Records: Top IRS visited Obama WH more than ANY other cabinet official.

Sorry, but you have no smoking gun.

"Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence."

Obama wanted to find as many ways as possible to raise taxes. How many times did he try? How many long, drawn out battles were fought over taxes since he took office?

Is it any surprise he consulted the IRS guy regularly? Not really.

Lol! That's one of the best ones yet....good job!!! :cuckoo:

and to think we thought the number of times the Honorable Madam Lewinski visited the white house in the 90's was way beyond acceptable! 7? 8? trips to the Oval Office? what was she doing in there?

You gotta be a lock-step low-information left wing radical to not realize that the IRS targeting Tea Party groups was part of the DNC/Obama election strategy to suppress the conservative vote. The question is "what did he know and when did he know it". Sounds similar to a scandal that hit an administration about 40 years ago.

It's not as if the Obama team consists of these vestal virgins who have never used hardball tactics to crush any opposition.

:lol:

Have you seen this one? Great read and it lays out the groundwork that leads to the current IRS scandal.

Strassel: Conservatives Became Targets in 2008
The Obama campaign played a big role in a liberal onslaught that far pre-dated Citizens United.

The White House insists President Obama is "outraged" by the "inappropriate" targeting and harassment of conservative groups. If true, it's a remarkable turnaround for a man who helped pioneer those tactics.

On Aug. 21, 2008, the conservative American Issues Project ran an ad highlighting ties between candidate Obama and Bill Ayers, formerly of the Weather Underground. The Obama campaign and supporters were furious, and they pressured TV stations to pull the ad—a common-enough tactic in such ad spats.

What came next was not common. Bob Bauer, general counsel for the campaign (and later general counsel for the White House), on the same day wrote to the criminal division of the Justice Department, demanding an investigation into AIP, "its officers and directors," and its "anonymous donors." Mr. Bauer claimed that the nonprofit, as a 501(c)(4), was committing a "knowing and willful violation" of election law, and wanted "action to enforce against criminal violations."

AIP gave Justice a full explanation as to why it was not in violation. It said that it operated exactly as liberal groups like Naral Pro-Choice did. It noted that it had disclosed its donor, Texas businessman Harold Simmons. Mr. Bauer's response was a second letter to Justice calling for the prosecution of Mr. Simmons. He sent a third letter on Sept. 8, again smearing the "sham" AIP's "illegal electoral purpose."

Also on Sept. 8, Mr. Bauer complained to the Federal Election Commission about AIP and Mr. Simmons. He demanded that AIP turn over certain tax documents to his campaign (his right under IRS law), then sent a letter to AIP further hounding it for confidential information (to which he had no legal right).

The Bauer onslaught was a big part of a new liberal strategy to thwart the rise of conservative groups.

Rest at link and it's worth the read.

Another key point.

As general counsel to the Obama re-election campaign, Mr. Bauer used the same tactics on pro-Romney groups. The Obama campaign targeted private citizens who had donated to Romney groups. Democratic senators demanded that the IRS investigate these organizations.

None of this proves that Mr. Obama was involved in the IRS targeting of conservative nonprofits. But it does help explain how we got an environment in which the IRS thought this was acceptable.

Strassel: Conservatives Became Targets in 2008 - WSJ.com

Because God forbid we expect people to follow the law.

Oh man these numbers are staggering. Yes I know the media threw out the number 157 visits the other day.

But now there's a proper comparison to show just how over the top the number of these visits were.

I smell smoke. And where there's smoke.......:cool:

Visited over 3 times more than his boss.

Douglas Shulman made 157 visits to the Obama White House, while his boss, the treasury secretary, was there only 43 times

Hello?

Shulman visited more than the combined total of the secretaries of energy, defense, education, homeland security, and health and human services

This figure just slayed me.

Shulman's predecessor, Mark Everson, made just one visit to the Bush White House during his four years as IRS commissioner between 2003 and 2007.

Geitner apparently only visited 48 times and Hillary Clinton only 43 times.

:eusa_whistle:

article-2333525-1A1296EE000005DC-595_634x610.jpg

Shulman also has more recorded visits to 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue than the 48 logged by Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius, a key figure in the passage and implementation of Obamacare.

