real reason for failing healthcare

Woman called in...

Her husband likely bought his first house for 30K. Her son likely bought his first house for 250K.

but pay went up too.
they used to pay 10 bucks per hour, now they pay $10.50

I don't see what your point is. But to the OP:

Medical care used to be cheap. It went from cheap to reasonable. It went from reasonable to expensive. It went from expensive to unaffordable.

When we examine the history of these costs, we see government behind each step. Yet some think that government will provide the solution. True story:

Back in the 80's when I worked in medical, my company opened up a pharmacy; not a public pharmacy, but one to simply mix medications for our home customers. They hired a pharmacist during construction of the pharmacy who was very well versed in government mandates.

One Monday after our weekly company meeting, we gathered around the coffee pot as usual. At the time, UPS was on strike. We began to have our own coffee pot meeting where the strike was the subject.

During our conversation, our newest employee, the pharmacist walked away in disgust. The RN and I looked at each other as to say "WTF did we say to her???"

After the coffee crowd broke up, I was the only one still at the coffee pot when she returned. In her hand was her pharmacy magazine highlighting the UPS strike.

According to the article, a senior UPS driver made about 55K per year. A pharmacist at the time made about 62K a year.

In anger she said "Do you know what I went through to become a pharmacist? Do you know what my parents went through? And these MF's at UPS are going on strike???? How dare they? If anything, I should be on strike. Let me tell you, if I had only known what I know today, I would have never struggled to become a pharmacist. I would be delivering packages here (pointing at our overhead garage door) and making damn near what I make today!"

Because of unions in this country, blue collar workers began to make the same (or more) than medical professionals. The only solution to that problem was to increase wages for medical professionals, which in turn increase medical care costs.

Point? The nurse in question is an elitist. She works in a warm dry office 8 hours a day, vis a vis, that driver for UPS who works up to 14 hours a day, in rain, heat, sleet, snow, wind and in urban area grid lock, getting into and out of his/her truck several hundred times a day, and using a hand truck as the only tool to move around boxes, some of 50, 75 or more pounds.

Don't blame unions, and don't piss and moan about what a laborer earns, unless you walk in their shoes.

The Trump administration will be announcing their plan to replace Obamacare with a plan that works for doctors patients and hospitals...its called the free market...how would you like to start receiving in your mail once again affordable bargain deals on health insurance?
Making America Great Again!!!!!!

Idiot-gram, simple minded variety.

Woman called in...
When her husband was born the hospital charged $127
When her son was born they billed $30,000
Dr Drew "well insurance covered it didn't they?"
That ain't the point, dummy

Her husband likely bought his first house for 30K. Her son likely bought his first house for 250K.
It's not quite the simple.

In any economic sector that the government gets involved in, prices get really distorted.

Observe the following chart. You will notice the parts that outpace inflation are all areas in which the government has a heavy hand.
28661030_10155533184966848_3292700150186145182_n.png

Wow, so hospital services, college textbooks and tuition, childcare, medical care services, wages, housing, and food and beverages have only had 'heavy handed' government involvement for the past 20 years? :eusa_think:

Hospital services (FDA, AMA creates inelastic prices in the market), college textbooks and tuition (college FIFA application and federal guaranteed loans and scholarships,) childcare (through HUD development grants DHS gives free childcare,) medical care services (again, FDA, AMA granted monopoly, medicare, medicaid, etc,) wages, (mandatory minimum wage,) housing (HUD,) food and beverages (the farm bill manipulates prices and the infusion of funds through snap. . .

Last edited:
Woman called in...

In any economic sector that the government gets involved in, prices get really distorted.

Observe the following chart. You will notice the parts that outpace inflation are all areas in which the government has a heavy hand.

Gov has more influence of cars than college textbooks .
College textbooks are a defacto monopoly.

Yes, imagine how cheap they would be if the government didn't interfere in the market. . .

Also, the elites have engineered healthcare to be a for profit business. . . .

They sell treatments, not cures. Since the mid 19th century, cures have been abolished.
Those Who Can't Are Doing the Best They Can

Chemists are nerdy wimpy escapists. Social failures can't cure anything, so it's not like their corporate owners could provide a cure but don't, because they make more money through endless treatments. Remember, a PhD doesn't make a living until he is 30 years old because he is afraid to grow up. Not only does he behave childishly, he also thinks childishly, no matter how well he parroted his professors.

Also, the elites have engineered healthcare to be a for profit business. . . .

They sell treatments, not cures. Since the mid 19th century, cures have been abolished.
Those Who Can't Are Doing the Best They Can

Chemists are nerdy wimpy escapists. Social failures can't cure anything, so it's not like their corporate owners could provide a cure but don't, because they make more money through endless treatments. Remember, a PhD doesn't make a living until he is 30 years old because he is afraid to grow up. Not only does he behave childishly, he also thinks childishly, no matter how well he parroted his professors.

Woman called in...

Wow, so hospital services, college textbooks and tuition, childcare, medical care services, wages, housing, and food and beverages have only had 'heavy handed' government involvement for the past 20 years? :eusa_think:

Hospital services (FDA, AMA creates inelastic prices in the market), college textbooks and tuition (college FIFA application and federal guaranteed loans and scholarships,) childcare (through HUD development grants DHS gives free childcare,) medical care services (again, FDA, AMA granted monopoly, medicare, medicaid, etc,) wages, (mandatory minimum wage,) housing (HUD,) food and beverages (the farm bill manipulates prices and the infusion of funds through snap. . .

And all of these got simultaneous heavy handed government involvement at about the same time in 1997?

Woman called in...

Gov has more influence of cars than college textbooks .
College textbooks are a defacto monopoly.

Yes, imagine how cheap they would be if the government didn't interfere in the market. . .

How does the government do this ^^^? Do they have an extra tax on each text book, do they lobby the professors with wine, women or men and fine dinning?

Hurts your feelings huh...need a cry closet?

Did not hurt my feelings, I am used to being around racist, I grew up in the south.

What part of that super shithole Mexico are you from and how long have you been fucking good Americans over?

I am a far better American than you my little racist zealots as I have served this country, keeping it safe and free so racist like you could sit on their computers and talk shit while other do the heavy lifting

Woman called in...

15-40 million illegal wetbacks and all their anchor babies getting FREE care have driven your costs through the fucking roof...you pissed yet?

Awesome post.

Woman called in...

15-40 million illegal wetbacks and all their anchor babies getting FREE care have driven your costs through the fucking roof...you pissed yet?

don't be ridiculous, California has the citizens of every state chipping in through federal funds

What does that mean?
Are you thinking that giving free healthcare to illegals and their litters of anchor babies doesn’t drive your cost for healthcare up?
Explain that...would you?
Or just pretend you didn’t see this post.

Did not hurt my feelings, I am used to being around racist, I grew up in the south.

What part of that super shithole Mexico are you from and how long have you been fucking good Americans over?

I am a far better American than you my little racist zealots as I have served this country, keeping it safe and free so racist like you could sit on their computers and talk shit while other do the heavy lifting

Those “others” you speak of doing the “heavy lifting”...Who are they and what do they do?
One must love being fucked over by illegal wetbacks to be a heavy lifter?

Those “others” you speak of doing the “heavy lifting”...Who are they and what do they do?
One must love being fucked over by illegal wetbacks to be a heavy lifter?

Pathetic little racist that never had the balls to serve country. But then again you would have had to actually talk to non-white people, something I doubt you have ever done

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Forum List

Back