Reid Changing Filibuster Rules

Harry Reid did this so that they can get activist Judges in the D. C. court.

The counter by Repubs should be, if they get the Senate in 2014 and keep the House, is to write legislation that would bring up Judges to a review board when they make their own laws like they are doing now and then can get fired for doing that.

The problem with this is President Obama would veto it.
So they would have to do this when they would get a Repub President maybe in 2016.
Not a fan of the constitution, are you?

I am very much so a fan of the constitution.
The Constitution is for 3 branches of government that are separate and Judges making their own law is unconstitutional, the congress is suppose to do that.
Judges are suppose to Judge on laws passed by congress. Not make their own laws.

sucks to be you ... you know nothing about the law or the constitution:lol::lol::lol: you argued over mandate law where you were told
The mandate has something called the "shared responsibility payment" which Congress labelled a penalty.
The two arguments proposed by the Government were ruled valid or invalid. Neither of those two were a "mandate" argument. you chose to deny this becausue it would show you didn't know law ...

Last edited:

The Constitution is for 3 branches of government that are separate and Judges making their own law is unconstitutional, the congress is suppose to do that.
Judges are suppose to Judge on laws passed by congress. Not make their own laws.

Since you won't name the "activist judges" whose nominations are being held up (like that woman who served under Bush II), can you name the laws they are "making"?

wytchey, I don't think you are really that dumb. Activist judges set precedents with their rulings, effectively making law from the bench. But you knew that, why not be truthful?

The counter by Repubs should be, if they get the Senate in 2014 and keep the House, is to write legislation that would bring up Judges to a review board when they make their own laws like they are doing now and then can get fired for doing that.

So they would have to do this when they would get a Repub President maybe in 2016.

So name them. Which "activist judges" have been being held up?

Comelia Pillard
Patricia Millett
Robert Wilkins

sucks to be you ... you know nothing about the law or the constitution:lol::lol::lol:

Your answer proves that you don't know the law or the constitution. :lol:

Since you won't name the "activist judges" whose nominations are being held up (like that woman who served under Bush II), can you name the laws they are "making"?

crickets chirping frogs croaking creeks babbling and so is peach ...

crickets chirping frogs croaking creeks babbling and so is peach ...

see post #1243 ya flaming idiot.:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

sucks to be you ... you know nothing about the law or the constitution:lol::lol::lol:now for the rest of my quote

you argued over mandate law where you were told
The mandate has something called the "shared responsibility payment" which Congress labelled a penalty.
The two arguments proposed by the Government were ruled valid or invalid. Neither of those two were a "mandate" argument. you chose to deny this becausue it would show you didn't know law ...
there thats much better now>>>

Your answer proves that you don't know the law or the constitution. :lol:

like always out of context you repub-lie-tards love to take it out of context here I'll help ya

sucks to be you ... you know nothing about the law or the constitution:lol::lol::lol: you argued over mandate law where you were told

Where did I argue over the mandate?
Are you talking about the ACA?
Supreme Court has ruled mandates unconstitutional. Judge Roberts changed that mandate passed by congress to a tax in the ACA. That is what activist Judges do.

It is easy

All Republicans have to do is take the House and Senate and win the White House. Then they can make all the rules they want

That is what the Democrats had to do

So name them. Which "activist judges" have been being held up?

Comelia Pillard
Patricia Millett
Robert Wilkins

What makes them "activist"?

wytchey, I don't think you are really that dumb. Activist judges set precedents with their rulings, effectively making law from the bench. But you knew that, why not be truthful?

Name them and name the laws, Fishy. Come on, give me some light reading this morning.

Where did I argue over the mandate?
Are you talking about the ACA?
Supreme Court has ruled mandates unconstitutional. Judge Roberts changed that mandate passed by congress to a tax in the ACA. That is what activist Judges do.

what I posted was his ruling ... I could be wrong about you arguing it ... it was about a week ago ... I thought it was you

Name them and name the laws, Fishy. Come on, give me some light reading this morning.

almost any ruling coming out of the 9th circuit.

See what I bolded. You haven't really thought this through, have you?

Forum List

Back