Education Secretary Arne Duncan has been in the White House 31 times. Steven Chu made 22 visits while he was Secretary of Energy. Former Defense Secretary Robert Gates visited just 17 times.

Records: Top official in charge of embattled IRS visited the Obama White House far more than any cabinet official | Mail Online

Yet Obama denies any discussion of IRS policy.
No one can make up this shit.The bottom line is the Obama Admin is corrupt to the core.

And?

It’s hard to tell which is more pathetic: the right’s desperation or stupidity.

You lefties will not be able to spin your way out this one.
How you can turn a blind eye to such corruption and call yourselves American is a mystery.
You should be ashamed.

What? You are not connecting the dots. Obama is guilty and should be impeached. What other reason would the IRS head have for visiting the WH? Not only that, but he was so cavalier about it........letting it get into the public record like that! What a " fuck you " to the real America patriots!

Go bake cookies.

What? You are not connecting the dots. Obama is guilty and should be impeached. What other reason would the IRS head have for visiting the WH? Not only that, but he was so cavalier about it........letting it get into the public record like that! What a " fuck you " to the real America patriots!

Go bake cookies.

Say what? If I didn't know better, I would say you were insulting in the politics forum without making a comment relevant to the discussion.

You say the POTUS is corrupt. When are you going to prove it?

Now.....want to talk coaching? Got some advice for how to handle the moms? You lying sack of shit? I have made a few thousand dollars coaching 11 year old baseball players since we last spoke. And not a single mom has said a cross word to me. How the fuck does that happen?

The evidence is clear. Based on the information provided here, the President definitely directed the IRS to fuck with conservative groups. It is crystal clear.

No where in my OP did I accuse Obama and no where in the article is the President accused of directing the IRS.

But associates of the President do have a history of "mucking around" targeting Conservative groups don't they now?

And I suppose that's meant to be in contrast to the Republicans, who never target groups like...say...

Planned Parenthood???

And?

That's the lefts answer every time we come out with another scandal.....how many does it take before you finally start thinking?

And the same can be asked of you and other blind partisan rightists.

You and others on the right need to think about what constitutes evidence and motive.

You need to think about the idiotic notion that the president met with IRS officials and personally instructed them to investigate the TPM only.

You and other conservatives need to think about the fact that it has nothing to do with ‘the left’ and everything to do with what can be documented and proven, not that which is subjective inference and speculation.

and Barry wants his friends to pay 500,000 to hang with him for quarterly meetings? who wants to pay $500,000 to listen to Barry read from a teleprompter?

And?

You'd have us dumb Americans believe that, at NO time in any of the 150 visits, nothing was said about targeting those "Evil Tea Baggers"
:confused::confused:

:eusa_hand:

The evidence is clear. Based on the information provided here, the President definitely directed the IRS to fuck with conservative groups. It is crystal clear.

No.

Get your talking points straight.

President Obama knew nothing about it until he heard about it on the news, like the rest of us.

You really should subscribe to ThinkProgress. I do

:eusa_whistle:

You gotta be a lock-step low-information left wing radical to not realize that the IRS targeting Tea Party groups was part of the DNC/Obama election strategy to suppress the conservative vote. The question is "what did he know and when did he know it". Sounds similar to a scandal that hit an administration about 40 years ago.

I got a chuckle listening to (??) a woman telling us that during her time with the Campaign they weren't 'in the loop' in regards to Benghazi.

She is now the spokesperson for the State Dept
:rofl:

:eusa_silenced:

It's not as if the Obama team consists of these vestal virgins who have never used hardball tactics to crush any opposition.

Have you seen this one? Great read and it lays out the groundwork that leads to the current IRS scandal.

Strassel: Conservatives Became Targets in 2008
The Obama campaign played a big role in a liberal onslaught that far pre-dated Citizens United.

The White House insists President Obama is "outraged" by the "inappropriate" targeting and harassment of conservative groups. If true, it's a remarkable turnaround for a man who helped pioneer those tactics.

On Aug. 21, 2008, the conservative American Issues Project ran an ad highlighting ties between candidate Obama and Bill Ayers, formerly of the Weather Underground. The Obama campaign and supporters were furious, and they pressured TV stations to pull the ad—a common-enough tactic in such ad spats.

