Reducing the steel industries emissions

I just dont see the electrodes using solar energy to get it hot enough. Maybe coffee but not steel.

Keep in mind that panels generate a DC current and making steel requires an AC current, and a high current, 60 Hz inverter driven at about 90% capacity is likely to lose around 15-20% power in the DC-AC conversion, making an even greater demand on the panels.

Then keep in mind that a typical transformer driving an electric furnace for melting steel is around 60 million volt-amps. Assuming a supply of 600 volts, wouldn't that still take about 100,000 amps? And that is just one furnace, a small part of the total load of a steel mill.

I want to see a solar panel supply that!

The company I retired from is already using solar energy to power it's steel plant in Pueblo, Colorado.
you are filthy fucking liar, nowhere in that video does it state they make steel with hydrogen! It is all in the future, like when there are no more polar bears, no arctic ice, and all the coastal cities like Manhattan are under water, hahhahahhahahah.

Your company does not produce steel with solar power and nobody makes steel with hydrogen. Most likely never will.

Nice video of an idiot splaining to morons

Solar Panels dont power a foundry, a steel plant, whatever you care to call it. At best they have a tough time keeping the lights on. And that is a fact, debating anything else is simply an argument for fools.

...we can't change the climate ......Bidumb/etc is fking over America with ''''''''clean'''''' energy bullshit
You are the dumb ass. Solar and wind are now the least expensive form of energy, cheaper than coal or gas, far, far cheaper than nuclear;
1635114324923.png

Solar Panels dont power a foundry, a steel plant, whatever you care to call it. At best they have a tough time keeping the lights on. And that is a fact, debating anything else is simply an argument for fools.
Still intent on demonstrating to the world that Mrs. Elekta is really stupid, eh?

"In 2020, net solar power generation in the United States reached its highest point yet at 90,891 million kilowatt hours of solar thermal and photovoltaic (PV) power."

On that site you will see a classic exponential curve for the growth of solar in the US.

you are filthy fucking liar, nowhere in that video does it state they make steel with hydrogen! It is all in the future, like when there are no more polar bears, no arctic ice, and all the coastal cities like Manhattan are under water, hahhahahhahahah.

Your company does not produce steel with solar power and nobody makes steel with hydrogen. Most likely never will.

Nice video of an idiot splaining to morons
LOL Apparently you not only cannot read, have no science in your education, and you are deaf to boot. Minute 1:30 to 1:40.

Keep in mind that panels generate a DC current and making steel requires an AC current, and a high current, 60 Hz inverter driven at about 90% capacity is likely to lose around 15-20% power in the DC-AC conversion, making an even greater demand on the panels.

Then keep in mind that a typical transformer driving an electric furnace for melting steel is around 60 million volt-amps. Assuming a supply of 600 volts, wouldn't that still take about 100,000 amps? And that is just one furnace, a small part of the total load of a steel mill.

I want to see a solar panel supply that!
It is already doing that, you flap yapping fool.
Colorado steel mill is now largely powered by solar, among the first in the world

It is already doing that, you flap yapping fool.

Then it must be a pretty small one, purpose built to run off solar power.

Whoops, I take that back! Not only does it take the states largest panel farm to power it, but one of the first things they say is that the solar panels do not entirely meet its needs! :auiqs.jpg:

LOL Apparently you not only cannot read, have no science in your education, and you are deaf to boot. Minute 1:30 to 1:40.
I read, it saw it, heard it? What was shipped? How much of what was shipped? The video says so little that it says nothing.

Did they ship hy-80, hss, hy-100, an inconel, was it stainless? Pig iron? Sponge steel?

When is the next shipment? Was it a 100 tons? What was the cost?

Tell me the technical details, go ahead.

Still intent on demonstrating to the world that Mrs. Elekta is really stupid, eh?

"In 2020, net solar power generation in the United States reached its highest point yet at 90,891 million kilowatt hours of solar thermal and photovoltaic (PV) power."

On that site you will see a classic exponential curve for the growth of solar in the US.
so, that is installed power, not the power delivered. At best you get 20 million kilowatts?

Of course, we can go with your higher number, of installed capacity. Which is nothing compared to one nuclear power plant that produces 32 million megawatt hours.

Megawatts, that is much bigger than a kilo watt? And that is one nuclear plant compared to all solar installed in the USA!!!!!!!

All installed solar does not equal a burp in one nuclear power plant.

Such a silly-ass thread..........

People like Old Rocks want to go back to candlelight and Little Rascals-type juice can telephones.

The problem is, only a few thousand people are in support of that. I mean...........d0y.

Human racism is ghey

108173.jpg

Forum List

Back