Red Robin Eliminating buss boys

technology is replacing everyone

fear not, the left just knows everyone replaced by a machine can get a job fixing that machine.

the fact that it beats the purpose is not important to leftists.
Has nothing to do with technology. Read the article. Minimum wage elimination
Late Monday, casual dining chain Red Robin Gourmet Burgers (RRGB) announced that it would eliminate bus boys at 570 restaurant locations, a move that is expected to save the company an estimated $8 million over the course of the coming year. The company’s chief financial officer said the decision was made in order to “address the labor increases we’ve seen.”

this is going to be a trend

fewer people doing more work, like we told them would happen.

Who is going to clean and clear the tables?
not sure, but I'd say the server will clear and put everything into an automated machine.

fear not, the left just knows everyone replaced by a machine can get a job fixing that machine.

Late Monday, casual dining chain Red Robin Gourmet Burgers (RRGB) announced that it would eliminate bus boys at 570 restaurant locations, a move that is expected to save the company an estimated $8 million over the course of the coming year. The company’s chief financial officer said the decision was made in order to “address the labor increases we’ve seen.”

Bad news

The customer...

good news

they get to keep the tips

Trump hemorrhaging jobs

LOL. The leftists standard reply when faced with their own incompetence. Trump had nothing to do with the minimum wage increases. The minimum wage increases had everything to do with the job losses. Just another party parrot here.

They are doing the workers a favor....why work fast food to begin with? Walmart is paying 11 an hour now and you don't stink like grease

Bad news

The customer...

good news

Have to see how it works

I clear my own table at fast food restaurants but those are paper goods. With ceramic plates, glasses, table ware....am I expected to clean my own table?

I thought bus boys worked for tips. How much does getting rid of them save?

Well the left wins another minimum wage battle. Again the have successfully eliminated more jobs. You all are great!

Save 8 million.

Red Robin eliminates bussers as restaurants combat minimum wage hikes

Patrons ought to rebel. Think about it.

Now the waitress will bus her own tables. She will stick her hands into empty glasses that patrons just drank out of and onto dirty plates that they just ate off of. Then she will bring you your meal.

It will be like swapping spit with the previous customer.

The irony is, restaurants don't pay their employees. They give waitresses a couple of dollars an hour and expect the patrons to pick up the rest via tips.

Thanks for the story. I'll give our local Red Robin's something to dwell on: another empty seat. I won't eat there if they had rather lay people off than pay them.

Bad news

The customer...

good news

Have to see how it works

I clear my own table at fast food restaurants but those are paper goods. With ceramic plates, glasses, table ware....am I expected to clean my own table?

from the link; $8 million in first year

Bad news

The customer...

good news

Have to see how it works

Just think since they are making a living wage now they won't get tips. Lol another group of people that won't be voting Democrat. My first real job was a bag boy, and I made 4 to 5 times more in tips than on my paycheck. Democrats screwing another group of people out of money, so they feel better.

Don't the robins do that?

Smart move on the part of management in the light of the recent 7-11 raids.

If people weren't too lazy to clean up after themselves in the first place, bus people wouldn't be needed anyways.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

At least the waiters and waitresses will keep more of their hard earned money. You know the tips that many don't declare and don't pay taxes on..

Sadly for some years now, taxes are assessed by the tickets not by money actually collected. A dinner might cost $150.00, There will be a tax of 15% on that money the server will be taxed on 10% of $150.00 whether or not there was a tip at all. The remaining 5% tip will be added to the support staff, bussers and dishwashers. The taxable income of everyone is raised. Whether or not there was a tip. The upside is, if someone leaves a tip of 20% of the bill, the tax will still be on 15%. It is supposed to even out for those who leave less than 15% or leave no tip at all.

Next time you go out for a meal look at your receipt. There will be a name or a number assigned to your server. This is so the restaurant computers can separate out all the receipts for that server and provide a 4137 form reporting taxes on tips.

There is no more tips being free money.

If people weren't too lazy to clean up after themselves in the first place, bus people wouldn't be needed anyways.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Actually the OP's title doesn't say "bus boys" -- it says "buss boys". And a buss is a kiss.

Must be some wild stuff going on in these here Red Robins..... :dunno:

Forum List

Back