Reagan & Conservatives -- Revisonist History 101

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why can’t liberals just be gratefully that Reagan came along and today they are not slaves to the communist state.

Because being slaves to multi-national corporations is infinitely worse?

You obviously know little about the true nature of communism, Joe. I suggest you read up on Pol Pot and the Khmer Rouge and get back to me about how working for a big corporation is so much worse than living under the thumb of communism.

Pol Pot had little to do with communism and more to do with a people being driven mad by decades of war and the complete devaluation of human life.

You see, every time you guys point to a "communism bad" story, it's almost alway at the end of a long civil war or invasion where the winners take it out on the losers.

This is also known as "history".

The problem isn't communism here, its' "Homo Sapiens"

You obviously know little about the true nature of communism, Joe. I suggest you read up on Pol Pot and the Khmer Rouge and get back to me about how working for a big corporation is so much worse than living under the thumb of communism.

Pol Pot had little to do with communism and more to do with a people being driven mad by decades of war and the complete devaluation of human life.

You see, every time you guys point to a "communism bad" story, it's almost alway at the end of a long civil war or invasion where the winners take it out on the losers.

Pol Pot had little to do with communism? Once again you prove how little you know about "history". Pol Pot and the Khmer Rouge were hardcore communists...they ran EVERYTHING in people's lives...from where they could live...to what jobs they could have...to who they could marry! If if you didn't toe the line with their rules and regulations you got a one way trip to "the killing fields".

Pol Pot had little to do with communism? Once again you prove how little you know about "history". Pol Pot and the Khmer Rouge were hardcore communists...they ran EVERYTHING in people's lives...from where they could live...to what jobs they could have...to who they could marry! If if you didn't toe the line with their rules and regulations you got a one way trip to "the killing fields".

JoeB has to be a paid poster because no one can possibly be that stupid and dishonest in real life

^ Fucking Retard

The really ironic thing is that Pol Pot was stopped by the Vietnamese, who had been in a much longer civil war and didn't "take it out" on the Cambodians when they won.

Honestly, why you read Joe is beyond me. While a stopped clock is right twice a day, he is not.

I was a history major in college. Having Joe lecture others about not knowing history is always good fun since I don't think I've met many people in my long life that know LESS history than Joe does...yet that doesn't stop him from pontificating about the subject.

The OP is hardcore revisionist history. No surprise from the hack, Dante. Reagan did not 'raise taxes.' He drastically lowered cumulative taxes more than any president in my lifetime and perhaps in history. Jackass libtards like Dante point to some marginal raises in various taxes (there are literally dozens if not hundreds of various taxes) and pretends that Reagan raised taxes. And he LIES even after this has been undoubtedly shown to him over and over again.

Based on his hack definition of 'raising taxes,' I don't know if there's ever been a president that didn't 'raise taxes.'

Someone tell Dante to change his screen name so that he gets this:

@fuckface

[

Look, dumbfuck, the Khmer Rogue did not kill thousands of their countrymen because of Marxist theory.

They killed them because people in the West of the country collaborated with the Americans who slaughtered thousands of people in the east.

You guys all want to talk about the million or so killed by the Khmer Rouge in the aftermath of the war, but not the 1 Milion Cambodians and 3 million Vietnamese killed by the US during the course of the war.

Oh, wait. We can't talk about that! Those guys were all heroes!!!!

You know, we have guys who have PTSD for being in a war zone for a few months...

Imagine being in one all of your life!

But, no, it had to be because of Marxism, not a decade of brutalization!

[

The really ironic thing is that Pol Pot was stopped by the Vietnamese, who had been in a much longer civil war and didn't "take it out" on the Cambodians when they won.

Honestly, why you read Joe is beyond me. While a stopped clock is right twice a day, he is not.

The Vietnamese fought an occupation of Cambodia for a decade after deposing Pol Pot. 100,00 additional civilians were killed, in addition to the famine of 1979, which probably killed hundreds of thousands of more. (Apparently, the Vietnamese didn't think feeding the Cambodians was a big priority.

But wait, so you are praising the Communist Vietnamese because they were less brutal than the Communist Cambodians?

