Regret Your Vote Yet?

What were the alternatives again?

Funny you should ask.

The alternative was a man of courage, a hero who shut down his business to help a colleague search for a missing child, a man with proven successful executive and business experience.
Just what the nation needed.....

Hard to believe any dolts voted for the windbag in the White House, huh?

Man, I guess I just didn't know McCain's history.

Of course that business experience would have been useless in government since they serve opposing interests.
Just what we'd need - an even wider DC revolving door.

So as always --- lesser of two evils. Gotta love "choice". Gotta love the illusion anyway, since that's as close as we ever get.
I guess you don't, Possum.

So the President is supposed to stop everything and mourn? Where is the precedent for that?
Nope.

But he should quite probably avoid flippant and pleasure-seeking activity, a metaphorical 10 seconds after making such a somber announcement.

Right-Wingers care much more about style than substance. Ronald Reagan & George W. Bush are proof.

I didn't vote for Obama, so I have nothing to regret.

No but I sure regret the 14 seconds spent reading that last post...
Obviously you didn't absorb it because you just skimmed over it.

That's because I only have a life expectancy of 105. If I want to spend it reading War and Peace I'll go with the original.

One thing I'll say for Stuporgirl -- I do get longwinded but she makes me look downright succinct. I've seen shorter major-city telephone books.

I voted for Huntsman in the primary. I knew it wasn't going to happen but I don't regret it at all. I do regret that the act had no power except to make a drop-in-the-bucket statement.

Think of what the world would be like if President Reagan hadn't make international terrorism and accepted military tactic for radical extremist and disgruntled religious nuts. He changed the strategy of never negotiating with terrorist and that boring Israel solution of hunting them down no matter where they tried to hide and killing them a thing of the past. How many terrorist organizations would we have been deprived of experiencing if not for President Reagan's skill at helping them grow and give birth to even newer more exciting terrorist groups?

Really?

Why?

You did not find that an interesting story? One where hundreds of Americans got together to find a missing teenager?

Really? You considered hearing (reading) that story as a waste of time?

Do you claim to be non partisan? I bet you do. And you just proved you aren't.

I voted for Huntsman in the primary. I knew it wasn't going to happen but I don't regret it at all. I do regret that the act had no power except to make a drop-in-the-bucket statement.

Sadly, many of our votes don't mean anything anymore.

Given Dem control of CA, my votes are mainly symbolic.

Really?

Why?

You did not find that an interesting story? One where hundreds of Americans got together to find a missing teenager?

Reeeeeallly -- time management is "partisan" now?

Want to know how many Tim Horton'ses are in Bangor?
No, I don't think a bullshit feelgood missing persons PR story has jack shit to do with politics. Call me crazy. And the fact that some media outhouse took the time to "fact check" such a PR tale speaks volumes about our electoral values. Or lack thereof.

Last edited:
Really?

Why?

cuz Romney didn't do something special or gracious

he did what any normal good hearted human being would do, and had the resources to do it at full capacity

what do you suppose a normal person woulda done?

"naw, we cant help you and by the way, youre fired if you miss work looking for your missing daughter too."

man, is the bar that low these days?

not in my circles. family and close friends ALL kick ass.

I don't think I've ever regretted a general election vote, because I knew what the alternatives were before I went in there (if I don't know, I don't vote). What I regret is that the system gives me a choice of green or turquoise out of the entire color spectrum, so to speak, since we're limited to two party (singular intentional) whose real-world differences are effectively nonexistent.

When given a chance and if he/she is strong enough I'll vote for a third party -- just to upset that system. Again, a drop in the bucket. Whattayagonnado.

I don't think I've ever regretted a general election vote, because I knew what the alternatives were before I went in there (if I don't know, I don't vote). What I regret is that the system gives me a choice of green or turquoise out of the entire color spectrum, so to speak, since we're limited to two party (singular intentional) whose real-world differences are effectively nonexistent.

When given a chance and if he/she is strong enough I'll vote for a third party -- just to upset that system. Again, a drop in the bucket. Whattayagonnado.

Well, for one thing, we can speak out against the Free Speech restrictions that Harry Reid is promoting....

So the President is supposed to stop everything and mourn? Where is the precedent for that?
Nope.

But he should quite probably avoid flippant and pleasure-seeking activity, a metaphorical 10 seconds after making such a somber announcement.

Right-Wingers care much more about style than substance. Ronald Reagan & George W. Bush are proof.

You say this when just yesterday Obama talks about how the "optics" didn't look good???????????

Well, for one thing, we can speak out against the Free Speech restrictions that Harry Reid is promoting....

Can you point me to that? Just a keyword oughta do, thanks. :)

I live in DC and am a registered Republican. That's worse than CA.

Can you point me to that? Just a keyword oughta do, thanks. :)
You can't link to a hallucination.

Forum List

Back