Red Lobster suspends waitress after she was insulted with a racial slur

Notice how she slants her words upwards when she writes? Notice how his stay on the line? Do you deny that? Do you think it's an anomaly?

No I don't notice that. Yes I do deny it. Yes I noticed in his letter he stayed between the provided lines. I don't get your point in concluding she wrote the letter from that. I don't get how you conclude he is innocent from 1 handwriting sample where he probably was trying his best to write in a manner that would cause people to think he didn't write it. Again what makes your guess correct and mine incorrect?

Maybe because you're a racist who thinks he's a badass because he might have whipped a frightened white boy or two....here's some news for ya.....you ain't a badass and there are thousands of white boys who'd slap your eyebrows off so knock off the jive...you appear to be brighter than you let on....which makes me think you're probably white or mulatto.

Your assesment of me couldn't be farther off base. I'm not a racist nor a badass. I do find that most racist white boys are cowards so you are possibly right about the level of skill they had in actually backing up their tough talk. I'm amused that to you I appear brighter than I let on. I was unaware that I was trying to impress you or cared what you thought. I'm also amused you would think I was white or mulatto. What bearing would that have on how intelligent I am?

I am talking about the facts in this specific case. I think she was being stupid and had no criminal intent from what I have seen, but it is entirely possible there is something that proves she had criminal intent.
So, you have reason to believe she is not a scam artist. Did her posting of the receipt on line convince you that she was a woman of character?

It's simple. The customer says he wrote none and left. The waitress says he wrote "******" below "none" and then posted a photo of a customer's private financial information. This is about all we have with which to judge their characters.
Game set and match, customer.

After a lifetime of sensitivity training, the lesson I get from this is that if you have a Black waitress, you better tip her big, regardless of service.

I would have thought you would get that writing a racial slur on the receipt for a black female waitress to see was cowardly and wrong.

I don't get it, why give her the benefit of the doubt but not him? I know why I give him the benefit of the doubt, quite simply, the handwriting doesn't match.

To me its way more probable he did it than the elaborate scheme you would need to believe in order to think she was lying. Unless you are a handwriting expert any difference you may think you see in the "none" and the n word is irrelevant.

Look, apart from assigning blame and passing judgement (and again, absent a criminal offense or civil tort, I wonder how relevant THAT really is), the significant thing is that someone committed a hateful act. In that sense, it doesn't matter which one did it, or which race they belong to. It's been damn near fifty years since this nation committed itself to the idea of racial equality. Does it not bother all of you that after nearly a generation, we STILL have to wonder why someone would use a racial slur in that situation, or, alternatively, whether someone else would create a hoax accusing someone of doing so? Does it not also bother you, that the prevailing response here, has been to point fingers and cast blame at the other side of the divide, and/or the political opposition, or to try to decide what extralegal consequences should befall the party we think is at fault, instead of trying to find some constructive means of breaking the cycle of grievance and counter-grievance that leads to this in the first place? Or maybe you'd prefer that we just go on slapping at each other, retaliating at each other, and picking the scabs off each other's wounds for another fifty years? If any of you don't understand the futility of continuing to do that, I don't know what else to say to you. THe ultimate indictment of that mode of thinking and acting, is that IT DOESN'T WORK; NOT FOR BLACK PEOPLE, NOT FOR WHITE PEOPLE. I'm getting a little tired of the old excuse that "THEY do it, so WE have to!" NO, we DON'T, and it's about time that got said.

The nation never committed itself to this Civil Rights for the Uncivilized. The ruling class and its captive media forced that down our throats. So I'm not bothered at all by the inevitable reaction to a tyranny of an elite that turned loose a misfit minority on us.

I have serious doubts if a real discussion can be held. Todays society values the right to say what they want to say regardless of who they offend over being PC enough to find out the other sides view by asking polite questions. Most people feel that they have already made up their mind as to how "those people" are and nothing they hear will change that. In fact they violently oppose new information or exposure of known information as incorrect in order to hold onto their beliefs. Your post only pisses off people that dont have the humility or internal fortitude to admit when they are wrong.

I value my freedom more than I value your pretense at offense because I know that restricting freedom of speech that might offend you means people are not free to talk about religion or politicians. If you don't understand that, fuck off.

