Reason #59,538 on Why to Homeschool

The government school systems are a collection of fascists.

During on online class the teacher saw a Red Ryder BB gun so called the cops to have his home raided.

The principal and the teacher cited a rule stating that students may not bring guns to school and claimed it extended to virtual classes as well.

Do people who support home schooling never compare them to regular kids?

Control for IQ every kid who went through public education will be ten times as socially capable.....

Never met a home schooled kid in Illinois when I was a boy who wasn't a fucking weirdo.

Maybe it's different in other places, but in the midwest. Homeschooling is the mark of the indoctrinated
Homeschool kids are under 100 percent control of their parents. Who they meet, who they play with, what they read, what they are exposed to

Like you said......Weird kids
How is that weird? That's how life was for 99.99% of the last 100,000 years.

Because like dogs, children need to be socialized

I'm sure well socialized home schooled children from Kindergarten to senior year exist. But it would take an extreme amount of effort relative to just sending him to public or private school. Now try that with 3 kids

That's why they're so weird. They just don't have the experience of spending so many hours in class with their peers. Like a dog who wasn't socialized properly

No amount of travel baseball is gonna fix that. Certainly not debate club lol
Ah, the old "socialized" malarkey. Here's a tip. "Socialized" basically is code for herdthink. I do believe that the biggest push behind the "socialized" garbage is the fear that some kids are going to grow up out of the control of government bureaucrats.

Consider, do I want my child to learn how to act like an adult in society from a bunch of children, or do I want my child to learn how to act like an adult from adults? Do I want my child to learn how to think about complex situations or do I want my child to simply learn to regurgitate what everybody else is saying? In a classroom setting, contrary thought is denied, not encouraged. In a classroom setting where a teacher has too many students, the slowest bring down the fastest, and the fastest get bored. Recipe for trouble. In a classroom setting the slowest know they're slower and seek other ways to get attention and approval. Another recipe for trouble.

Interesting as well that some of the very same people complaining about how dangerous schools are vigorously reject parents' attempts to take their kids out of those same situations.

Reasons to Home School

Your child does not socialize well with others
You are too lazy to get up early to get your kids to school
You want to isolate your child from negroes, Hispanics and Jews
You want to indoctrinate your child to your religious and political beliefs and you don’t want them exposed to others.
You have no clue how homeschooling works.
Very familiar with it.

Biggest educational scam in the country
How is homeschooling a "scam?" If anything is a scam, it's government schooling.
There are no educational or experience requirements to homeschool.

Look at me, I is a Teecher. I can run my own Skool now

It will be interesting to see how many children actually return to public schools when reopened, and from what social class.
A good number will return because their parents are not capable of homeschooling. If my Facebook is any measure, not a single person I know enjoyed homeschooling.
Home schooling, just like parenting in general, requires forethought and determination to be done well.

Reasons to Home School

You want to indoctrinate your child to your religious and political beliefs and you don’t want them exposed to others.
Very familiar with it.

How is homeschooling a "scam?" If anything is a scam, it's government schooling.
There are no educational or experience requirements to homeschool.

Look at me, I is a Teecher. I can run my own Skool now
I've asked you before to post the requirements for where you live. Please do so, you might learn something.

During on online class the teacher saw a Red Ryder BB gun so called the cops to have his home raided.

The principal and the teacher cited a rule stating that students may not bring guns to school and claimed it extended to virtual classes as well.

Control for IQ every kid who went through public education will be ten times as socially capable.....

Never met a home schooled kid in Illinois when I was a boy who wasn't a fucking weirdo.

Maybe it's different in other places, but in the midwest. Homeschooling is the mark of the indoctrinated
Homeschool kids are under 100 percent control of their parents. Who they meet, who they play with, what they read, what they are exposed to

I'm sure well socialized home schooled children from Kindergarten to senior year exist. But it would take an extreme amount of effort relative to just sending him to public or private school. Now try that with 3 kids

That's why they're so weird. They just don't have the experience of spending so many hours in class with their peers. Like a dog who wasn't socialized properly

Ah, the old "socialized" malarkey. Here's a tip. "Socialized" basically is code for herdthink. I do believe that the biggest push behind the "socialized" garbage is the fear that some kids are going to grow up out of the control of government bureaucrats.

Consider, do I want my child to learn how to act like an adult in society from a bunch of children, or do I want my child to learn how to act like an adult from adults? Do I want my child to learn how to think about complex situations or do I want my child to simply learn to regurgitate what everybody else is saying? In a classroom setting, contrary thought is denied, not encouraged. In a classroom setting where a teacher has too many students, the slowest bring down the fastest, and the fastest get bored. Recipe for trouble. In a classroom setting the slowest know they're slower and seek other ways to get attention and approval. Another recipe for trouble.

Interesting as well that some of the very same people complaining about how dangerous schools are vigorously reject parents' attempts to take their kids out of those same situations.

