Red flag laws

The next time a gun prohibitionist says we need red flag laws tell them all 50 states already have them
Really?

Then how was it that this nutjob had a gun...

Killed an 8 yr old boy...

He says he's been hearing voices for two years...and he's been in court for assorted craziness

Really?

Then how was it that this nutjob had a gun...

Killed an 8 yr old boy...

He says he's been hearing voices for two years...and he's been in court for assorted craziness
Every state already have red flag laws all 50.

The link is regarding involuntary committing someone who is mentally ill. It doesn't say anything about red flag laws or guns.

I think the point the OP is trying to make is that there's a process to send your family member to a mental institute if it appears that they're not mentally well. But this is deceiving in my opinion.

1) The people who are classified as mentally ill are typically not the kind of people who are shooting up schools and grocery stores.

2) Where does the money come from? The payment often comes from either the patient or the family of the patient and these costs can get very expensive. If the family doesn't have money, then they're less likely to commit their relative.

The link is regarding involuntary committing someone who is mentally ill. It doesn't say anything about red flag laws or guns.

I think the point the OP is trying to make is that there's a process to send your family member to a mental institute if it appears that they're not mentally well. But this is deceiving in my opinion.

1) The people who are classified as mentally ill are typically not the kind of people who are shooting up schools and grocery stores.

2) Where does the money come from? The payment often comes from either the patient or the family of the patient and these costs can get very expensive. If the family doesn't have money, then they're less likely to commit their relative.

And what is a red flag law,?

The next time a gun prohibitionist says we need red flag laws tell them all 50 states already have them
Good...I certainly plan on using them...as well as the FBI top line. See (or read) something...say something.

A law that allows someone’s weapons to be temporarily confiscated if there is reason to believe that they may be dangerous.

Only 19 states have something like this in place.
Well then if a person is being involuntary committed are they not being separated from their firearms. Which is the point of red flag laws.

Its lack of practicality.

Texas shooter came from poverty. Grandma isn’t likely to throw a bunch of money out to have him committed.
So the so called red flag laws don't involuntary committed a person? What good are they for? If you're a danger you should be committed. But thanks for pointing out that red flag laws are just about gun confiscation.and not safety.

So the so called red flag laws don't involuntary committed a person? What good are they for?
No, the red flag laws don't involuntary commit a person.

What good they're for is taking weapons out of the hands of someone who is potentially dangerous.

Not that complicated.

No, the red flag laws don't involuntary commit a person.

What good they're for is taking weapons out of the hands of someone who is potentially dangerous.

Not that complicated.
If you're a danger you should be committed. But thanks for pointing out that red flag laws are just about gun confiscation.and not safety.

Forum List

Back