What came next was not common. Bob Bauer, general counsel for the campaign (and later general counsel for the White House), on the same day wrote to the criminal division of the Justice Department, demanding an investigation into AIP, "its officers and directors," and its "anonymous donors." Mr. Bauer claimed that the nonprofit, as a 501(c)(4), was committing a "knowing and willful violation" of election law, and wanted "action to enforce against criminal violations."

AIP gave Justice a full explanation as to why it was not in violation. It said that it operated exactly as liberal groups like Naral Pro-Choice did. It noted that it had disclosed its donor, Texas businessman Harold Simmons. Mr. Bauer's response was a second letter to Justice calling for the prosecution of Mr. Simmons. He sent a third letter on Sept. 8, again smearing the "sham" AIP's "illegal electoral purpose."

Also on Sept. 8, Mr. Bauer complained to the Federal Election Commission about AIP and Mr. Simmons. He demanded that AIP turn over certain tax documents to his campaign (his right under IRS law), then sent a letter to AIP further hounding it for confidential information (to which he had no legal right).

The Bauer onslaught was a big part of a new liberal strategy to thwart the rise of conservative groups.

Rest at link and it's worth the read.

Another key point.

As general counsel to the Obama re-election campaign, Mr. Bauer used the same tactics on pro-Romney groups. The Obama campaign targeted private citizens who had donated to Romney groups. Democratic senators demanded that the IRS investigate these organizations.

None of this proves that Mr. Obama was involved in the IRS targeting of conservative nonprofits. But it does help explain how we got an environment in which the IRS thought this was acceptable.

Strassel: Conservatives Became Targets in 2008 - WSJ.com

Because God forbid we expect people to follow the law.

Oh too funny!

This harassment of conservatives is a tactic that just naturally expanded into the IRS's arena and them taking everything to the max and screwing up by being so obvious.

Take Vandersloot for example. A major Romney donor. All of a sudden it became public knowledge that he had donated to Romney's campaign and he starts getting audited out the ying yang.

Poor bastard ended up on Obama's enemies list.

Coincidence? :lol: I think not.

On April 20, 2012, Obama’s campaign published statements about eight Romney donors, including VanderSloot, and argued that they are “a group of wealthy individuals with less-than-reputable records” and many “have been on the wrong side of the law, others have made profits at the expense of so many Americans.”

Within 10 days of the campaign publishing that list, Michael Wolf, then a staffer for the Senate Permanent Subcommittee on Investigations, appeared in Idaho Falls, Idaho, seeking legal records about VanderSloot.

The article continues to detail how two months later: “VanderSloot and his wife Belinda were told by the IRS their personal finances were being audited.

One week after that, President Obama’s Department of Labor commenced an audit on VanderSloot’s company VanderSloot Farms.

Then, a couple months later, in September, the IRS commenced an audit on another of VanderSloot’s companies, RBH Idaho.”

Frank VanderSloot, Romney donor investigated or audited by IRS, DOL 4 times, after making ?enemies list? - - The Global Dispatch

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkZGsFU80xA]Daily Press Briefing: May 29, 2013 - YouTube[/ame]

Go bake cookies.

Say what? If I didn't know better, I would say you were insulting in the politics forum without making a comment relevant to the discussion.

You say the POTUS is corrupt. When are you going to prove it?

Now.....want to talk coaching? Got some advice for how to handle the moms? You lying sack of shit? I have made a few thousand dollars coaching 11 year old baseball players since we last spoke. And not a single mom has said a cross word to me. How the fuck does that happen?

I got you all lathered up...Christ, that was easy.
BTW, I have forgotten more about the game of baseball than you'll ever know.

I got your number.
You will continue to hate me because you are liberal. And all libs know is hatred for all who are not indoctrinated.
If you do not see corruption, then you are just a follower.
Lois Lerner is TOAST. Eric Holder committed perjury when he lied to congress about Fast and Furious and the AP Spying scandal.
Lerner offers an opening statement then takes the Fifth? What's she hiding? Or better, who is she protecting? She is well within her right to not be a witness against herself, but she cannot invoke the 5th Amendment to protect others or to hide facts from Congress. She will be receiving another subpoena from Congress. She owes the country an explanation.
The country is not going to accept " I did not know" from Obama any longer.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back