Religion: The clear and present danger of our time

Anybody who seriously claims Christian churches didn't have anything to do with the civil rights marches is either completely ignorant or lying; there is no middle ground.

If you look at the great social movements of American politics, not only the movement that led to the founding, which was driven in part by the First Great Awakening, but the movements that led to the temperance movement, the suffragette movement, the civil rights movement, the anti-slavery movement, there were not only waves of religious revival that often preceded and sometimes accompanied these movements, but the arguments in favor of these causes were made in explicitly religious terms…If you were to subtract the influence of Christianity from the west, what would be left? If you were to subtract it from America, no founding; no Declaration of Independence; no anti-slavery movement; no civil rights movement.

Dinesh D'Souza
what percent of white America participated in the civil rights movement a 1 percent?

Given the demographics in those days, it would have been pretty much impossible for a large percentage of whites to not have been supportive of the movement, but don't let that keep you from sniveling about anything.
seriously you watch Bible thumpers are going to take credit for gay equality bet

the same way bible thumpers now say they've always been pro science they've never been anti-science effing liars

the same way bible thumpers now say they've always been pro science they've never been anti-science effing liars
obviously liberals are the ones who are anti-science.....anthropomorphic global warming.......embryos are not human.......life crawls spontaneously out of mud puddles.......its amazing the silly things you profess to believe......

Anybody who seriously claims Christian churches didn't have anything to do with the civil rights marches is either completely ignorant or lying; there is no middle ground.

If you look at the great social movements of American politics, not only the movement that led to the founding, which was driven in part by the First Great Awakening, but the movements that led to the temperance movement, the suffragette movement, the civil rights movement, the anti-slavery movement, there were not only waves of religious revival that often preceded and sometimes accompanied these movements, but the arguments in favor of these causes were made in explicitly religious terms…If you were to subtract the influence of Christianity from the west, what would be left? If you were to subtract it from America, no founding; no Declaration of Independence; no anti-slavery movement; no civil rights movement.

Dinesh D'Souza
what percent of white America participated in the civil rights movement a 1 percent?
how many people would have had to march to Selma if 1% of Americans had participated?.......

Dinesh D'Souza

Given the demographics in those days, it would have been pretty much impossible for a large percentage of whites to not have been supportive of the movement, but don't let that keep you from sniveling about anything.
how did we end up with slavery in the first place I thought America was founded by Christians

America is a christian nation

Tell your friends.
the other day my father got mad at me and said I was stupid if I didn't think something created us I said is that all he believes anything else he wants to tell me? am I going to hell if I don't believe that? he said no to all of those things so then I said that it doesn't matter what I believe does it?

I kept trying to explain to him that he is coming up with an answer or solution to a question based on ignorance maybe there is a creator but you can't prove it so don't say anyone who does not believe is stupid
and yet, we all know you ARE stupid....so we can't really disagree with him.......

Dinesh D'Souza
how many people would have had to march to Selma if 1% of Americans had participated?.......
millions. so in reality not even one percent marched in selma.

obviously liberals are the ones who are anti-science.....anthropomorphic global warming.......embryos are not human.......life crawls spontaneously out of mud puddles.......its amazing the silly things you profess to believe......
you religious people have to realize we don't believe anything not with 100% certainty anyways evolution sounds like the best theory to me you have a better one The Big Bang Theory sounds pretty good to me do you have a better theory C that's why what we believe isnt our faith because it's not that evolution is something we worship and believe it's absolutely 100 percent fact so I think its funny when people like you or my dad think we're stupid because of our theories because when you think about it your theory of God is even stupider

It's much simpler to believe that your polytheistic gawds magically poofed everything into existence a mere 6,000 years ago. It's amazing what you YEC'ists / Flat Earthers believe.

