🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Reagan

I voted for Reagan twice

At the time, the moral of the country was at an all time low. We ere humiliated by Iran, had lost VietNam, had double digit inflation and high interest rates

Reagan offered promise, a shining city on the hill, personal responsibility. He was charming and had a vision of what we should be

I bought in to trickle down economics, debt doesn't matter, a huge military and right wing rhetoric

In hindsight, Reagan sold out working Americans to provide a low cost workforce and led us on a path of unfettered debt

Gee, sounds like life under Obungles

Really, in what way?

7.5 Trillion in Debt Added Under Obama The Weekly Standard
popcorn-and-drink-smiley-emoticon.gif

I started my business in '85 and benefited from Reagan's economic expansion. What people too young don't know is how horrible it was under Carter, gasoline rationing, double digit inflation, stagnation, etc. Look up the words "misery index" if you don't believe it.

Reagan was a great speaker and wrote much of his stuff. The extreme left to this day hates his guts for what he did to communism. They will never forgive him for that. But for the rest of America, he lifted spirits, unified the masses, got America back to work and made many feel good about the USofA again.

We need another like him to clean up bo's mess, division and depressed outlook. The liberals got about everything they could hope for but are still the most miserable people in the country. It's foolish to try to appease them. They must be defeated and drummed out of office.
no...war sucks...and in a primitive country like El Salvador where the rule of law was non existent before the communists started butchering people in the thousands then those fighting weren't going to embrace the Geneva convention either.....especially when they suffered under the communist mass murderers.....

let me put it in a way that might get through your lefty inability to see the truth, or reality.......

You guys defend the nazis, and condemn those who resisted the nazis because they used the same methods.....but you don't condemn the nazis...you applaud them........

Get it now....by defending the communist mass murderers and attacking the anti communists you are showing how dumb you really are.......
You are just making crap up and using lame excuses for the Reagan administration having committed crimes. Like I said, typical of a Reagan defense. Tell the truth about Ronnie and you become a supporter of communist and Nazi's. If his crew of advisers and high ranking administration officials hadn't taken the rap for him and supported his claims of not being able to remember he would have been impeached. So much for all that courage and standing up for what he believed nonsense. He was a coward and a guy who ran away or lied about tough situations. As it turned out the culprits under his control racked up more convictions and pardons that any other administration in the history of America.

Your problem is that you think it was only Reagan. Almost every president has interceded in other countries. FDR WW2, Truman, Korea, Eisenhower, Vietnam, JFK, Cuba, Vietnam, LBJ, Vietnam, Nixon, Vietnam, Ford and Carter, can't think of any. Reagan, Central America, Bush Sr. Kuwait, Clinton, Serbia, Bush Jr. Iraq, Afghanistan, Obama, Libya, Syria, Afghanistan, Iraq.

So to try and claim a crime by Reagan what about the rest?
Your problem is you are ignoring an act of Congress that forbade what the Reagan administration did. A little pesky group of laws commonly known as the Boland Amendment. None of those examples you give had such a law. In fact, all of those situations except for the incursions into Cambodia and Laos were done with Congressional knowledge and approval.

I voted for Reagan twice

At the time, the moral of the country was at an all time low. We ere humiliated by Iran, had lost VietNam, had double digit inflation and high interest rates

Reagan offered promise, a shining city on the hill, personal responsibility. He was charming and had a vision of what we should be

I bought in to trickle down economics, debt doesn't matter, a huge military and right wing rhetoric

In hindsight, Reagan sold out working Americans to provide a low cost workforce and led us on a path of unfettered debt

Really, in what way?

But he had to in order to pay for Bush's unpatriotic overspending.

Your problem is you are ignoring an act of Congress that forbade what the Reagan administration did. A little pesky group of laws commonly known as the Boland Amendment. None of those examples you give had such a law. In fact, all of those situations except for the incursions into Cambodia and Laos were done with Congressional knowledge and approval.
Wait a second. Are you saying the president is supposed to work with congress on foreign matters?

