Real Tree Or Fake.....I Prefer Fake For Obvious Reasons

Do you prefer a real tree or a fake tree?

• I hate Christmas so I don't like either

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't understand the question

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I love real trees, but there are too many reasons why I refuse to get another dead tree and put it up in my house.
  • That pine smell is the only thing that real trees give us and that soon fades after a few days
  • You can't put up a real tree on Thanksgiving because in a week or two they become a fire hazard
  • Fake trees don't leave needles all over the carpet
  • Cutting down a tree without planting another one could kill us, just ask Al Gore
  • I put my tree in a box or cover it with a sheet
  • A real tree ends up next to the garbage can

You have a Klan Christmas Tree?

I do want to get a new fake tree that is prelit. Stringing lights on the tree is the WORST, IMO. I hate doing that. I don't mind hanging the ornaments and stuff. I want a tree that will just pop up all lit up!

Had one, total confusion trying to get the connections right.

Can it be any worse than stringing lights? I've had these nice lights for a few years now. They are red, green and blue, but all the blue ones burned out! I'll be damned if I'm going over all of these lights to find the one that is affecting all of the others. That is quite the tedious task, so can finding the connections be any more tedious than that? :D

I do want to get a new fake tree that is prelit. Stringing lights on the tree is the WORST, IMO. I hate doing that. I don't mind hanging the ornaments and stuff. I want a tree that will just pop up all lit up!

Can it be any worse than stringing lights? I've had these nice lights for a few years now. They are red, green and blue, but all the blue ones burned out! I'll be damned if I'm going over all of these lights to find the one that is affecting all of the others. That is quite the tedious task, so can finding the connections be any more tedious than that? :D

I'd much rather string them, than go thru the process of playing eenie meenie minie mo getting the lights to work

I'd much rather string them, than go thru the process of playing eenie meenie minie mo getting the lights to work

I don't know. I've talked to quite a few people who love their prelit artificial trees and say they are much easier than stringing lights. :dunno: How long ago did you get yours? Maybe it's an obsolete model?

96502307-56a2acf25f9b58b7d0cd4cbd.jpg

I love real trees, but there are too many reasons why I refuse to get another dead tree and put it up in my house.

• That pine smell is the only thing that real trees give us and that soon fades after a few days
  • You can't put up a real tree on Thanksgiving because in a week or two they become a fire hazard
  • Fake trees don't leave needles all over the carpet
  • Cutting down a tree without planting another one could kill us, just ask Al Gore
  • I put my tree in a box or cover it with a sheet
  • A real tree ends up next to the garbage can

How to Choose an Eco-Friendly Christmas Tree
I just nail old Xmas sweaters to the wall and I'm always shocked the batteries haven't died.

I don't know. I've talked to quite a few people who love their prelit artificial trees and say they are much easier than stringing lights. :dunno: How long ago did you get yours? Maybe it's an obsolete model?
Do as you will, but try to find out how the connections work before you buy one.

Do as you will, but try to find out how the connections work before you buy one.

You didn't answer my question. I asked you if yours was perhaps an older model?

You didn't answer my question. I asked you if yours was perhaps an older model?

The first, yes

the current one, less than 2 years old.

Easy Plug Pre-lit Artificial Christmas Trees | Balsam Hill

EASY PLUG™ TREES

Our patented trunk design comes with pre-made light connections, so lighting these pre-lit artificial Christmas trees is as easy as plugging them into a wall socket.
Comes in 3 pieces.

you have a plug from the wall to the bottom section, you have at least one, usually more, plugs from the first to the second section, and more connections from the second section to the top.

EASY PLUG™ TREES

Our patented trunk design comes with pre-made light connections, so lighting these pre-lit artificial Christmas trees is as easy as plugging them into a wall socket.
Comes in 3 pieces.

you have a plug from the wall to the bottom section, you have at least one, usually more, plugs from the first to the second section, and more connections from the second section to the top.

So? Three plugs? I would rather do that than spend an hour going around and around the Christmas tree stringing lights any day. To each her/his own, I suppose.

EASY PLUG™ TREES

Comes in 3 pieces.

So? Three plugs? I would rather do that than spend an hour going around and around the Christmas tree stringing lights any day. To each her/his own, I suppose.

If you're lucky, only 3 plugs

more like 3 connecting each section.

and you have to get the right plug in the right socket, or no lights.

EASY PLUG™ TREES

Comes in 3 pieces.

If you're lucky, only 3 plugs

more like 3 connecting each section.

and you have to get the right plug in the right socket, or no lights.

I'm sorry, but this doesn't sound any more complicated to me than stringing lights and having to also connect them if you have more than one strand. Not to mention there is the fact that you have to get up high on a chair or ladder and risk falling down and hurting yourself, breaking your tree or both, and just the aggravation of having to move it to each side of the tree while hanging them and making them look "pretty" and getting up and down the ladder and moving it and meanwhile, the lights behind you are getting all tangled up, and you have detangle. It's hell. SHEER HELL, I tell ya!

Massachusetts Police Stop Mazda With Massive Christmas Tree On Its Roof

Police in Sudbury, Massachusetts stopped this Mazda5 after somehow spotting it underneath the needles and branches of what looks like a fully mature douglas fir on Friday, the day when a lot of families first head out to get their tree for the season. The angle of the photo makes it hard to judge just how big it really is, but given how it dwarfs the 15-foot-long minivan, it appears no one told the driver that Christmas trees always look bigger indoors.

Forum List

Back