Redskins to Whiteskins

"Redskin" is a derogatory term used to identify an entire group of people by the erroneous color of their skin during a much more racially insensitive era in the US...the American/Indian wars. What if the owner wanted to call the team "Yellowskins" to reference asians? Would that be any better?

Personally I don't really care, but if I was Native American I might concur the offensiveness of the term.

Most Native Americans don't give a shit.
In fact the Seminole Indians of Florida not only gave their permission to Florida State, they provide one of their own as the mascot.

It's political nonsense from a extremist minority.

If the Redskins change their name, I will never ever refer to their new name.
As far as the Whiteskins? It sounds pretty stupid but I'm ok with it otherwise. I'm not ashamed of my skin.

So if the owner wanted to change the name to "Fighting Kikes" you'd be okay with that?
I wouldn't give a fuck what you call any team - I'm a "white cracker" ! My father watched the redskins as a boy (he was borne in 1919 ) when they were the Boston Redskins. All this insensativity is crap - if the name was too offensive the free market would punish it.

The indians lost - this world is a hurtful place, tuff shit. You don't like the name, don't support the team. It is not what someone calls you, it is what you are that matters :eusa_boohoo:

So you admit it is an offensive racial term used to demean Native Americans during and after they got their ass kicked and put on reservations?

BTW I can see why you have an israeli flag in your avi since what white europeans did to the native americans is exactly what israel is doing to the palis in the levant.

No it seemed pretty clear he was saying I don't give a shit. And quit being butt hurt about something that happened 150 years ago. How about focusing your energy on something in the here and now that actually matters.

Lets change the name of the Washington Redskins football team the Whiteskins, to show white people what racism feels like.

there is an all native basketball team called the fighting whiteys..there mascott is a ward cleaver looking fellow in a suite with a pipe
whities2.jpg

Lets get rid of as many things we can that remind us of the Indians

Indians are way overrated anyways

Forum List

Back