Real Tree Or Fake.....I Prefer Fake For Obvious Reasons

Do you prefer a real tree or a fake tree?

• I hate Christmas so I don't like either

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't understand the question

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
96502307-56a2acf25f9b58b7d0cd4cbd.jpg

I love real trees, but there are too many reasons why I refuse to get another dead tree and put it up in my house.

• That pine smell is the only thing that real trees give us and that soon fades after a few days
  • You can't put up a real tree on Thanksgiving because in a week or two they become a fire hazard
  • Fake trees don't leave needles all over the carpet
  • Cutting down a tree without planting another one could kill us, just ask Al Gore
  • I put my tree in a box or cover it with a sheet
  • A real tree ends up next to the garbage can

How to Choose an Eco-Friendly Christmas Tree
Why would anyone put up a tree at Thanksgiving?
  • Real trees are a renewable resource. In the Pacific Northwest, there are Christmas tree farms. Buying a Christmas tree helps a small business survive and the trees are replanted as fast as they are harvested.
  • After Xmas, you can plant a live tree in your yard instead of buying a chopped one and throwing it away.
  • In the Pacific NW we recycle old Xmas trees. You put them out with the recyling and they are picked up and turned into mulch or compost.

My tree makes a nice bonfire when Christmas is over

Fake....like our big media.
A republican should not care about all the negatives. It’s an industry and should never be hurt even if that industry is harmful to the environment. Think of all the jobs lost!

An interesting note here, you probably don't know.

Real trees are better for the environment.

How Green Is Your Real (or Fake) Christmas Tree?

They recycle CO2, and they don't need any toxic chemicals to make. Recycling real is easier and better than fake as well. Folks just don't know the story and only think in terms of their life cycle.

Also, little known fact, real trees are Michigan's number one agricultural product. No other state in the nation produces more Christmas trees than Michigan.
Excellent point.

I live in Michigan and we have Xmas tree farms all over the place.

I just got tired of picking up needles with my feet, so we go fake now.
I hears ya.

I be blessed with hardwood and tile floors, so it would be a sin not to go with a real tree, my home was built for it.

Water them every day, run a broom around it, no problems.

Though I did once have my kid drop an ornament and got a glass shard in my foot, but that would have happened with a fake, so. . . w/e. The only solution to that is. . .

aid97496-v4-728px-Celebrate-Festivus-Step-2-Version-2.jpg

I do want to get a new fake tree that is prelit. Stringing lights on the tree is the WORST, IMO. I hate doing that. I don't mind hanging the ornaments and stuff. I want a tree that will just pop up all lit up!

A republican should not care about all the negatives. It’s an industry and should never be hurt even if that industry is harmful to the environment. Think of all the jobs lost!
Christmas tree farms are not an industry that is harmful to the environment. Trees are a renewable resource. When you buy a live tree, it is most likely from the Pacific NW and your are helping support a small business owner.

"Environmental effect
In the United States, the National Christmas Tree Association (NCTA) promotes the environmental benefits of live Christmas trees over the competing artificial alternative. The NCTA stated that every acre of Christmas trees in production produced the daily oxygen requirement for 18 people; with 500,000 acres (200,000 ha) in production in the U.S. alone, that amounts to oxygen for 9 million people per day. The NCTA also stated that the farms help to stabilize the soil, protect water supplies and provide wildlife habitat. In addition, the industry points to the reduction of carbon dioxide through Christmas tree farming. An independent Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) study, conducted by a firm of experts in sustainable development, states that a natural tree will generate 3.1 kg of greenhouse gases whereas the artificial tree will produce 8.1 kg per year.

The
BBC's "Gardening" website called buying Christmas trees directly from the farm, "the most environmentally friendly way of getting a tree". Other positive environmental attributes have been given live Christmas trees as well. Researchers at the University of Nebraska included the reuse of natural Christmas trees as mulch and, in larger quantities, piled up as soil erosion barriers, among the benefits of live tree use.Other positive reuses included fish habitat in private ponds and backyard bird feeders." wiki

• Thanks
Reactions: Ava
I will probably end up getting a prelit fake tree sometime after the Christmas season when they are all on clearance sale.

Let me know when they come up with prelit real trees. :D
Check out the new 'pencil' trees. We bought one and love it. Doesn't take up much room and is easy to decorate and move to the basement when the season is over.

I will probably end up getting a prelit fake tree sometime after the Christmas season when they are all on clearance sale.

Let me know when they come up with prelit real trees. :D

Most places will have display trees at 50% off or more

96502307-56a2acf25f9b58b7d0cd4cbd.jpg

I love real trees, but there are too many reasons why I refuse to get another dead tree and put it up in my house.

• That pine smell is the only thing that real trees give us and that soon fades after a few days
  • You can't put up a real tree on Thanksgiving because in a week or two they become a fire hazard
  • Fake trees don't leave needles all over the carpet
  • Cutting down a tree without planting another one could kill us, just ask Al Gore
  • I put my tree in a box or cover it with a sheet
  • A real tree ends up next to the garbage can

How to Choose an Eco-Friendly Christmas Tree
You like fake. Here you go. Let's call it an early Christmas present:

CNN - Breaking News, U.S., World, Weather, Entertainment & Video News

Same as my news

That is how I recycled my real Christmas trees.

My folks live out on a private country road with four or five families, three or four of them all put their trees into a brush pile, along with yard waste, at the end of the year they have a "neighborhood party" and light the whole damn thing up.

Imagine several going up at once, along with a several yards worth of waste. I've been there for a couple of these fires, they are magnificent.

An interesting note here, you probably don't know.

Real trees are better for the environment.

How Green Is Your Real (or Fake) Christmas Tree?

They recycle CO2, and they don't need any toxic chemicals to make. Recycling real is easier and better than fake as well. Folks just don't know the story and only think in terms of their life cycle.

Also, little known fact, real trees are Michigan's number one agricultural product. No other state in the nation produces more Christmas trees than Michigan.

Most Christmas trees are replanted as soon as they are cut

Environmentally conscious

perpetuating business.

Wouldn't make much sense to sell one crop, and not grow the next

I do want to get a new fake tree that is prelit. Stringing lights on the tree is the WORST, IMO. I hate doing that. I don't mind hanging the ornaments and stuff. I want a tree that will just pop up all lit up!

Had one, total confusion trying to get the connections right.

Forum List

Back