I voted for Reagan twice

We didn't lose Vietnam that was a lie generated by liars like "the most trusted man in news" Cronkite.

Trickle down is now nothing more then a liberal talking point. I sure am not happy replacing trickle down with trickle up poverty.

Reagan selling out the middle class, yet he ushered in a resurgence in America like no other president before or after. Could you please provide the example of how he sold out the middle class? Earn income credits, was that a sell out? I know what you will say but I will wait.

Some debt doesn't matter and the resurgence of the economy proved that. After Carter's malaise speech America needed a boost and got it. You and I go into debt to buy a home or an auto. So just saying debt is bad is BS and then to ignore the gigantic hole Obama put our children in is really laughable. And what did we get with Obama's debt? GM and the longest weakest recovery in history? Not worth the money.

I regret to inform you.....yes, we did lose VietNam. It was the result of never having a clear vision of what we wanted to accomplish outside of kill commies

Tickle down resulted in the wealthy just keeping the extra wealth rather than trickling down prosperity......why was anyone surprised?

Reagan sold out the middle class by shifting more of the tax burden to them, cutting labor protections, cutting educational support and holding down wages

I started my business in '85 and benefited from Reagan's economic expansion. What people too young don't know is how horrible it was under Carter, gasoline rationing, double digit inflation, stagnation, etc. Look up the words "misery index" if you don't believe it.

Reagan was a great speaker and wrote much of his stuff. The extreme left to this day hates his guts for what he did to communism. They will never forgive him for that. But for the rest of America, he lifted spirits, unified the masses, got America back to work and made many feel good about the USofA again.

We need another like him to clean up bo's mess, division and depressed outlook. The liberals got about everything they could hope for but are still the most miserable people in the country. It's foolish to try to appease them. They must be defeated and drummed out of office.
no...war sucks...and in a primitive country like El Salvador where the rule of law was non existent before the communists started butchering people in the thousands then those fighting weren't going to embrace the Geneva convention either.....especially when they suffered under the communist mass murderers.....

let me put it in a way that might get through your lefty inability to see the truth, or reality.......

You guys defend the nazis, and condemn those who resisted the nazis because they used the same methods.....but you don't condemn the nazis...you applaud them........

Get it now....by defending the communist mass murderers and attacking the anti communists you are showing how dumb you really are.......
You are just making crap up and using lame excuses for the Reagan administration having committed crimes. Like I said, typical of a Reagan defense. Tell the truth about Ronnie and you become a supporter of communist and Nazi's. If his crew of advisers and high ranking administration officials hadn't taken the rap for him and supported his claims of not being able to remember he would have been impeached. So much for all that courage and standing up for what he believed nonsense. He was a coward and a guy who ran away or lied about tough situations. As it turned out the culprits under his control racked up more convictions and pardons that any other administration in the history of America.

Your problem is that you think it was only Reagan. Almost every president has interceded in other countries. FDR WW2, Truman, Korea, Eisenhower, Vietnam, JFK, Cuba, Vietnam, LBJ, Vietnam, Nixon, Vietnam, Ford and Carter, can't think of any. Reagan, Central America, Bush Sr. Kuwait, Clinton, Serbia, Bush Jr. Iraq, Afghanistan, Obama, Libya, Syria, Afghanistan, Iraq.

So to try and claim a crime by Reagan what about the rest?

OK, I will now apply the "Obama excuse." When was Reagan brought up on charges for violation of that amendment? Can we expect it to happen soon?

Wait a second. Are you saying the president is supposed to work with congress on foreign matters?
I am saying the branch of government that decides on and funds war in the Congress and the Congress not only did not approve of or fund the war Reagan waged in Central America, they took legislative action to specifically forbid it and the Reagan administration ignored the legislation.
Nice try at deflection. Who has said the president is not supposed to work with congress about foreign matters? Surely you aren't attempting to bring the now famous treason letter issued by Republicans to Iran? That blunder was the exact opposite of working together. It will forever be known as a prime example of how congressional Republicans implemented a condition and situation of not working together with the Executive Branch of government.

