Reckless Domestic abusers lose right to...

CrusaderFrank

Diamond Member
May 20, 2009
SCOTUS ruled yesterday that "reckless" domestic abusers lose their Second Amendment rights. I keep telling you the Left will use SCOTUS to take away our Second Amendment rights and here it is.

Voisine v. United States

So sick that it was 6-2 decision. Seriously WTF

What other rights should "reckless domestic abusers" lose, Right to vote, no? Do we want people with a misdemeanor voting? I think not

Slippery Slope and we're on it

If you're convicted of a violent crime (such a domestic violence), why should you be able to keep your guns? It displays aggression, lack of empathy for others, and potentially a loss of the ability to keep one's cool.

"Section 922(g)(9) does far more than “close [a] dangerous loophole” by prohibiting individuals who had committed felony domestic violence from possessing guns simply because they pleaded guilty to misdemeanors. Ante, at 1 (internal quotation marks omitted). It imposes a lifetime ban on possessing a gun for all nonfelony domestic offenses, including so-called infractions or summary offenses." - Thomas

http://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/15pdf/14-10154_19m1.pdf

Lifetime ban on reckless voter too, right?

If you're convicted of a violent crime (such a domestic violence), why should you be able to keep your guns? It displays aggression, lack of empathy for others, and potentially a loss of the ability to keep one's cool.

It was a misdemeanor...it was "reckless" and not directed at anyone. Under this ruling a speeding ticket will one day cost you your Second Amendment right

Then just make the crimes a felony.

It was a misdemeanor...it was "reckless" and not directed at anyone. Under this ruling a speeding ticket will one day cost you your Second Amendment right

In a rational world, no. But Gun control zealots are not known to be rational.

A car accident is reckless too right?

That is ridiculous. You act as though domestic abuse was just a random crime they chose out of a hat.

Well taking guns away due to a misdemeanor is silly, I'd just make domestic violence a felony (which it probably should be regardless).

PS: Speeding tickets are infractions, not misdemeanors.

Some idiot in one of the gun grabber cities will probably try that one sooner or later.

My view is if you want a crime to remove 2A rights from a convicted person, just make the crime a felony.

Some idiot in one of the gun grabber cities will probably try that one sooner or later.

My view is if you want a crime to remove 2A rights from a convicted person, just make the crime a felony.

That ship just sailed, my friend. The bar has been lowered to a misdemeanor

CrusaderFrank, along with Sotomayor and Thomas and me, are correct in saying that a misdemeanor conviction for dropping a plate on the floor or slamming a door should not be cause to lose one's right to own weapons.

If a lefty like Sotomayor, a right of centrist like myself, and far right freaks like Frank and Thomas can all agree, the rest of you are probably wrong.

CrusaderFrank, along with Sotomayor and Thomas and me, are correct in saying that dropping a plate on the floor or slamming a door should not be cause to lose one's right to own weapons.

If a lefty like Sotomayor, a right of centrist like myself, and far right freaks like Frank and Thomas can all agree, the rest of you are probably wrong.

OMFG. I have to play the lottery today.

Jake, who hacked your account?

We need a full court again, and one with strict constructionists on it.

i.e., hold your nose and vote trump.

CrusaderFrank, along with Sotomayor and Thomas and me, are correct in saying that dropping a plate on the floor or slamming a door should not be cause to lose one's right to own weapons.

OMFG. I have to play the lottery today. Jake, who hacked your account?
If you were not a knee jerk ideologue, Frank, we would agree more often. You want us to go back to a culture of the late fifties and early sixties, which is just not possible.

Trump would do away with the court

they should lose the privilege to drive as well

cars can be very dangerous to those who lose their cool

Probably not. and Hillary would appoint people openly hostile to the 2nd amendment.

The "tool" theory was blown apart long ago, jon. Move along, as I don't tolerate foolish remarks like yours much.

Probably not. and Hillary would appoint people openly hostile to the 2nd amendment.
Vote Johnson, because Trump would destroy the court and Hilary would appoint hard lefties.

Forum List

Back