Reid: We will force gun control vote

Dont Taz Me Bro

Diamond Member
Staff member
Senior USMB Moderator
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 17, 2009
Las Vegas, Nevada
Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid said Democrats will "force a vote" soon on legislation to ban people on the terror watch list from purchasing guns and explosives.

I guess Harry isn't aware that denying rights on the basis of secret lists without due process is unconstitutional.

I think that being placed on a terror watch list should be the same process as an arrest warrant. A LE agent or officer presents facts to a judge in an affidavit. If the judge sees fit...it's approved. Make it appealable.

Allowing the EXECUTIVE BRANCH (law enforcement) to make lists of people they deem dangerous is one thing...allowing that list to be denied rights based solely on being placed on that list is another.

There must be checks and balances.

Executive branch (LE) should present facts on each person to a judge (appointed by legislative branch) to have the person listed.

Otherwise....it's allowing the government (police) to say "You can't buy a gun because we say so". Slippery slope there.

Librats desire gun control so they can be good little brainwashed Nazis snitching for the gov on their neighbors.

slide_12.jpg

Buy now in bulk. :laugh:

Already did. I buy when it's low. Not high.

I bought a WASR-10 AK style rifle for about $300 in 2007 brand new. I've been offered as much as $2800 for it. They retail much less...but everyone is sold out.

I have plenty of weapons. And...I kinda wanna visit Rio...and wanna fly first class. Hmmm. Maybe I'll sell.

It would be unconstitutional, a waste of time and effort but it will give the lefties a warm and fuzzy
Right. Why waste time and effort on this when their time and effort could be better spent trying to repeal Obamacare for the umpteenth time.

:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

Last edited:
Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid said Democrats will "force a vote" soon on legislation to ban people on the terror watch list from purchasing guns and explosives.

I guess Harry isn't aware that denying rights on the basis of secret lists without due process is unconstitutional.

I almost hope the shit passes so that the democrats can get bitch slapped when it's struck down.

I think that being placed on a terror watch list should be the same process as an arrest warrant. A LE agent or officer presents facts to a judge in an affidavit. If the judge sees fit...it's approved. Make it appealable.

Allowing the EXECUTIVE BRANCH (law enforcement) to make lists of people they deem dangerous is one thing...allowing that list to be denied rights based solely on being placed on that list is another.

There must be checks and balances.

Executive branch (LE) should present facts on each person to a judge (appointed by legislative branch) to have the person listed.

Otherwise....it's allowing the government (police) to say "You can't buy a gun because we say so". Slippery slope there.
That thinking is no doubt what prevented the FBI from doing anything about Mateen. You advocate protecting YOUR rights but not a fellow American's rights. Doesn't work that way.

I almost hope the shit passes so that the democrats can get bitch slapped when it's struck down.

What makes you so sure it would be struck down? The courts stopped representing the people and began representing the government decades ago. They have let a lot of things slip through for the "common good" even though it didn't technically pass the Constitutional test. The judiciary is as corrupt as the rest of the government.

It would be unconstitutional, a waste of time and effort but it will give the lefties a warm and fuzzy

Did you by any chance miss the fact that the SENATE MAJORITY LEADER - A REPUBLICAN stated that he is OPEN to further firearms restrictions because of the events in Orlando?!?!?!?!

Last edited:

What makes you so sure it would be struck down? The courts stopped representing the people and began representing the government decades ago. They have let a lot of things slip through for the "common good" even though it didn't technically pass the Constitutional test. The judiciary is as corrupt as the rest of the government.

Exactly. And if Hillary wins you better find a place in the backyard to bury your firearms.

The "Watch List" needs to be fixed (or a total overhaul performed) before it should be used to deny someone's guaranteed Constitutional Rights.

Cons are cowards . They don't want a vote because the they would have to make an official stand .

Forum List

Back