Red Robin Eliminating buss boys

The irony is, restaurants don't pay their employees. They give waitresses a couple of dollars an hour and expect the patrons to pick up the rest via tips.

Thanks for the story. I'll give our local Red Robin's something to dwell on: another empty seat. I won't eat there if they had rather lay people off than pay them.
Not all waiters/waitresses are paid at Federal minimum wage of $2.13 per hour. Each state is different, in CA they make actual wages and
state minimum wage of $10.50 to $11 per hour plus tips. California Tipped Employee Minimum Wage 2018 - Minimum-Wage.org

So obviously restaurants do pay their employees with the variance being depending on which state they are in.

An America LAST policy
Let’s play a game...
Who are your top 5 favorite Tech CEO heros?
All of my heroes shed their blood for this nation, communist
I asked you a question and I expect an answer because I'm going to rip your answer to shreds.
I don’t have tech heroes. Do you, princess?
You're a Liberal and all of your Tech Globalist, Open Borders Heroes live on H1-Bs.
Funny, that’s how Mar-a-Lago lives

It doesnt appear to be a particularly well run business. Their cost of sales doesnt look well managed and last year a $34m amount appeared under "other costs" for the first time.
Cost of sales should reduce as the business grows and it hasnt in this case.

It looks like their staff are paying the cost of bad management.

What the company is risking is pissing off its customers and remaining staff by reducing its headcount. Hospitality is all about getting the service right.
What it will all come down to is level of service

If customers sit down to dirty tables, have to wait excessively for a waitress, can't get a check because waitresses are busy cleaning tables

They will go elsewhere
Its not difficult is it ?
If I was a waitress there I would also expect a pay rise to cover my extra duties.
Who do you think tipped bus boys? Will the waiters and waitresses now be saving that money and doing the job themselves. How do you figure they are extra duties when It is part of their job description?

Let’s play a game...
Who are your top 5 favorite Tech CEO heros?
I asked you a question and I expect an answer because I'm going to rip your answer to shreds.
You're a Liberal and all of your Tech Globalist, Open Borders Heroes live on H1-Bs.
Tell me when Trump testified to Congress about the incompetence of Americans the way your Tech Gods do all the time.

Well the left wins another minimum wage battle. Again the have successfully eliminated more jobs. You all are great!

Save 8 million.

Red Robin eliminates bussers as restaurants combat minimum wage hikes
Is it still politically correct to say bus boys?

I don't ever think I have seen a female bus boy now that you mention it. I also don't recall seeing one that wasn't foreign. That's discrimination!

Those illegal aliens need to go back home and let hard working high school girls have their jobs!

Tell me when Trump testified to Congress about the incompetence of Americans the way your Tech Gods do all the time.
He said on national television that he could murder someone in the middle of 5th avenue, and you retards would still vote for him.

He said on national television that he could murder someone in the middle of 5th avenue, and you retards would still vote for him.
Trump never testified to Congress that anyone not from Indian is incompetent in every scientific and engineering field.

(Deleted Attack on Family)

Last edited by a moderator:
It doesnt appear to be a particularly well run business. Their cost of sales doesnt look well managed and last year a $34m amount appeared under "other costs" for the first time.

What the company is risking is pissing off its customers and remaining staff by reducing its headcount. Hospitality is all about getting the service right.

If customers sit down to dirty tables, have to wait excessively for a waitress, can't get a check because waitresses are busy cleaning tables

They will go elsewhere
If I was a waitress there I would also expect a pay rise to cover my extra duties.
Who do you think tipped bus boys? Will the waiters and waitresses now be saving that money and doing the job themselves. How do you figure they are extra duties when It is part of their job description?
Hmm, having worked in restaurants many years ago Its never easy when you expect people to take on extra work for no extra cash. Thats just human nature.

They will go elsewhere
Hmm, having worked in restaurants many years ago Its never easy when you expect people to take on extra work for no extra cash. Thats just human nature.
Waiters and waitresses have tables as their job description, whether they are waiting on them or clearing them. Bus boys were there to help and got tipped by the waiters and waitresses for clearing their tables, now they can keep that tip money and do it themselves just like they use to. No additional job duties. SHRUG

If people weren't too lazy to clean up after themselves in the first place, bus people wouldn't be needed anyways.

God bless you always!!!

Holly
Do you want to carry your dirty plates, glasses, silverware to the kitchen and then wipe down the table?
It wouldn't bother me, but then again, I never make much of a mess in the first place and so it wouldn't be so much to ask to begin with.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

They will go elsewhere
Waiters and waitresses have tables as their job description, whether they are waiting on them or clearing them. Bus boys were there to help and got tipped by the waiters and waitresses for clearing their tables, now they can keep that tip money and do it themselves just like they use to. No additional job duties. SHRUG
Hard enough to get a waitress when you need one

Double her responsibilities and service will go down

Will my tip?

They will go elsewhere

Will my tip?
They have more waiters and waitresses per shift now, smaller sections, easy to deal with, and with kiosks on the table you don't even need a waiter until they bring you your food.

Tip what you feel its worth. SHRUG

Will my tip?
They have more waiters and waitresses per shift now, smaller sections, easy to deal with, and with kiosks on the table you don't even need a waiter until they bring you your food.

I spoke to our waiter tonight at another chain restaurant. The company was bought out by a larger company and they fired all bus boys but one per shift. That means they now have to bus their own tables about 90% of the time.

The company was still taking 15% of their tips until all of the waiters threatened to quit because the bus boy was making far more than they were and doing far less work! 20 of the wait staff, giving 15% of their tips, meant he was getting about three times as much total in tips as they were getting.

Will my tip?

Why not just have the menu tablet alert me when my meal is ready and I can pick it up myself?
I can also swipe my credit card on the tablet and I don't need a waitress at all

Just saved 20% on a tip

Well the left wins another minimum wage battle. Again the have successfully eliminated more jobs. You all are great!

Save 8 million.

Red Robin eliminates bussers as restaurants combat minimum wage hikes

This probably one of the most ridiculous business decisions I ever heard.
1. How many buss boys in a restaurant at and given shift? 30 or 3.
2. That supposed to save $8 millions?
3. Who would do their job? The waiters?
Your beef is with Red Robin then.

Will my tip?

Why not just have the menu tablet alert me when my meal is ready and I can pick it up myself?
I can also swipe my credit card on the tablet and I don't need a waitress at all

Just saved 20% on a tip
Go to a cafeteria and get your tray, have the cook serve you directly. Now you don't even need to leave a tip. SHRUG

Forum List

Back