Registering Poor Voters Is ‘Un-American’

From post # one:

What about veterans who served their country in time or war, and who are now mentally disabled due to injury or emotional trauma? Should they be denied the right to vote as well?

That is the plan.

historically republicans win elections when fewer people vote.

Post a link in which it says the vote will be denied to disabled veterans.

when you make IDs a requirement of voting homeless people get denied the right to vote.

People who move freqently will be denied the vote.

Are you unaware of how many vets are in these situations in this country?

Your "dirt poor" parents weren't required to provide photo ID at the polls. Republicans have been passing and trying to pass some of the most restrictive voter ID laws in our history.

Here are some actual studies of these voter ID laws:

Study Links Voter ID Rules to Non-Voting

Policy Brief on Voter Identification

and for the "fiscally conservative"...

Voter ID laws carry hefty price tag for cash-strapped states

And for what?

In 5-Year Effort, Scant Evidence of Voter Fraud

Bullshit they didn't.

The first time I voted, I lived in Eugene Oregon and had to not only provide ID, it had to be current, have my current address on it, and if it didn't I had to provide something that had my current address on it. I had to take my ID AND my light bill.

I don't think she was talking about today. She was trying one of the "I used to walk miles in the snow to school" stories about how her dirt poor parents managed to vote despite being poor (I'm guessing in response to actual STUDIES that show how these super restrictive voter ID laws disenfranchise the poor and students). When her dirt poor parents managed to vote, despite being poor (although, obviously not black), states did NOT have these restrictive ID laws in place...like this one:
One of the most restrictive laws requiring voter IDs was passed in South Carolina. To obtain the free state ID now required to vote, the 178,000 South Carolinians who currently lack one must pay for a passport or a birth certificate.
Look for many, many court challenges to these voter ID laws...especially since the SCOTUS left the door open with it's ruling on Indiana's law. As justice Stevens noted:
the new identification requirement may have imposed a special burden on their right to vote.
You are disenfranchising more voters than you are combating actual voter fraud. You are more likely to be struck by lightening than to encounter actual voter fraud.

I first voted 30 years ago.

And bullshit to the rest.

That is the plan.

when you make IDs a requirement of voting homeless people get denied the right to vote.

Yes, I am. I am also aware that you cannot assume that they all have no ID. I have no doubt I've worked with more indigent people than you have and you simply cannot assume they have no ID. Many of them actually have plenty of ID and get checks which they pick up at the post office.

And FYI, not all vets who are disabled are homeless. MOST of them are living at home or with relatives, in VA nursing homes, or VA boarding homes.

Your assumptions based upon lack of knowledge are gargantuan!

From post # one:

"It is profoundly antisocial and un-American to empower the nonproductive segments of the population

What about veterans who served their country in time or war, and who are now mentally disabled due to injury or emotional trauma? Should they be denied the right to vote as well?
No. THEY put thier lives on the line. THEY are citizens. It should be automatic.

Being rich and/or poor and voting is a right; a duty; and a privilege. What's Un-American is seeking out those who are so uninterested in voting that as adults they don't register freely...and instead only do so, when they are told that their welfare, is about to be taken away from them unless they register and vote on the democrats ticket. That is what the author, who was speciously referenced in the OP, was getting at.

Here's an interesting article

That is the plan.

Homeless people are a treasure trove to dems! They're almost as valuable as dead people...one homeless person can vote 10, 11 times...with a different name EACH TIME! Give them a pack of ciggies and a coupon for mcdonald's and they're happy as clams!

Another great voting bloc...

NURSING HOME RESIDENTS!

Tell them if they don't vote for their fave dem, they'll be out on the street...kaching!

From post # one:

"It is profoundly antisocial and un-American to empower the nonproductive segments of the population

No. THEY put thier lives on the line. THEY are citizens. It should be automatic.

Exactly. But TM thinks they are soon going to be denied the vote:

From post # one:

That is the plan.

No one is trying to deny the vote to disabled veterans. And she is loath to prove they are.

Homeless people are a treasure trove to dems! They're almost as valuable as dead people...one homeless person can vote 10, 11 times...with a different name EACH TIME! Give them a pack of ciggies and a coupon for mcdonald's and they're happy as clams!

Please post a link to validate your statement.

Another great voting bloc...

NURSING HOME RESIDENTS!

Tell them if they don't vote for their fave dem, they'll be out on the street...kaching!

So people who do not live in their own homes should not be allowed to vote? WTF? :confused:

You guys are fucking idiots.

