Record 95,102,000 Americans Not in Labor Force; Number Grew 18% Since Obama Took Office in 2009

easyt65

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2015
The number has been and continues to be a challenge. The economy is still not doing great, the Baby-Boomers are starting to reach retirement age, the influx of millions of illegals has created competition for the limited number of jobs we have in the US, there are less full-time and more part-time jobs now, and there is a great need to create more jobs and to get Americans getting back to work...

"Barack Obama's presidency began with a record number of Americans not in the labor force, and it's ending the same way.

The final jobs report of the Obama presidency, released Friday, shows that the number of Americans not in the labor force has increased by 14,573,000 (18.09 percent) since January 2009, when Obama took office, continuing a long-term trend that began well before Obama was sworn in.

"I took an economy that was about to go into a Great Depression, and we've now had a little over six years of straight economic job growth, an unemployment rate that's down below 5 percent, and incomes that have gone up and poverty that has gone down."

But people who stop looking for a job are no longer counted as unemployed.

"We have to continue to work to make sure that kids are getting the best education they can, that jobs are being located so that people in need can access them, and that's going to be something that I suspect we'll all be working on, and folks will still be working on after I'm gone.""

Record 95,102,000 Americans Not in Labor Force; Number Grew 18% Since Obama Took Office in 2009

Thank you for your service....and President-elect Trump is already working on the problem as well.

And to think, between the US Government and the Fed, it only added $14 Trillion in new debt

So we have a problem that Obama has worked on but still needs to be addressed as we move forward. For the good of the country I hope we can eventually start seeing those numbers go down, not continue to go up. With the climbing number of Boomers beginning to retire that may not happen for quite a long while.

Obama also has the record for the most people in the labor force, as well as the most people not in the labor force.

Concepts such as "the population grows" tend to be a bit beyond Trump-cultists. Sadly, they vote, and their votes count as much as a normal person.

Now, the non-participation rate has crept up, but that has to do with the population getting more elderly-heavy.

Obama also has the record for the most people in the labor force, as well as the most people not in the labor force.

Concepts such as "the population grows" tend to be a bit beyond Trump-cultists. Sadly, they vote, and their votes count as much as a normal person.

Now, the non-participation rate has crept up, but that has to do with the population getting more elderly-heavy.
Damn, you posted something factual, Mahmutt.

What's getting into you?

You running a fever?

And then there is this....

All Employment Growth Since 2000 Went to Immigrants

Workers continued to produce more and earn less:
upload_2017-1-6_7-37-8.png

Wages of college grads plummets:
upload_2017-1-6_7-38-32.png

The number has been and continues to be a challenge. The economy is still not doing great, the Baby-Boomers are starting to reach retirement age, the influx of millions of illegals has created competition for the limited number of jobs we have in the US, there are less full-time and more part-time jobs now, and there is a great need to create more jobs and to get Americans getting back to work...

"Barack Obama's presidency began with a record number of Americans not in the labor force, and it's ending the same way.

The final jobs report of the Obama presidency, released Friday, shows that the number of Americans not in the labor force has increased by 14,573,000 (18.09 percent) since January 2009, when Obama took office, continuing a long-term trend that began well before Obama was sworn in.

"I took an economy that was about to go into a Great Depression, and we've now had a little over six years of straight economic job growth, an unemployment rate that's down below 5 percent, and incomes that have gone up and poverty that has gone down."

"We have to continue to work to make sure that kids are getting the best education they can, that jobs are being located so that people in need can access them, and that's going to be something that I suspect we'll all be working on, and folks will still be working on after I'm gone.""

Thank you for your service....and President-elect Trump is already working on the problem as well.

You do realize that every President since Truman (when the data were first collected) has set a record number not in the labor force?

Workers continued to produce more and earn less:

You say that like it ought to mean something to anybody, but I have it on clear libertarian authority that wages are completely independent of production and that the markets will be most perfectly efficient when we are all reduced to slavery.

What do you think about them apples?

:D

You do realize that every President since Truman (when the data were first collected) has set a record number not in the labor force?
Of course - population growth, growing number of retirements, etc.... I was just commenting on what WE face today and still need to address. Our 'problems'/challenges with this might be greater than those in the past - at least for some time - due to the Boomers.

poor old simpletons ...the number grew 18% under Obama ... of course it did, more baby boomers retired because they are getting old.

I bet old man Trump can invent a setting on his magic wand and turn back time. On his first day 65 year old boomers who retired revert back to 40 year old workers with a job .. WOOHOO !

fix 10,000 a fucking day Trump ..

Roughly 10,000 Baby Boomers will turn 65 today, and about 10,000 more will cross that threshold every day for the next 19 years.

Last edited:

If yer obummer has the most people in the labor force why are ten million more people on food stamps?

But the Alt Right can get Trump to change Population Growth and Aging Population....

Time to bring Grandma to the wood shed with a Gun... It is the way she wanted it...

Does that include people retiring?

If yer obummer has the most people in the labor force why are ten million more people on food stamps?
Because Walmart won't pay more

What do you think one has to do with the other?

Forum List

Back