "RINO" is recast as this Conservative Paragon who talked the USSR into collapsing by talking to a wall.

I know right? He was a sportscaster just like Bible Spice ;) & he dodged the Big One (WW II) by making picktures

Funding *cough* freedom fighters & looking the other way when they started terrorizing the countryside.

this has been explained to left-wing dullards repeatedly

russians killed over 1 million Afghanis
if you fought them you WERE a freedom fighter

if you then decided to fly planes into buildings full of innocent civilians you ARE A TERRORIST AT THAT POINT
what part is too much for a left-wing idiot and dullard to understand?

Boland Amendment

On Dec. 21, 1982 President Ronald Reagan signed the Boland Amendment which forbade the use of Department of Defense or Central Intelligence Agency funds to finance the Contra's and any operations against the nation of Nicaragua.

IRAN/CONTRA
INCIDENT - April 15, 1985

Contra forces entered the town of Kurka Hill, Nicaragua and preceded to blow up the school with hand granades. They broke into homes searching for food, money and valuables. During the raid, a young girl was taken from her mothers arms as the father looked on. The daughter and father were murdered. The mother survived her wounds.

SOURCE - Philadelphia Daily News Feb. 19, 1986
And you know Reagan was in on it? Show us.

And did you know that the Soviets were doing a lot of funding of arms to spread communism, which is why the US got involved in the first place. Of course the real proplem is that Reagan fought against communism and the left will never forgive him for it.

What do you mean "in on it"? He was the President. He was told by the Congress to stay the fuck out of the Contra bullshit (Boland Amendment). Congress decides who we go to war with. Congress decides when to appropriate funds for war.

What the fuck does the Soviets being evil monsters have to do with it? What are you saying, because the Soviets were doing it Reagan was allowed to ignore the Constitution and conduct an illegal and secret war? Why, because you liked his economic policies or tax policies?

Want to change the subject? We could talk about how the stupid old man forbade US Marines protecting a barracks in Beirut, Lebanon, a combat zone, to load or even carry ammunition. Four dead in Benghazi, how about 250 dead Marines because Marine force security and sentries were ordered not to carry loaded weapons by some dip shit actor President.

good post. The Raygun fluffers will find a way to gloss that over no doubt

And did you know that the Soviets were doing a lot of funding of arms to spread communism, which is why the US got involved in the first place. Of course the real proplem is that Reagan fought against communism and the left will never forgive him for it.

What the fuck does the Soviets being evil monsters have to do with it? What are you saying, because the Soviets were doing it Reagan was allowed to ignore the Constitution and conduct an illegal and secret war? Why, because you liked his economic policies or tax policies?

Want to change the subject? We could talk about how the stupid old man forbade US Marines protecting a barracks in Beirut, Lebanon, a combat zone, to load or even carry ammunition. Four dead in Benghazi, how about 250 dead Marines because Marine force security and sentries were ordered not to carry loaded weapons by some dip shit actor President.

President's ignoring the wishes of Congress and conducting illegal and secret activities didn't start with Reagan...he simply carried on a long tradition that includes liberal icons like FDR.

Agreed, hell, how far back do we want to go? Don't think political parties have anything to do with it, or centuries.

good post. The Raygun fluffers will find a way to gloss that over no doubt

lol yea gloss over it. the overeach by left-wing losers like the unhinged idiot here was so bad the ACLU stepped in on the side of the right-wingers

idiots and hypocrites

Gee you seem to be catching on. Reagan was told by Congress not to get involved with the Contra forces and the war going on in Central America. Proof he was told came in the form of a formal amendment and law passed by Congress called the Bolin Amendment. Can't be any more formal about telling a President not to do something and reminding him of the Constitution and who has war poweres. Put a legal document in front of him and make him sign it. Take pictures, and publish them. Take video and show it on TV news.
Gee, you seem to be catching on. You've shifted to "at least his administration.."

if you then decided to fly planes into buildings full of innocent civilians you ARE A TERRORIST AT THAT POINT

Great that as a right winger you are willing to connect the FREEDOM FIGHTERS supported and trained by Reagan in Afghanistan turned into the TERRORIST from Afghanistan that attacked us on 9/11.
Ronald Reagan, father of modern terrorism. Has a ring to it.