[

Look, dumbfuck, the Khmer Rogue did not kill thousands of their countrymen because of Marxist theory.

They killed them because people in the West of the country collaborated with the Americans who slaughtered thousands of people in the east.

You guys all want to talk about the million or so killed by the Khmer Rouge in the aftermath of the war, but not the 1 Milion Cambodians and 3 million Vietnamese killed by the US during the course of the war.

Oh, wait. We can't talk about that! Those guys were all heroes!!!!

You know, we have guys who have PTSD for being in a war zone for a few months...

Imagine being in one all of your life!

But, no, it had to be because of Marxism, not a decade of brutalization!

do you ever stop whining and crying to yourself?
nobody got killed because of rabid Marxist theory? it all had to be the fault of the mean ol West?

you are simply a moron making a fool of yourself every day here with your unrepentent apologistic left-wing nonsense

I was a history major in college. Having Joe lecture others about not knowing history is always good fun since I don't think I've met many people in my long life that know LESS history than Joe does...yet that doesn't stop him from pontificating about the subject.

I was a history major, too, although at my age, what happened in Cambodia was more of a "Current Event".

So was Reagan, for that matter, which is why I am always amused by how this "RINO" is recast as this Conservative Paragon who talked the USSR into collapsing by talking to a wall.

Interesting to see how legends are born.

[

The Vietnamese fought an occupation of Cambodia for a decade after deposing Pol Pot. 100,00 additional civilians were killed, in addition to the famine of 1979, which probably killed hundreds of thousands of more. (Apparently, the Vietnamese didn't think feeding the Cambodians was a big priority.

But wait, so you are praising the Communist Vietnamese because they were less brutal than the Communist Cambodians?

they were both brutal left-wing regimes

NOTHING has killed more than left-wing ideology in the last 100 years; nothing. certainly not capitalism; or Christianity

The OP is hardcore revisionist history. No surprise from the hack, Dante. Reagan did not 'raise taxes.' He drastically lowered cumulative taxes more than any president in my lifetime and perhaps in history. Jackass libtards like Dante point to some marginal raises in various taxes (there are literally dozens if not hundreds of various taxes) and pretends that Reagan raised taxes. And he LIES even after this has been undoubtedly shown to him over and over again.

Based on his hack definition of 'raising taxes,' I don't know if there's ever been a president that didn't 'raise taxes.'

Actually, Reagan raised taxes on the working class while cutting them on the rich.

First, his reform of Social Security raised the tax rate for Social security from 10% to 12%. he also raised Medicare taxes from 2% to 3%. He also made Social Security benefits taxable.

Social Security (United States) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Second, his "Tax Reform" of 1986 eliminated a lot of the middle class tax deductions

Tax Reform Act of 1986 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The top tax rate was lowered from 50% to 28% while the bottom rate was raised from 11% to 15%

[

NOTHING has killed more than left-wing ideology in the last 100 years; nothing. certainly not capitalism; or Christianity

Um, yeah, your math is up there with your spelling, eh?

Actually, Reagan raised taxes on the working class while cutting them on the rich.

First, his reform of Social Security raised the tax rate for Social security from 10% to 12%. he also raised Medicare taxes from 2% to 3%. He also made Social Security benefits taxable.

Social Security (United States) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Second, his "Tax Reform" of 1986 eliminated a lot of the middle class tax deductions

Tax Reform Act of 1986 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The top tax rate was lowered from 50% to 28% while the bottom rate was raised from 11% to 15%

things were better in the Reagan years than they are now under obama

things were better under both Bush Presidents too than they are under obama

true story

idiots and hypocrites

Um, yeah, your math is up there with your spelling, eh?

um; yea; but you know it's true

[

things were better in the Reagan years than they are now under obama

things were better under both Bush Presidents too than they are under obama

true story

idiots and hypocrites

That's questionable.

The highest unemployment ever got Under Obama was 10%. It got to 11.3% under Ray-gun.

Also, middle class incomes sharply declined under reagan and never really came back. so a lot of the problems we are STILL having started on his watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back