I voted for Reagan twice

We didn't lose Vietnam that was a lie generated by liars like "the most trusted man in news" Cronkite.

Trickle down is now nothing more then a liberal talking point. I sure am not happy replacing trickle down with trickle up poverty.

Reagan selling out the middle class, yet he ushered in a resurgence in America like no other president before or after. Could you please provide the example of how he sold out the middle class? Earn income credits, was that a sell out? I know what you will say but I will wait.

Some debt doesn't matter and the resurgence of the economy proved that. After Carter's malaise speech America needed a boost and got it. You and I go into debt to buy a home or an auto. So just saying debt is bad is BS and then to ignore the gigantic hole Obama put our children in is really laughable. And what did we get with Obama's debt? GM and the longest weakest recovery in history? Not worth the money.

I regret to inform you.....yes, we did lose VietNam. It was the result of never having a clear vision of what we wanted to accomplish outside of kill commies

Tickle down resulted in the wealthy just keeping the extra wealth rather than trickling down prosperity......why was anyone surprised?

Reagan sold out the middle class by shifting more of the tax burden to them, cutting labor protections, cutting educational support and holding down wages
You can see the damage committed by Reagan against the middle class, while benefiting the wealthy. Yet Obama has done the exact same things only much worse....yet you love Obama.

How do you reconcile these obviously conflicting view points?

He got the debt ball rolling and screwed middle class tax payers with his 1986 Tax Reform Act.

He was nothing more than a front man and a glad-handing, smooth talking stooge.

I am saying the branch of government that decides on and funds war in the Congress and the Congress not only did not approve of or fund the war Reagan waged in Central America, they took legislative action to specifically forbid it and the Reagan administration ignored the legislation.
Nice try at deflection. Who has said the president is not supposed to work with congress about foreign matters? Surely you aren't attempting to bring the now famous treason letter issued by Republicans to Iran? That blunder was the exact opposite of working together. It will forever be known as a prime example of how congressional Republicans implemented a condition and situation of not working together with the Executive Branch of government.
So congress is supposed to work with the president but the president is under no obligation to work with congress?

Yes, they did an end run for the "war" in South America and Reagan took the blame (something liberals NEVER do but there's no evidence he was behind it or even knew about it. Meanwhile obama knows absolutely nothing about anything gone wrong and libs buy it. Go figure!

I voted for Reagan twice

Really, in what way?

I guess that s a good point. But let's compare the debt added by Obama to that added by Reagan

Reagan spent his way out of a recession. Tripled the existing debt, escalated the military buildup, jacked up government hiring and slashed taxes

Obama came in to a similar situation with the debt machine already in place. Taxes were too low, discretionary spending was very limited and unable to get corrective legislation through Congress

I voted for Reagan twice

You can see the damage committed by Reagan against the middle class, while benefiting the wealthy. Yet Obama has done the exact same things only much worse....yet you love Obama.

How do you reconcile these obviously conflicting view points?

Other than not reversing existing policies towards the middle class. Can you point to what Obama policies have harmed the middle class?

I wasn't old enough at the time to fully know...

...any fucking thing !!

what made President Reagan so great, is he was truthful and honest, he talked up the greatness of America and the hard working citizens who for over 200 years made THE United States of America great. :up:
Yeah, he talked up the greatness of America. All while turning America from the biggest creditor nation to the biggest debtor, trading arms for hostages, propping up murderous dictatorships in Central and South America, and illegally funding terrorist groups in Afghanistan and Nicaragua. People bought into the grandfatherly image and flowery rhetoric while ignoring all the really bad shit going on in the background.

Forum List

Back