Gee you seem to be catching on. Reagan was told by Congress not to get involved with the Contra forces and the war going on in Central America. Proof he was told came in the form of a formal amendment and law passed by Congress called the Bolin Amendment. Can't be any more formal about telling a President not to do something and reminding him of the Constitution and who has war poweres. Put a legal document in front of him and make him sign it. Take pictures, and publish them. Take video and show it on TV news.
Gee, you seem to be catching on. You've shifted to "at least his administration.."

Nah, just don't want to get into that boring argument about what he knew, was he senile, stupid, irrisponsible or did his people just use and abuse him and get over on him or was he genuinely an evil fucker. Those debates never end.

Reagan sure made a monkey out of the Dem's home team the USSR

It's simple really, we just have different heroes. Me and many other admire Reagan as a great President who broke the stranglehold the USSR had on Eastern Europe freeing hundreds of million in the process, and others admire the old USSR and Pol Pot.

it's an unbridgeable gap

Reagan would be voted-out of "today's Republican" Primaries in the first go- around just like Huntsman was. FACT!!! Huntsman actually had an appeal to high-info voters like me but the low-info, reactionary, rw voters didn't want anything to do w/ an edumacated repub who worked w/ a sitting POTUS. rw hate :(

Last edited:
he was a draft dodgin', terrist armin, debt triplin', tax raisin', etc....etc... etc....

But the Right idolizes him :dunno: They really need to find someone else to idolize BUT they know and, more importantly, we know they'd have to go back 50+ yrs to find one :rofl:

Reagan would be voted-out of "today's Republican" Primaries in the first go- around just like Huntsman was. FACT!!! Huntsman actually had an appeal to high-info voters like me but the low-info, reactionary, rw voters didn't want anything to do w/ an edumacated repub who worked w/ a sitting POTUS. rw hate :(

YAWN

and in more recent news; obama ran as a moderate when he knew he wasnt; even voted AGAINST RAISING THE DEBT CEILING as a Senator. it's laughable to watch losers like you whine bout "history revision" when left-wing nutjobs are doing the same thing RIGHT NOW

It's simple really, we just have different heroes. Me and many other admire Reagan as a great President who broke the stranglehold the USSR had on Eastern Europe freeing hundreds of million in the process, and others admire the old USSR and Pol Pot.

it's an unbridgeable gap

It's not unbridgeable when you leave out the part about those who don't view Reagan as a hero, of admiring the old USSR and Pol Pot. Not everyone believes Reagan had the impact on the downfall of the USSR that you do. I don't know how much, if any, time you have spent in eastern Europe. I have spent lots of time in lots of countries in eastern Europe. Yesterday my home was full of east European's and Russians for a party and celebration of the safe return of a friend via a flight out of Moscow. Not everyone views Reagan the way you do.
Some think his negative impact on terrorism was far more significant than his impact on the fall of the USSR.

he was a draft dodgin', terrist armin, debt triplin', tax raisin', etc....etc... etc....

But the Right idolizes him :dunno: They really need to find someone else to idolize BUT they know and, more importantly, we know they'd have to go back 50+ yrs to find one :rofl:

OBAMA didnt serve either;' but in chicago he learned to make a crack pipe from a Pepsi can

idiots and hypocrites

OBAMA didnt serve either;' but in chicago he learned to make a crack pipe from a Pepsi can

idiots and hypocrites

Obama served in the 1st Goatherder Battalion

Obama-muslim.jpg

Great that as a right winger you are willing to connect the FREEDOM FIGHTERS supported and trained by Reagan in Afghanistan turned into the TERRORIST from Afghanistan that attacked us on 9/11.
Ronald Reagan, father of modern terrorism. Has a ring to it.

YAWN
is it too much to a LWNJ to blame terrorists for terrorism?
our helping them isnt a reason to rationalization for what they did. in fact it's the opposite

try another idiotic straw man

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back