Thats great. I dont wish to infringe on your freedom of speech. Just dont be upset when I exercise mine in a like manner. Now that we have that settled are you looking for information or are you just venting what you feel? That way I know where you stand and wont get offended and you can do likewise.

I have serious doubts if a real discussion can be held. Todays society values the right to say what they want to say regardless of who they offend over being PC enough to find out the other sides view by asking polite questions. Most people feel that they have already made up their mind as to how "those people" are and nothing they hear will change that. In fact they violently oppose new information or exposure of known information as incorrect in order to hold onto their beliefs. Your post only pisses off people that dont have the humility or internal fortitude to admit when they are wrong.

Well, Asclepias, if it were easy, we'd have had that discussion a long, long time ago...but we haven't, so here we are. Against us is layer upon layer of mistrust, of ignorance, of violence and retribution; of so much that is the worst in any of us. Of all that though, it's the ignorance, and the fear born of it, that contributes most to keeping matters as they are. It's ignorance, that lets us see another person as a color, not an individual man or woman; that tells us it's ok to assume how another feels, rather than ask; that lets us think it's OK to slight others because "they hate me anyway, so they don't matter." It seems incomprehensible to those of us who have lived where we were more or less forced to interact with those on the other side of the black-white divide, but I'd bet there's a surprisingly high percentage of both blacks and whites who have never had a friend of "the other race"(and I wonder how many of those wouldn't even want to). It's a whole lot easier to dislike, stereotype, generalize and dehumanize someone we don't really know as an individual, than someone we do.

On top of that, there's an issue of socioeconomic class embedded in all this that is every bit as much an issue as skin color, if not more so. Aside from the resentment that can engender, there's the idea that economic (and social) advancement is a zero-sum game, in which one person's advancement can only come at someone else's expense. Whether that last is really true, most people seem to believe it is, and if most of us aren't very good with humility, or admitting we might have been wrong, we're even worse at self-sacrifice for someone else (especially someone else we don't even really know, and maybe even have a hard time identifying with).

So, I suppose there's an awful lot of grounds for thinking this is hopeless, but I've seen us get past even worse. I grew up in the segregated South, and I've seen attitudes change within my own lifetime. Is it perfect? Of course not, not even close, but I can tell you there's a level of acceptance unthinkable forty or fifty years ago. Most of it has happened one heart and mind at a time, and it has happened, in spite of those on both sides who didn't want it to, because most people most of the time really are basically decent, when they let themselves be, and really don't want to hurt someone else, so long as they aren't hurt in the process. That part gives me hope that one day, we'll eventually figure out that "being like me" doesn't necessarily mean "looking like me". I won't live to see it, but some of the younger folks might.

I agree with all your points. It wasn't until a young lady forced me to see the insanity of my beliefs when I was younger that I realized I was wrong in some of my previously held notions. I know the problem is extremely deep and complex with roots in economics, politics, and racism. Its sort of sad that people are afraid to talk about it face to face and only use message boards to vent.

I'm aware it has neither reached the trailer park, nor would it be understood if it did.

Du bist eine dumme Schlampe und ein douche... Fick dich selbst, Sheila

Putting it in German only makes you look stupid, not me. Grow up! When you result to insults and colorful language, it's obvious you've lost the debate, regardless of the language you use for your insults.

My reply wasn't addressed to you....

I think what you did was hilarious! She got what she had coming in my opinion....you smacked her on the exaxct level she was operating on and showed her that her racism would be answered in kind. Don't overthink this.....what you said doesn't make you a racist, just quick on the draw. :eusa_angel:

Thanks, but that wan't my point. I don't think that particular "retaliation in kind" was racist (at least, that was not my intent); and it may even have been justified (as you believe it was). The larger question, though, is what it accomplished. Obviously, my retort made me feel better at the moment; but beyond that, what did it do? Did it "teach her a lesson"? Yes, and that lesson was that a white man, even one who would take a moment to show her an act of courtesy and respect, would still refer to her race in a degrading manner, on a rather small provocation. I doubt that improved her perception; in her mind, all it did, was confirm the idea that "White people, even the apparently nicer ones, still despise me, because of the color of my skin; scratch the surface, and you'll see!" Now, what if I had simply said nothing? She might have gone away thinking, "I said that to one of THEM, and he didn't react; didn't even call me a name; and he DID open the door for me. Maybe SOME of THEM aren't as bad as I thought." At least the seed of doubt would have been planted. As it was, the decent act got lost in the hateful word, which was likely her only real memory of the encounter later. THAT represents a lost opportunity to open just one mind to possibilities it had not seen, and that's the point I was trying to make. There's nothing remarkable about meeting hate with hate; it's the refusal to do so, which is more likely to make someone think, and question previous assumptions.

