Recount

Makes you miss Nixon's sense of decency and class, doesn't it?

Why would the votes in Wisconsin be recounted? If the figures come out differently they have to be counted again. And then again. Enough has to be enough, the election is over, USA isn't any little banana-republic.
Dear ErikViking
Until we move toward proportional or equal representation by party, neither major party is going to consent to mandates by the other.

Why not recognize and count all votes?
Let parties manage resources for their own members .

Why not include reps from all parties as we let States have reps in federal govt.

Why not a Parliament that allows people to assemble and petition for reforms by including reps from each party. And recognize their rights to fund programs under policies elected by their party members?

Why not include them all while holding them financially and legally responsible for their own citizen members similar to states in a union?

Why would the votes in Wisconsin be recounted? If the figures come out differently they have to be counted again. And then again. Enough has to be enough, the election is over, USA isn't any little banana-republic.
Dear ErikViking
Until we move toward proportional or equal representation by party, neither major party is going to consent to mandates by the other.

Why not include reps from all parties as we let States have reps in federal govt.

Why not a Parliament that allows people to assemble and petition for reforms by including reps from each party. And recognize their rights to fund programs under policies elected by their party members?

Why not include them all while holding them financially and legally responsible for their own citizen members similar to states in a union?
Haven't thought about it like that. Such changes, nevertheless, would take some time to legislate, meanwhile there is going to be as it is now.

I suppose the process can be improved upon, but the current uncertainty is quite frightening. With such an even spread and the low turnout it would seem a priority to work together from this point?

In four years there will be a new election.

Apparently all that hubbub from the media and Hillary's campaign about Trump respecting the election results didn't apply to them. What a surprise.

Hillary has nothing to do with this, but one has to admit its very suspicious and so close, its just "too good to be true" for Trump.

Dear ErikViking

Haven't thought about it like that. Such changes, nevertheless, would take some time to legislate, meanwhile there is going to be as it is now.

I suppose the process can be improved upon, but the current uncertainty is quite frightening. With such an even spread and the low turnout it would seem a priority to work together from this point?

Well I think crediting people for party votes and reps would dramatically increase participation.

CA wants to push secession right now.

What If states could allow taxpayers who believe in managing resources nationally to pay taxes into a system that allows that, while NOT affecting taxpayers or states that prefer to pay and keep taxes local.

If we could check options on tax forms which federal tracks we support, either maximum social spending or minimal federal and maximum to states, then we don't have to fight for one party to win to get their way. All people from all parties can get their way when voting for the party platform they agree to fund.

Thanks ErikViking
I hope we do work on improvements where we don't have to fight to dominate in order to have representation in govt. Members of Small parties deserve equal voice as members of dominant parties. Just like RI should be counted even though it's population is less than some cities in TX. We use a Senate system to make sure states rights are included. Why not a Senate system for parties to share ideas on state and national levels.

Last edited:
Apparently all that hubbub from the media and Hillary's campaign about Trump respecting the election results didn't apply to them. What a surprise.

Hillary has nothing to do with this, but one has to admit its very suspicious and so close, its just "too good to be true" for Trump.

You think Stein wants a recount because she thinks she won? LOL Really?

Dear ErikViking

Well I think crediting people for party votes and reps would dramatically increase participation.

What If states could allow taxpayers who believe in managing resources nationally to pay taxes into a system that allows that, while NOT affecting taxpayers or states that prefer to pay and keep taxes local.

If we could check options on tax forms which federal tracks we support, either maximum social spending or minimal federal and maximum to states, then we don't have to fight for one party to win to get their way. All people from all parties can get their way when voting for the party platform they agree to fund.

Thanks ErikViking
I hope we do work on improvements where we don't have to fight to dominate in order to have representation in govt. Members of Small parties deserve equal voice as members of dominant parties. Just like RI should be counted even though it's population is less than some cities in TX. We use a Senate system to make sure states rights are included. Why not a Senate system for parties to share ideas on state and national levels.

How long would it take to get things like that in place? It sounds like it's going to need a campaign of its own. But adapting is a sign of vitality. Interesting...!

Dear ErikViking

Thanks ErikViking

How long would it take to get things like that in place? It sounds like it's going to need a campaign of its own. But adapting is a sign of vitality. Interesting...!
With the rallying around Clinton, Greens, sanders and CA liberals protesting for representation we could convince Democrats and Green leaders to set this up informally now. Once it's developed it could be formally written up and become a party system that respects existing parties and merely facilitates between them and allows organizing resources in teams.

The lobbying that parties already do to reach Congress or state officials would still be done the same way.

But the content of proposed reforms would be more focused to represent teams of groups agreeing instead of scattered dissension or ideas with no cohesive solution.

I think CA can pull this off with TX greens, NY, libertarians.

We use the Internet and public radio to unite the groups left out of the loop
And create a new network.

NY CA TX have enough progressives and pull to lead the way, and others will follow.

Thanks for your interest and open mind about this ErikViking maybe a lot more good can come from this election where all sides win by getting involved

This is the dem game- keep counting and re-counting until they win. I KNEW they would do this. They telegraphed their intent when they demanded that Trump pass in advance on any possibility of a recount.

they're being recounted because the proportionate vote via mail in and absentee apparently was out of sync with voting machines.

i'm not expecting anything from it. but they should absolutely be looking at it. 2 million more americans voted against the orange fascist than for him. i'm pretty sure i don't understand why some winger's vote in idaho is worth 300 times what the votes of normal people are.

Dear ErikViking

........and the US Constitution allows for your unAmerican scheme just where?

Thanks ErikViking

they're being recounted because the proportionate vote via mail in and absentee apparently was out of sync with voting machines.

i'm not expecting anything from it. but they should absolutely be looking at it. 2 million more americans voted against the orange fascist than for him. i'm pretty sure i don't understand why some winger's vote in idaho is worth 300 times what the votes of normal people are.
Of course we would also need to subtract around 5 million votes for the demented hag cast by non-citizens and other forms of fraud.

i'm pretty sure i don't understand why some winger's vote in idaho is worth 300 times what the votes of normal people are.
Butthurt aside, how does this make a lick of sense? A "winger"in Idaho" is not normal or how the hell is it that it's 300 times your vote, assuming that you're not a winger in Idaho?

Are you the dingbat that claims to be a lawyer. I get my USMB dingbats confused sometimes.

Forum List

Back