Yea again if your kid can't buck his own mother, he's not gonna buck group think once he gets out into the world anyway.

And yes that's the price you pay for easy socialization. Pick a private school if you're that worried. All schooling is indoctrination. It benefits one to be indoctrinated into the same beliefs most of the society you live in is relative to just any other random set of beliefs a parent might spout.

If your kid was born to be an independent thinker they will be one. You teaching them or some one else, either way they're gonna say fuck you if they're actually independent. Might as well have them rage against the system instead of you.

It will be interesting to see how many children actually return to public schools when reopened, and from what social class.
A good number will return because their parents are not capable of homeschooling. If my Facebook is any measure, not a single person I know enjoyed homeschooling.
Home schooling, just like parenting in general, requires forethought and determination to be done well.
Yes, and very few people are educated and organized to make that happen. If homeschooling works for you, great! I just can't stand morons like the OP who thinks anyone and everyone should be doing it. As a teacher, I was stuck with students who failed at homeschooling.

Yea again if your kid can't buck his own mother, he's not gonna buck group think once he gets out into the world anyway.

And yes that's the price you pay for easy socialization. Pick a private school if you're that worried. All schooling is indoctrination. It benefits one to be indoctrinated into the same beliefs most of the society you live in is relative to just any other random set of beliefs a parent might spout.

If your kid was born to be an independent thinker they will be one. You teaching them or some one else, either way they're gonna say fuck you if they're actually independent. Might as well have them rage against the system instead of you.
Would it be better for such a kid to face an entire school system geared more towards getting him to "sit down and shut up" instead of actually educating him to be a strong, independent thinker, or better to have a school situation tailored for his unique needs? You get what you pay for, and if you're looking to help your kids function in society, you get a better product when you invest more of yourself in the process than the "easy socialization". In that model, you're abandoning your child to someone else, in essence saying, "Do this to my child for me because I don't care enough to make sure it's done right".

Would it be better for such a kid to face an entire school system geared more towards getting him to "sit down and shut up" instead of actually educating him to be a strong, independent thinker, or better to have a school situation tailored for his unique needs? You get what you pay for, and if you're looking to help your kids function in society, you get a better product when you invest more of yourself in the process than the "easy socialization". In that model, you're abandoning your child to someone else, in essence saying, "Do this to my child for me because I don't care enough to make sure it's done right".

yea because sometimes in life you have to sit down and shut teh fuck up

and sometimes u gotta deal with some oen fucking with you

or try to get the girl

All those things are stunted by home schooling

Just not properly socialized relative to their peers and it seems to always show...Learning self control is the biggest indicator of success beyond IQ. Mormons do great just by teaching their kids delayed gratification. And they believe some crazy shit with no independence.

As a partent, I think I'd want to go down and beat the living crap out of the school superintendent who thinks seeing a BB gun in the home of an online child constitutes a school matter and safety concern for the school. All they ever had to do is phone the parents and ask them to please keep "weapons" out of sight in the background during online classrooms.

Yes, and very few people are educated and organized to make that happen. If homeschooling works for you, great! I just can't stand morons like the OP who thinks anyone and everyone should be doing it. As a teacher, I was stuck with students who failed at homeschooling.
I would add that even poorly educated parents can successfully home-school if they use an on-line curriculum like we did. Both my wife and I hold degrees and we used one of those. It was great to have teachers available on the other end to grade papers and answer questions when we couldn't immediately.

yea because sometimes in life you have to sit down and shut teh fuck up

and sometimes u gotta deal with some oen fucking with you

or try to get the girl

All those things are stunted by home schooling

Just not properly socialized relative to their peers and it seems to always show...Learning self control is the biggest indicator of success beyond IQ. Mormons do great just by teaching their kids delayed gratification. And they believe some crazy shit with no independence.
You're not listening. Mom and Dad teach when to sit down and shut up. The classroom teaches that "sit down and shut up" can get you better grades and more approval from the teacher than being brilliant. Can you show us:

1. Vast numbers of home schooled kids that don't know how to be polite in society?
2. Vast numbers of home schooled kids with little to no self control?

I know you're aware of a large number of college aged students who were NOT home schooled, but have little to no self-control and no idea how to exist politely in society. They're all over YouTube, yelling and screeching about everything under the sun, demanding their professors be fired for making them take tests, etc.

IF you live in a more conservative area you will get more conservative teachers, if you live in a more liberal area you will get more liberal teachers. matters not where you live you will get some of both views.

Home schooling is better than government schooling any day of the week.

IF you live in a more conservative area you will get more conservative teachers, if you live in a more liberal area you will get more liberal teachers. matters not where you live you will get some of both views.
Bullshit. These days you will get leftwingers no matter where the school is.

Reasons to Home School

Very familiar with it.

Yeah, that’s why every school has guards and metal detectors.
Not every school. Not even close.

Forum List

Back