Doesn't it make you feel good about yourself, proving what a pushover you wish you had been? In real life instead of in your nicey-nice fantasy, these predatory and always escalating whiners would have taken your silence as being intimidated. Your imaginary guilt-filled Oprah would have said to herself, "If I can get away with that, I can get away with something even nastier next time, maybe even shake Whitey down for some guilt money. And the Demcrats got my back."

Well, a lot of people think like that, and maybe, they think it works for them. I doubt it, though. To start with, the young woman in question was exactly ZERO threat to me, or anyone else. If I hadn't risen to the bait, that would have at least challenged her assumptions; whether it ultimately changed them, or not, and all it would have cost me, is a tiny bit of self-restraint. It's possible she was the sort of person who did that every day; there are plenty of them, both black and white. Or, she could have been an ordinarily nice individual, who had just come from an unpleasant encounter at the end of a frustrating day, and took it out on the next available person; that happens a lot , too. Whichever it was, I doubt what I said to her had any real effect in altering her future behavior; All I did, was act like she most probably expected me to. It was, after all, just a nasty word, and I don't see, looking back on it, that using it really "proved" much of anything.

No I don't notice that. Yes I do deny it. Yes I noticed in his letter he stayed between the provided lines. I don't get your point in concluding she wrote the letter from that. I don't get how you conclude he is innocent from 1 handwriting sample where he probably was trying his best to write in a manner that would cause people to think he didn't write it. Again what makes your guess correct and mine incorrect?

Maybe because you're a racist who thinks he's a badass because he might have whipped a frightened white boy or two....here's some news for ya.....you ain't a badass and there are thousands of white boys who'd slap your eyebrows off so knock off the jive...you appear to be brighter than you let on....which makes me think you're probably white or mulatto.

Your assesment of me couldn't be farther off base. I'm not a racist nor a badass. I do find that most racist white boys are cowards so you are possibly right about the level of skill they had in actually backing up their tough talk. I'm amused that to you I appear brighter than I let on. I was unaware that I was trying to impress you or cared what you thought. I'm also amused you would think I was white or mulatto. What bearing would that have on how intelligent I am?

All racists are cowards and now I doubt you ever been in a fight other than here behind the safety of your keyboard. I don't care what you pose as here.....I don't get a black vibe from your writing either so I'm confident I pegged you perfect. Your continued defense of the waitress in question is a racist attitude....you know she's a grifter same as the rest of us so there's nothing else to judge you by.

Most of the leftists here are racists...they're content to keep black families locked up in the projects instead of moving in next door. Racism in America is an industry fostered by democraps who talk the talk but do nothing to improve the black experience. The majority of us whites are disgusted what happened after Dr. king was murdered. Rap music and race pimps like Jesse and Al have destroyed his legacy and put more blacks in prisons and cemetaries then the Klan ever did. Now it's time for blacks to stand and deliver on all the benefits and breaks they've gotten from the white majority....we're done waiting for the payoff.

I value my freedom more than I value your pretense at offense because I know that restricting freedom of speech that might offend you means people are not free to talk about religion or politicians. If you don't understand that, fuck off.

Thats great. I dont wish to infringe on your freedom of speech. Just dont be upset when I exercise mine in a like manner. Now that we have that settled are you looking for information or are you just venting what you feel? That way I know where you stand and wont get offended and you can do likewise.

I have never, and will never, begrudge anyone what they say, even if they insult me, or my beliefs, in the process. I don't want a government that can tell people not to insult me, because it will turn around and tell me not to say something that others find insulting. I will, however, point out to you when you lump me in with people like tank, that I am not him.