"
In Miami, seven former ACORN voter registration canvassers were convicted of "false swearing-in an election," and sentenced to probation and community service and banned from participating in future political campaigns, according to court documents.
In Pennsylvania, six of seven former ACORN workers who were charged in an investigation were convicted of unsworn falsification and interference with election officials. Four have reached a plea agreement on reduced charges and will serve two years of probation. Cases against two others who entered pleas to reduced charges are pending.
Charges against the seventh, Eric Jordan, are not being prosecuted because Jordan has pleaded guilty to much more serious charges, including aggravated assault, resisting arrest and carrying firearms without a license.
In Milwaukee, three former ACORN workers have been convicted of election fraud.
Last week, Kevin Clancy was sentenced to 10 months in prison for his role in submitting falsified voter registration forms before the 2008 election. Clancy will start his sentence once he finishes another sentence he is currently serving for armed robbery.
Clancy's co-worker, Maria Miles, who pleaded guilty to election fraud in August, will be sentenced on Dec. 6.
In September, Frank Walton pleaded guilty to submitting 54 fake voter registrations during the 2008 presidential campaign. He faces up to 42 months in prison and a $10,000 fine when he's sentenced Dec. 6.
In Washington state, Kendra Lynn Thill was convicted in March of voter registration fraud in the 2006 midterm election. In Nevada, a former ACORN supervisor pleaded the equivalent of a no-contest in a case alleging that canvassers were illegally paid to register voters during the 2008 campaign. But while Amy Busefink's plea acknowledges the state had evidence for a conviction at trial, her lawyer said she still plans to challenge the constitutionality of the state law prohibiting paying canvassers based on the number of voter registration forms they turn in.

Employees of the organization...just like I said. So should the Army be disbanded for this:

Ex-Soldier Convicted Twice of Eastburn Triple Murder Appeals Again

Military man charged in deaths of two women

Army Private Ordered to Stand Trial in Rape of Half-Sister

Not exactly.

This is systemic abuse of the system that is fostered by Acorn.

The person heading up Project Vote pled NO CONTEST to conspiracy to commit voter fraud...and she's Obama's right hand go-to person for votes. If that's not an endorsement of voter fraud I don't know what is.

That's not exactly crime among the ranks, moron.

Also, the Army prosecutes its criminals.

Acorn gives them promotions and pays their fines.

It was hardly "systematic abuse" nor was it fostered by ACORN. Are they guilty of a bad business practice of paying by volume? Absolutely...but NOT guilty of any "systematic abuse" by the organization.

The company, in case after case, did the right thing and turned in the employee that was actually committing the fraud. How are they culpable for the actions of their employees? How is the military not equally culpable for the actions of its employees?A third of the women in the military are raped by their co-workers. Let's disband the military...

Really?

Who turned in Amy? She pled no contest. And she got a promotion! Woo hoo!

Time, money and stupidity are wasted on these efforts to combat the non-existent "voter fraud" that isn't occurring in state after state...but little or nothing is being done to combat ELECTION fraud.

A number of states don't require a paper trail on their electronic voting machines. How is a voter supposed to verify that their vote was recorded correctly and that it can be verified in a manual count?

A number of states don't require a post election audit of the votes cast on electronic voting machines. How are you supposed to know that the machines are reading even the paper ballots correctly if there is no manual audit?

There are places where a SINGLE registrar can store the votes for her county on a single personal computer.

Where are these fraud laws?

link

Ohio's early voting laws allow voters to register and vote on the same day. This has given birth to even more voter fraud, including the voting of individuals who are not even residents of the state and ACORN-registered voters registering to vote multiple times (one admitted and subsequently testified to having registered 70 times or more for money and cigarettes given to him by ACORN).

Time, money and stupidity are wasted on these efforts to combat the non-existent "voter fraud" that isn't occurring in state after state...but little or nothing is being done to combat ELECTION fraud.

A number of states don't require a paper trail on their electronic voting machines. How is a voter supposed to verify that their vote was recorded correctly and that it can be verified in a manual count?

A number of states don't require a post election audit of the votes cast on electronic voting machines. How are you supposed to know that the machines are reading even the paper ballots correctly if there is no manual audit?

There are places where a SINGLE registrar can store the votes for her county on a single personal computer.

Where are these fraud laws?

Non-existent?

Liar. Are you a felon?

Really?

Who turned in Amy? She pled no contest. And she got a promotion! Woo hoo!

Sounds kind of like Kathy Nickolaus, who got immunity from criminal prosecution for her testimony against a group she was in...and then got to be County Clerk in Wisconsin.

Wow, isn't "immunity" pretty much the exact opposite of "conviction"?

Are you also for felons working in child welfare, I wonder?

link

Ohio's early voting laws allow voters to register and vote on the same day. This has given birth to even more voter fraud, including the voting of individuals who are not even residents of the state and ACORN-registered voters registering to vote multiple times (one admitted and subsequently testified to having registered 70 times or more for money and cigarettes given to him by ACORN).

From your link:

And you can provide the name of this one as well as when and where he was prosecuted?

Forum List

Back