Reckless Domestic abusers lose right to...

SCOTUS ruled yesterday that "reckless" domestic abusers lose their Second Amendment rights. I keep telling you the Left will use SCOTUS to take away our Second Amendment rights and here it is.

Voisine v. United States

So sick that it was 6-2 decision. Seriously WTF

What other rights should "reckless domestic abusers" lose, Right to vote, no? Do we want people with a misdemeanor voting? I think not

Slippery Slope and we're on it

This ruling is correct. There is no fault to find in the court here. Where the subject has been convicted in open court, they have received due process of the law. Therefore, their rights can be restricted according to the constitution. That being said, the point you raise is also correct, that an unfettered power by the government to restrict any right whatsoever upon conviction of a misdemeanor is an outrageous power to possess. I do not believe that such was ever the real intention of the 14th amendment, but it is definitely a difficult to avoid consequence at this point.

We do need a constitutional amendment that limits the way "due process of the law" can be adequate to restrict people's rights. A person convicted of a crime should not be subject to what is essentially a life sentence of withheld rights. When a person has finished serving their time they should have full rights restored, including the right to vote and the right to keep and bear arms.

If you're convicted of a violent crime (such a domestic violence), why should you be able to keep your guns?

Because it's a constitutionally protected right. If our constitutionally protected rights are easily overridden with conviction of a misdemeanor, then they are perilously unprotected.

If you're convicted of a violent crime (such a domestic violence), why should you be able to keep your guns? It displays aggression, lack of empathy for others, and potentially a loss of the ability to keep one's cool.

It was a misdemeanor...it was "reckless" and not directed at anyone. Under this ruling a speeding ticket will one day cost you your Second Amendment right

That is ridiculous. You act as though domestic abuse was just a random crime they chose out of a hat.

Fun fact: Slamming the front door into the wall as you try to escape your abuser, putting a hole in it, can result in a domestic violence conviction.

Actually, no, that's not a fun fact at all, considering the immense power you want the government to wield upon the label of "domestic violence" being affixed to an act.

SCOTUS ruled yesterday that "reckless" domestic abusers lose their Second Amendment rights. I keep telling you the Left will use SCOTUS to take away our Second Amendment rights and here it is.

Voisine v. United States

What other rights should "reckless domestic abusers" lose, Right to vote, no? Do we want people with a misdemeanor voting? I think not

This ruling is correct. There is no fault to find in the court here. Where the subject has been convicted in open court, they have received due process of the law. Therefore, their rights can be restricted according to the constitution. That being said, the point you raise is also correct, that an unfettered power by the government to restrict any right whatsoever upon conviction of a misdemeanor is an outrageous power to possess. I do not believe that such was ever the real intention of the 14th amendment, but it is definitely a difficult to avoid consequence at this point.

We do need a constitutional amendment that limits the way "due process of the law" can be adequate to restrict people's rights. A person convicted of a crime should not be subject to what is essentially a life sentence of withheld rights. When a person has finished serving their time they should have full rights restored, including the right to vote and the right to keep and bear arms.

What other Rights should they lose? Speech? Vote?

Some idiot in one of the gun grabber cities will probably try that one sooner or later.

My view is if you want a crime to remove 2A rights from a convicted person, just make the crime a felony.

That ship just sailed, my friend. The bar has been lowered to a misdemeanor

We need a full court again, and one with strict constructionists on it.

i.e., hold your nose and vote trump.
Trump would do away with the court

Probably not. and Hillary would appoint people openly hostile to the 2nd amendment.
Vote Johnson, because Trump would destroy the court and Hilary would appoint hard lefties.

How would he destroy the court,the hysterical nonsense just keeps coming

The list Trump put out has nobody on there that would destroy the court.thats just ridiculous .

If you're convicted of a violent crime (such a domestic violence), why should you be able to keep your guns? It displays aggression, lack of empathy for others, and potentially a loss of the ability to keep one's cool.