Putting it in German only makes you look stupid, not me. Grow up! When you result to insults and colorful language, it's obvious you've lost the debate, regardless of the language you use for your insults.

My reply wasn't addressed to you....

So you ended it with ",Sheila" for no reason?

HOLY CRAP! I didn't think twice about that being YOUR name....Please accept my apology....
blush_zpseea8b0c2.png
I call male fairies "Sheila"......seriously.

I'm aware it has neither reached the trailer park, nor would it be understood if it did.

Du bist eine dumme Schlampe und ein douche... Fick dich selbst, Sheila

I'd agree with that, except that both the display of intellectual snobbery and the response to it are more amusing (and arguably a lot less poisonous), than some of the other "dialogue" in this thread.

Exactly. Also, while her actions violate the company's policy (and if I was a betting man, I'd place a significant wager on her being fired after the media attention dies down), this repeated claim that she committed a crime is laughable.

It is laughable to say that posting a person's credit card information online is illegal?

Whether the armchair attorneys believe it or not, Facebook is an accessory to mail fraud with this and is also in for a HUGE hit in a civil action. They best learn to moderate their members before a court sends them a message inside a subpoena.

Weird, since you're the one that ran into this thread making a series of legal claims.

It is laughable to say that posting a person's credit card information online is illegal?

Well, the initial claim was that she had committed forgery. It's already been shown that wasn't true. Now you're moving to "posting a person's credit card information online", which just isn't true.

No, the initial claim is that she posted private information online. That is true even if she didn't write the slur, but whoever did write the slur did commit forgery.

That rests of the assumption that he didn't write the slur (of which there is no evidence of, other than your belief of a mass conspiracy) and there was an intent to defraud. Even if you could show she wrote it, there is no evidence of intent to defraud.

Well, the initial claim was that she had committed forgery. It's already been shown that wasn't true. Now you're moving to "posting a person's credit card information online", which just isn't true.

No, the initial claim is that she posted private information online. That is true even if she didn't write the slur, but whoever did write the slur did commit forgery.

That rests of the assumption that he didn't write the slur (of which there is no evidence of, other than your belief of a mass conspiracy) and there was an intent to defraud. Even if you could show she wrote it, there is no evidence of intent to defraud.

No, it rests on the evidence that he didn't write the slur. Unlike you, I can tell the difference between an e that has three pen strokes and one that has 1.

Not that facts have ever stopped you from making a fool of yourself.

All racists are cowards and now I doubt you ever been in a fight other than here behind the safety of your keyboard. I don't care what you pose as here.....I don't get a black vibe from your writing either so I'm confident I pegged you perfect. Your continued defense of the waitress in question is a racist attitude....you know she's a grifter same as the rest of us so there's nothing else to judge you by.

Most of the leftists here are racists...they're content to keep black families locked up in the projects instead of moving in next door. Racism in America is an industry fostered by democraps who talk the talk but do nothing to improve the black experience. The majority of us whites are disgusted what happened after Dr. king was murdered. Rap music and race pimps like Jesse and Al have destroyed his legacy and put more blacks in prisons and cemetaries then the Klan ever did. Now it's time for blacks to stand and deliver on all the benefits and breaks they've gotten from the white majority....we're done waiting for the payoff.

I agree that racists are cowards. What does that make you when you doubt that I am Black because my writing doesn't have a black vibe? Would you prefer I use gangsta rap to convey my thoughts?

My fighting history is really a non issue unless you feel froggy. Thats not how I measure myself. I measure myself on my ability to be open minded and learn new things. I'm happy for you that you feel you have me pegged. Its amusing but hey whatever turns you on. Your thoughts on what happened after a racist put Dr King in the ground are based on shallow observations that dont begin to scratch the surface of the issue. Personally I dont really care what time you think it is. Until you show you are way more intelligent than how you sound i'm going to have to disregard what you say as uninformed prattle.

No, it rests on the evidence that he didn't write the slur. Unlike you, I can tell the difference between an e that has three pen strokes and one that has 1.

Not that facts have ever stopped you from making a fool of yourself.

Have any evidence he didn't write the slur? No. It's just based on your gut feeling that black people are out to get you.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back