Red scare of the 1950's, today we have the racist scare

It's not a scare..... it's a joke. The only similar scary part is like we saw with the bakers who did not want to do a wedding cake design with a same-sex couple and the state went after their business. What was even more scary is that the same mindset has no problem with other religions or non religions refusing service out of personal beliefs. For instance, a Muslim cab driver can refuse to drive passengers if they have pork or alcohol products in their packages.

It's not a scare..... it's a joke. The only similar scary part is like we saw with the bakers who did not want to do a wedding cake design with a same-sex couple and the state went after their business. What was even more scary is that the same mindset has no problem with other religions or non religions refusing service out of personal beliefs. For instance, a Muslim cab driver can refuse to drive passengers if they have pork or alcohol products in their packages.
Would you argue that all businesses should be able to discriminate or that none should?

Would you argue that all businesses should be able to discriminate or that none should?

I'm arguing for consistent interpretation and application. What are you arguing for?

Who's discriminating? A gay marriage isn't a marriage by any stretch of the imagination. Why would you be forced to make anything for some ceremony that doesn't exist.

I'm arguing for consistent interpretation and application. What are you arguing for?
What consistency are you arguing for? All businesses to discriminate or not?

I'd say no discrimination in business. Pretty simple

Who's discriminating? A gay marriage isn't a marriage by any stretch of the imagination. Why would you be forced to make anything for some ceremony that doesn't exist.
Why do you care what they are celebrating? They just want a cake. Make them a cake if you own a cake shop. If I wanted to by my goldfish a birthday cake on a day that wasn't his birthday am I not allowed to by the cake? I don't see what the big deal is

Same.... but I already pointed out otherwise.

Usually when you compare something to something else you draw parallels, this guy did not. It merely degenerated into a general attack on PC culture and practically nothing was said about this rather sudden rise of neo-nazi/neo-confederate hate groups wanting a place at the political table in America. People have despised these groups for a very long time so harsh visceral reactions to them is nothing new. What is new is Nazi scum thinking they have gained some popular support and they may be right judging by the apologists they have on this board. This shit is not going to fly, not as long as I draw breath.

Same.... but I already pointed out otherwise.
So your saying that you don't think the baker should discriminate right? I thought you were arguing otherwise. My bad

Usually when you compare something to something else you draw parallels, this guy did not. It merely degenerated into a general attack on PC culture and practically nothing was said about this rather sudden rise of neo-nazi/neo-confederate hate groups wanting a place at the political table in America. People have despised these groups for a very long time so harsh visceral reactions to them is nothing new. What is new is Nazi scum thinking they have gained some popular support and they may be right judging by the apologists they have on this board. This shit is not going to fly, not as long as I draw breath.

I'll tell you what won't fly, and that is referring to people on the right as Nazis, racists and deplorables. The more people you on the left piss off, the more success we Republicans will have like the Trump election.

Ever since this racist crap became the new leftist talking point, you lost over 1,000 political seats since DumBama first won the White House. Now that you only have around one-third of governorships and lost the Senate and Congress, you still didn't learn anything, and that's good for us.

You'll never have anything in politics by insulting large groups of people. You can keep trying, but you will only end up with what you have today, and that is nothing.

Why do you care what they are celebrating? They just want a cake. Make them a cake if you own a cake shop. If I wanted to by my goldfish a birthday cake on a day that wasn't his birthday am I not allowed to by the cake? I don't see what the big deal is

So what you're saying is that if the KKK is having a rally in your town, and they go to a black baker and tell him to make them a KKK cake, he should be forced to make one?

Amendment I. Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof

And some of them refused to pick up customers if they had a pet with them--including seeing eye dogs.

So what you're saying is that if the KKK is having a rally in your town, and they go to a black baker and tell him to make them a KKK cake, he should be forced to make one?
yeah, as long as they are not being threatening, aggressive or insulting to the baker. Any business owner has the right to institute a code of conduct/etiquette for their business and can refuse business if they are disrespected or the rules are broken. But if the rules are not broken then they shouldn't be able discriminate by refusing service because of somebody's race, religion, sex, orientation, or even political views.... Do you think that black baker should be allowed to discriminate?

Last edited:

I'll tell you what won't fly, and that is referring to people on the right as Nazis, racists and deplorables. The more people you on the left piss off, the more success we Republicans will have like the Trump election.

Ever since this racist crap became the new leftist talking point, you lost over 1,000 political seats since DumBama first won the White House. Now that you only have around one-third of governorships and lost the Senate and Congress, you still didn't learn anything, and that's good for us.

You'll never have anything in politics by insulting large groups of people. You can keep trying, but you will only end up with what you have today, and that is nothing.
It's quite telling you that you cannot take two seconds out of your diatribe to actually condemn the scumbags goosestepping around our public spaces. It's really easy to avoid being identified as a racist, quit sticking up for them. Racists deserve ridicule and resistance. If you identify so closely with these people that you feel insulted when someone says mean things about them then that is your problem. Racism is not a valid argument in America, I'll be damned if I'll treat it as such.

Amendment I. Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof
Were you trying to answer my question? Cause that statement had nothing to do with what I asked... Want to try again?

Forum List

Back