Reagan vs Obama

Comparing Reagan to Obama ain't fair to Obama. With all his faults at least there was never a doubt what country Reagan loved. With all his faults Reagan never backed away from being a leader, I seriously doubt "leading from behind" was in his vocabulary. With all his faults Reagan made a person feel proud to be an American. Today we have division and strife.

YES, and one's policies created 20 million jobs while the other is destroying as many or more....

Comparing Reagan to Obama is like comparing a racehorse to Tony the Pony. They're not even in the same league, even after adjusting for affirmative action points.

Name one thing that Reagan did to make him such an outstanding president in your mind and that negates the fact that he failed as a president when it came to protecting our troops overseas, he failed as a president during a national health crisis, he failed as a president when it came to foreign policy. And please dear dog in heaven do not show your ignorance by stating he ended the cold war "without a shot being fired" because that whole war in Nicaragua between the Sandinistas and the Contras WAS "shots being fired." Proxy wars are still wars and people still get killed.

Your turn.

ROFLMAO...

MondoBongo, you really need to get your head out of that bong. Evidently you've had it in it since 1970's.

ROFLMAO...

MondoBongo, you really need to get your head out of that bong. Evidently you've had it in it since 1970's.

That's all you've got? Insults? No refutation of what I said? Thanks. You're making it really easy for the newbie to figure out whose posts I should ignore.

And as for my user name, try google, genius. You fell on your face with your lame attempt at an insult about it.

Reagan funded and supported Osama Bin Laden.

Obama killed him.

Nuff said.

Yep terrorists got their start thanks to ronnie rygun funding the Taliban then the mujaheddin. Reagan was a piece of shit

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e15P4qov-gA]Ronald Regan Supports The Taliban! - YouTube[/ame]

Because both are bobbleheaded fools and corporate fronts, the only legitimate comparisons are in quality of advisor and acting skill. Quality of advisor looked different in 1980 when US industrial horsepower guaranteed economic recovery once currency problems were addressed than it does today when the only paper more heavily watered than global currencies is securities, so we'll skip quality of adviser as well.

Reagan was by far the better actor.

Is there another question?

Comparing Reagan to Obama is like comparing a racehorse to Tony the Pony. They're not even in the same league, even after adjusting for affirmative action points.

Name one thing that Reagan did to make him such an outstanding president in your mind and that negates the fact that he failed as a president when it came to protecting our troops overseas, he failed as a president during a national health crisis, he failed as a president when it came to foreign policy. And please dear dog in heaven do not show your ignorance by stating he ended the cold war "without a shot being fired" because that whole war in Nicaragua between the Sandinistas and the Contras WAS "shots being fired." Proxy wars are still wars and people still get killed.

Your turn.
He ended the Cold War without firing a shot. Communism came tumbling down. Get over it. He left a much healthier economy, but most of all, he made the country proud after Vietnam, Johnson, Nixon and Carter and about 16 years of abject failure.

The fact that self-righteous lefties are still bleating about him so many years on is true testament to his success. The parallels between him and Thatcher are as undeniable as their greatness. Get over it!

Reagan funded and supported Osama Bin Laden.

Obama killed him.

Nuff said.

Yep terrorists got their start thanks to ronnie rygun funding the Taliban then the mujaheddin. Reagan was a piece of shit

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e15P4qov-gA]Ronald Regan Supports The Taliban! - YouTube[/ame]

Ronny and his buddys

Attachments

• $reaganmeetstalibanwhitehouse.jpg
    $reaganmeetstalibanwhitehouse.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 57
He ended the Cold War without firing a shot. Communism came tumbling down. Get over it. He left a much healthier economy, but most of all, he made the country proud after Vietnam, Johnson, Nixon and Carter and about 16 years of abject failure.

I've already explained how that statement was false. If you don't believe the US was engaged in a proxy war in Nicaragua during the Reagan administration, then I suggest you turn on the Googles and search "Eugene Hasenfus." Get back to the rest of the class with your results.

And you posted no proof that he left a healthier economy. I'm not going to accept it on your "say so."

And what did he do that made us so proud to be Americans? Invade a Caribbean nation after the bombing in Beruit?

The fact that self-righteous lefties are still bleating about him so many years on is true testament to his success. The parallels between him and Thatcher are as undeniable as their greatness. Get over it!

That's just you pontificating.

Seriously - you are going to wear on my nerves quite quickly if all you bring to the table are stupid regurgitated right wing talking points.

I've already explained how that statement was false. If you don't believe the US was engaged in a proxy war in Nicaragua during the Reagan administration, then I suggest you turn on the Googles and search "Eugene Hasenfus." Get back to the rest of the class with your results.

And you posted no proof that he left a healthier economy. I'm not going to accept it on your "say so."

And what did he do that made us so proud to be Americans? Invade a Caribbean nation after the bombing in Beruit?

