Relative costs

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras
I have been in ill health for nearly two years now. The main reason I waste so much time on here. Anyway, before Christmas I had a below knee leg amputation and have been recovering at home since then.

I was in hospital for a week.. The operation was on day 1 and I had about 6 days recovering. There was no charge for that. They send a psychiatrist round to see that you are in good spirits as well. NO Charge. She was a real charmer and took me to the shop to buy an ice cream. I wanted a Solero but they only had Feasts so I had one of them. The Psych bought it for me. No charge.

A day after my Op the Occy Health came round and measured me up. A day later they delivered my customised wheelchair. No charge.

For the next few days the Physios came round every day and I practised using the chair,getting in and out, taking bits off and putting them back.

After a week my wife came and took me home. It was great to be back. The day after that the support services turned up with a ramp so that I could get out of the front door. They also adjusted the TV height for me so that I could watch it in comfort. No charge.

After a month or so recuperating and seeing my wound heal I got my first physio appointment. Ive been going 2 or 3 times a week since then. No charge.

Two weeks ago I was told that my swelling had gone down and I could be measured up for a prosthetic. No Charge.

On Tuesday I got my new leg and started the process of getting to walk again. Ive been booked in for physio until I dont need it any more. Its hard work with a Physio who thinks Prince was over rated.

Throughout this I have been on a cocktail of drugs . No charge.

I have also been given custom insoles to put in my shoes to ensure I am walking on the level. They also gave me a pair of shoes with "special features" to help me be comfortable as I learn to walk again. No charge.

In a month or so I hope to be walking around and a few months after that I expect to be back in work.

I think that I have been well looked after throughout all of this and I only have one real complaint.

They have also sent me a leaflet explaining how I can claim my new car using my motability allowance. Its a government scheme. I cant drive my car any more without some adjustments so I might as well have a new one. No charge.

I am guessing that all of this would have cost me a tidy some in the US ?

I have been in ill health for nearly two years now. The main reason I waste so much time on here. Anyway, before Christmas I had a below knee leg amputation and have been recovering at home since then.

I was in hospital for a week.. The operation was on day 1 and I had about 6 days recovering. There was no charge for that. They send a psychiatrist round to see that you are in good spirits as well. NO Charge. She was a real charmer and took me to the shop to buy an ice cream. I wanted a Solero but they only had Feasts so I had one of them. The Psych bought it for me. No charge.

A day after my Op the Occy Health came round and measured me up. A day later they delivered my customised wheelchair. No charge.

For the next few days the Physios came round every day and I practised using the chair,getting in and out, taking bits off and putting them back.

After a week my wife came and took me home. It was great to be back. The day after that the support services turned up with a ramp so that I could get out of the front door. They also adjusted the TV height for me so that I could watch it in comfort. No charge.

After a month or so recuperating and seeing my wound heal I got my first physio appointment. Ive been going 2 or 3 times a week since then. No charge.

Two weeks ago I was told that my swelling had gone down and I could be measured up for a prosthetic. No Charge.

On Tuesday I got my new leg and started the process of getting to walk again. Ive been booked in for physio until I dont need it any more. Its hard work with a Physio who thinks Prince was over rated.

I have also been given custom insoles to put in my shoes to ensure I am walking on the level. They also gave me a pair of shoes with "special features" to help me be comfortable as I learn to walk again. No charge.

In a month or so I hope to be walking around and a few months after that I expect to be back in work.

I think that I have been well looked after throughout all of this and I only have one real complaint.

They have also sent me a leaflet explaining how I can claim my new car using my motability allowance. Its a government scheme. I cant drive my car any more without some adjustments so I might as well have a new one. No charge.

That sucks for all the people who had to pay for your poor life choices.

what do you call a one legged man in a butt kicking contest??

All insurance policies work like that. You do understand that dont you ?

No charge, to you, today.

How much was stolen from you, in the form of taxes and inflated costs, over the course of your working life (making a big leap of faith here, I know) to obtain all that "free" medical care?
I barely noticed. But I am proud to pay it so that my neighbours get healthcare.

How much was stolen from you, in the form of taxes and inflated costs, over the course of your working life (making a big leap of faith here, I know) to obtain all that "free" medical care?
I barely noticed. But I am proud to pay it so that my neighbours get healthcare.
You "barely noticed" because you never ever had a paycheck with full pay against which to compare, or you're a lifetime parasite.

You "barely noticed" because you never ever had a paycheck with full pay against which to compare, or you're a lifetime parasite.
I know that you think you are a funny guy. But you could try and contribute to the thread rather than expose your idiocy.

I would imagine that all of this would cost me around 6 figures in the US.

I know that you think you are a funny guy. But you could try and contribute to the thread rather than expose your idiocy.

guys are getting their dicks cut off and its almost free,,,

I stated fact.....The only people who "barely notice" more than half of their rightful earnings are either lying, blissfully stupid that they're being fleeced, or lifer hangers-on....Which are you?

I stated fact.....The only people who "barely notice" more than half of their rightful earnings are either lying, blissfully stupid that they're being fleeced, or lifer hangers-on....Which are you?
I dont fit into any of your brain dead categories. I get a great deal for my tax payments as you can see.Your taxes go to buy bombs not help people. Who is the sucker ? You.

Yes, I do, and it's people like you who make the rest of us pay more because you can't run your own life responsibly.

I dont fit into any of your brain dead categories. I get a great deal for my tax payments as you can see.Your taxes go to buy bombs not help people. Who is the sucker ? You.
You're either a net loser of your life's income or a net drain on the system...There is no other option....My money is that you're a career parasite, quite possibly a bureaucrat.

In any event, that "you barely noticed" the massive tax burden that you fool Euros endure is exactly what I said: you have absolutely no frame of reference, in that you've never received the full fruits of your labor without the greedy hand of The State getting its hooks into it first....You "barely noticed" in the same way that Murican black slaves "barely noticed" that they were forcibly kept illiterate.

That you're a happy little slave is immaterial to the fact that you are a slave.

Yes, I do, and it's people like you who make the rest of us pay more because you can't run your own life responsibly.
You dont know anything about me you stupid fuck.

That is true. You fit well into your own brain dead category.

Here is some advice. You are the stupid f___.....no charge.

Just by what you've posted I can tell you're a leech on society. Your shitty life choices cost your fellow countrymen their hard-earned money, while you sponged up resources that could have helped more deserving people.

Just by what you've posted I can tell you're a leech on society. Your shitty life choices cost your fellow countrymen their hard-earned money, while you sponged up resources that could have helped more deserving people.
He is a proud leech though....

Most Americans would have a similar experience to yours, but the poor and uninsured would not.

Most Americans would have a similar experience to yours, but the poor and uninsured would not.
I have just found out that I get a "free" car as well. There is a scheme called Motability which provides sick folk with a new car to enable them to get around. You get a mobility allowance to help you travel and they take some of that and you get a car in exchange.

Dont tell any of your mates on here though. They are likely to combust.

Forum List

Back