It was a misdemeanor...it was "reckless" and not directed at anyone. Under this ruling a speeding ticket will one day cost you your Second Amendment right

That is ridiculous. You act as though domestic abuse was just a random crime they chose out of a hat.

Fun fact: Slamming the front door into the wall as you try to escape your abuser, putting a hole in it, can result in a domestic violence conviction.

Actually, no, that's not a fun fact at all, considering the immense power you want the government to wield upon the label of "domestic violence" being affixed to an act.

Fun fact: 'Your abuser' at the very least shouldn't be armed.

they should lose the privilege to drive as well

cars can be very dangerous to those who lose their cool

This is the problem right here. I'm not for banning guns. I'm not for banning "assault weapons". I'm not for gun-free zones. I'm not for not allowing teachers to arm themselves in school.

However you can't say with straight face that somebody convicted (not just arrested) with a violent felony should still be able to own guns. There's not reasonable. So you deflect into cars/driving.

Fun fact: 'Your abuser' at the very least shouldn't be armed.

And should also lose his right to speech, privacy and vote too.

Voisine v. United States

I don't see the issue. When you are convicted of a crime, you can have your rights restricted

Voisine v. United States

I see your talking about gun ownership and voting, if we could just due away will the silly voting and gun ownership things would be so much nicer in this country, just think about it for a moment, all American Sheeple would no longer be CLINGING to their Gunz and Religion, instead they would be clinging to Insecurity and FEAR and would follow instruction without question, just like the little fag does...... in this video:

Voisine v. United States

I see your talking about gun ownership and voting, if we could just due away will the silly voting and gun ownership things would be so much nicer in this country, just think about it for a moment, all American Sheeple would no longer be CLINGING to their Gunz and Religion, instead they would be clinging to Insecurity and FEAR and would follow instruction without question, just like the little fag does...... in this video:

:lmao: The guy who's making fun of right wing ignorance can't write the English language. I'm no Internet spelling police, in general, but you call people stupid, you are fair game

That ship just sailed, my friend. The bar has been lowered to a misdemeanor

Probably not. and Hillary would appoint people openly hostile to the 2nd amendment.
Vote Johnson, because Trump would destroy the court and Hilary would appoint hard lefties.

The list Trump put out has nobody on there that would destroy the court.thats just ridiculous .
You are a very foolish person if you do not see Trump's megalomaniac narcissistic personality disorder. He will brook no resistance from anybody or any institution.

You are a very foolish person if you do not see Trump's megalomaniac narcissistic personality disorder. He will brook no resistance from anybody or any institution.

I agree, but then you look at the lying, hate filled, screaming, arrogant Hildabeast and don't see anything wrong. That is what's wrong with you, Jake

Voisine v. United States

I don't see the issue. When you are convicted of a crime, you can have your rights restricted

So, if you're convinced of a misdemeanor you can lose your right to property, speech and privacy as well?

I agree, but then you look at the lying, hate filled, screaming, arrogant Hildabeast and don't see anything wrong. That is what's wrong with you, Jake
We are talking about Trump and his hatred of any opposition and his inability to live by common courtesy and decency

I am not voting for Hillary, but for Johnson, so bringing up Hillary is a disingenuous tactic and deception.

Voisine v. United States

So, if you're convinced of a misdemeanor you can lose your right to property, speech and privacy as well?

Yes. Where does the fifth say felony? The fifth says due process. Clearly there is a direct connection between someone who committed a violent crime against their own family and having a gun. It's not random or arbitrary.

And BTW, only leftists are stupid enough to think that is going to prevent him from getting a gun. The goal is to catch him with one and put him back in jail where he belongs

Voisine v. United States

If you are engaged in reckless violence, yes, goes the reasoning. SwimExpert is making boodles of sense on this.

We are talking about Trump and his hatred of any opposition and his inability to live by common courtesy and decency

I am not voting for Hillary, but for Johnson, so bringing up Hillary is a disingenuous tactic and deception.

Regardless of who you claim to be voting for, you make the same point about Trump over and over with silence about Hillary and her extreme and constant hate in her speeches

Forum List

Back