That's just you pontificating.

Seriously - you are going to wear on my nerves quite quickly if all you bring to the table are stupid regurgitated right wing talking points.
You proved nothing. You cherry-picked butt-hurt lefty whinging points and expect them to be honored as gospel. Bleating about it is not that impressive. I am sure some like-minded dingbats, usually aging hipsters or self-righteous public school brainwashed teeny boppers, are very struck with awe with your drivel. Reagan was not in the same league as our current affirmative action president, nor you in mine.

You proved nothing. You cherry-picked butt-hurt lefty whinging points and expect them to be honored as gospel. Bleating about it is not that impressive. I am sure some like-minded dingbats, usually aging hipsters or self-righteous public school brainwashed teeny boppers, are very struck with awe with your drivel. Reagan was not in the same league as our current affirmative action president, nor you in mine.

Is there a particular reason why you have done nothing but fling your poo like a monkey in a zoo and insult me and call me names?

I mean, if you want to go that route, hey, I can throw down with the best of them. But I was hoping not to feel compelled to do so considering that I just got here.

One big government expansionist vs another big government expansionist.

Lefties never stop playing the Alinsky game. If Reagan was a big government expansionist y'all should love him but you don't because ignorant lefties have been indoctrinated by 40 years of left wing propaganda.

Comparing Reagan to Obama ain't fair to Obama. With all his faults at least there was never a doubt what country Reagan loved. With all his faults Reagan never backed away from being a leader, I seriously doubt "leading from behind" was in his vocabulary. With all his faults Reagan made a person feel proud to be an American. Today we have division and strife.

YES, and one's policies created 20 million jobs while the other is destroying as many or more....

Yes, while it wasn't apparent at the time - and so halfwits praised the lowlife cocksucker - that filthy god damned scum Reagan destroyed at least 20 million industrial jobs tripling the national debt creating a fake economy.

On the other hand my opinion is Obama is also a failure. I wasn't aware Obama had created that many jobs.

Last edited:

Yes, while it wasn't apparent at the time - and so halfwits praised the lowlife cocksucker - that filthy god damned scum Reagan destroyed at least 20 million industrial jobs tripling the national debt creating a fake economy.

On the other hand my opinion is Obama is also a failure. I wasn't aware Obama had created that many jobs.

the economy was strong under Reagan, it is weak under Obama. those are the simple facts.

Reagan cut and run in Lebanon: In retaliation for the attacks, France launched an airstrike in the Bekaa Valley against alleged Islamic Revolutionary Guards positions. President Reagan assembled his national security team ... There was no serious retaliation for the Beirut bombing from the Americans,[22] besides a few shellings. In December 1983, U.S. aircraft from the USS John F. Kennedy and USS Independence battle groups attacked Syrian targets in Lebanon, but this was ostensibly in response to Syrian missile attacks on American warplanes.

Multi-service ground-support units were withdrawn from Beirut after the attack on the barracks due to retaliatory threats.

In the meantime, the attack boosted the prestige and growth of the Shi'ite organization Hezbollah.

---------------------- Regan helped Hezbollah ------------------

Reagan did not end the Cold War and shots were fired under Reagan during the Cold War. Facts are difficult for right wingers. Shots fired in the cold war 'Grenada' 'El Salvador' 'Nicaragua' and more... War in The Reagan Era

The Reagan Era Brought Us Depression, War, and Mass Murder in the Global South

People do say Reagan contributed and some list his contributions as less or more than the myths imply:
How Reagan won the Cold War. - Slate Magazine
So, did Ronald Reagan bring on the end of the Cold War? Well, yes. Recently declassified documents leave no doubt about the matter. But how did he accomplish it? Through hostile rhetoric and a massive arms buildup, which the Soviets knew they couldn't match, as Reagan's conservative champions contend? Or through a second-term conversion to detente and disarmament, as some liberal historians, including Slate's David Greenberg, argue?

How are these threads different? How will they be judged?

------------

Statesman vs the Dufus: Obama vs Ronnie

Obama is a statesman. The world respects him and the USA

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/288547-statesman-vs-the-dufus-obama-vs-ronnie.html

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/288527-reagan-vs-obama.html

for one, somebody knows the difference between statesman and statesmen

the economy was strong under Reagan, it is weak under Obama. those are the simple facts.

A more accurate statement is "The United States was strong when Reagan took office, weaker when he left, and twenty-five years of ReagaNUT policies have the nation at risk today."

The fact is Reagan tripled the national debt to create the appearance that monetarism works. It doesn't.

Don't believe me? Take a look around. I knew and plenty of others including David Stockman (who quit the cocksucker) understood there is no basis for asset-based economies. None.

Obama is a mere idiot. Reagan was filthy god damned scum. There is the signal difference.

Forum List

Back