Reid Changing Filibuster Rules

Stop w/ the hyperbole. It merely allows them to get an up or down vote LATER ON in the process instead of being mired down in rw filibusters for months/years

Sent from my BNTV600 using Tapatalk 4

There is no hyperbole. If democrats did this to judicial nominations, you can safely assume they would attempt to push the boundaries further, say to actual legislation.

They are trying to pack the DC Circuit because there are several lawsuits challenging Obama hellcare.

Case in point. Chain reaction. Like a true nuclear reaction, one event leads to the next, and to the next, and so on. Until it encompasses everything.

The primer is set. If America has the heart for a civil war, the catalyst is surely there

-Geaux

I just wonder which flag you guys will be carrying because it's a sure bet it won't be the American flag.

So, it will either be the Confederate flag or perhaps the Don't Tread On Me flag.

Which begs the following questions:

Why is it that the people who always talk reverentially about the US Constitution are always trying to change it?

And why is it that conservatives who are always talking about how they love America are always threatening secession?

I see I was right to put that rw red state retard on ignore 3+ months ago.

We're just enduring the conservatives version of Hammer Time by MC Hammer. It's called Tantrum Time. They ALWAYS throw a fit when they can't (or don't) get their way. That penchant has led them into the anti-compromising wilderness where they stake out an extreme position with the intention of getting all or nothing. Then, when they get nothing, (which, after all, IS one of the two options) they have a fit.

This administration has re-written the rules as applied to legislation on many levels. Obama feels he is above the Constitution for which is deplorable. He is desperate for a power grab as his clock is ticking. After this act I am now saying it would not surprise me if he tried to pull a 3rd term. He is that evil.

JMHO

-Geaux

So what happens when both sides of Congress go republican, what do democrats do then? They have no moral ground to stand on.

Stop w/ the hyperbole. It merely allows them to get an up or down vote LATER ON in the process instead of being mired down in rw filibusters for months/years

Sent from my BNTV600 using Tapatalk 4

There is no hyperbole. If democrats did this to judicial nominations, you can safely assume they would attempt to push the boundaries further, say to actual legislation.

They are trying to pack the DC Circuit because there are several lawsuits challenging Obama hellcare.

You are such a liar.

So what happens when both sides of Congress go republican, what do democrats do then? They have no moral ground to stand on.

How many times are you all going to use this argument? No moral ground? You all should be used to that with your Teaparty leadership and all. Democrats will just look back at what you guys are doing now and then do the opposite.

Harry Reid basically said that he thinks that Democrats will always be in the majority.

So I think he and the Democrats will do anything short of murder to make sure that happens.

Last edited:

You are such a liar.

ahhh no, you're uninformed...

November 01, 2013, 12:17 pm
Court strikes down birth control mandate

Court strikes down birth control mandate | TheHill

they have several other related OC cases they are working on currently as well....

This administration has re-written the rules as applied to legislation on many levels. Obama feels he is above the Constitution for which is deplorable. He is desperate for a power grab as his clock is ticking. After this act I am now saying it would not surprise me if he tried to pull a 3rd term. He is that evil.

JMHO

-Geaux

Your post reminds me of what I used to hear quite a few conservatives say in the late 90s. They were afraid that Clinton was going to declare Marshal Law, then suspend elections so he could stay in office.

How many times are you all going to use this argument? No moral ground? You all should be used to that with your Teaparty leadership and all. Democrats will just look back at what you guys are doing now and then do the opposite.

What's the point? That's what they are doing now which is why they are so screwed.

-Geaux

No, the democrats are going down a road that when the GOP gets power, the Dems are screwed and can't say shit about it. What goes around, comes around.

You are such a liar.

ahhh no, you're uninformed...

November 01, 2013, 12:17 pm
Court strikes down birth control mandate

Court strikes down birth control mandate | TheHill

they have several other related OC cases they are working on currently as well....

Which court struck down the employer penalties in states which didn't set up their own exchanges?

Edit: Not sure if it was struck down or if the court just agreed to hear it.

Last edited:

JMHO

-Geaux

Your post reminds me of what I used to hear quite a few conservatives say in the late 90s. They were afraid that Clinton was going to declare Marshal Law, then suspend elections so he could stay in office.

Reminds me of what democrats said was going to happen when Bush was in office.

JMHO

-Geaux

Obama wouldn't make a boil on Clintons arse. I hear what you're saying though. Clinton knew how to walk the center of the aisle. Obama however feels he is above that.

-Geaux

Last edited:

No, the democrats are going down a road that when the GOP gets power, the Dems are screwed and can't say shit about it. What goes around, comes around.

And I said this has been the standard R argument. It isn't as if Democrats didn't think of it before the nuclear option. They said they asked themselves this question already and the answer is still yes, they feel confident they are doing the right thing.

JMHO

-Geaux

Reminds me of what democrats said was going to happen when Bush was in office.

I've never heard liberals or Democrats say anything like that.

Forum List

Back