It's much simpler to believe that your polytheistic gawds magically poofed everything into existence a mere 6,000 years ago. It's amazing what you YEC'ists / Flat Earthers believe.
and clearly they were not winning the argument that we've been having for thousands of years because at some point they must have gotten frustrated and Moses came down from the mountain claiming that he talked to God because before that all they knew is that there's no way they could imagine all this was created without God. if their arguments were strong they would have never had to have lied and said God visited them

crawled spontaneously out of mud puddles? what is your theory? if you don't like sciences theory let's hear yours.

and what reasoning do they use to come up with her conclusions? as to why we believe evolution it's not a quick simple answer as to where we came from it takes lots of evidence and research investigation etc. religious people simply fill in the blank for what they do not know and say must be God. it might be but they certainly don't have enough evidence to prove it to us. yet they want us to believe or have faith that they are right even though their evidence is shaky at best

at what point in history did the debate go from some people believed there must be a god and some didn't to the ones who believe there must be a god telling the ones who don't that they will go to hell for not believing. Why did they start that shit? why can't it be just a healthy open debate?

I am completely open to the possibility that there is a creator I just won't be bullied into believing it gilded into believing it I need to be convinced. What is so wrong with that? Why is disbelief bad in anyway?

Dinesh D'Souza

how did we end up with slavery in the first place I thought America was founded by Christians

It came with the Europeans, and was also already here; the natives liked slavery as well, long before they saw us. Do you make many posts about the evuls of slavery in Africa, or anywhere else, or just the few years the U.S. had slaves in part of the country? Can we plan on more of these shifts from one 'point' to the next, as if it means something?

Dinesh D'Souza

think of yourselves back during the civil rights movement similar to how you are now with gay peopl. are you going to say 20 or 30 years from now that it would have been impossible for gays to achieve equality if it weren't for you Christians? unbelievable

More idiotic responses. You're just throwing out strawmen now, having no rebuttals. Neither has Hollie; she just keeps prattling off the usual non-responses as well, unable to refute the obvious.

Dinesh D'Souza

It came with the Europeans, and was also already here; the natives liked slavery as well, long before they saw us. Do you make many posts about the evuls of slavery in Africa, or anywhere else, or just the few years the U.S. had slaves in part of the country? Can we plan on more of these shifts from one 'point' to the next, as if it means something?

"European" means in this case "England and Arabia", I guess, because in Europe no one had slaves as far as I know. Not even in England slavery was allowed. Slaves were an article of commerce of the colonialism.

Last edited:

Dinesh D'Souza

"European" means in this case "England and Arabia", I guess, because in Europe no one had slaves as far as I know. Not even in England slavery was allowed. Slaves were an article of commerce of the colonialism.]

lol ... You're seriously saying those colonies weren't European colonies??? So, where is France, England, the Netherlands, Spain, Portugal? On Mars? The natives had slaves before the Europeans got near here. Why ignore them? And, Europe had slavery in the past, as did every other region on the planet. The British Isles were a major source of slaves right up into the early middle ages. Italian merchants were still freeing slaves in their wills up to at least the 14th century. there is no record of Europeans refusing to trade in goods produced by slaves.

Dinesh D'Souza

think of yourselves back during the civil rights movement similar to how you are now with gay peopl. are you going to say 20 or 30 years from now that it would have been impossible for gays to achieve equality if it weren't for you Christians? unbelievable

More idiotic responses. You're just throwing out strawmen now, having no rebuttals. Neither has Hollie; she just keeps prattling off the usual non-responses as well, unable to refute the obvious.
Oh, you poor dear. I gave you a lengthy rebuttal to your ill considered and poorly configured argument and you shuffled off with your hurt feelings and wounded self esteem.

Dinesh D'Souza

Oh, you poor dear. I gave you a lengthy rebuttal to your ill considered and poorly configured argument and you shuffled off with your hurt feelings and wounded self esteem.

I didn't see anything but a lot of babbling and deflections. You couldn't possibly wound anybody, and you never had an argument, just an incoherent rant of some sort. As usual, it's the dumbest tards who think being ignored is a sign of winning something or other.

I am completely open to the possibility that there is a creator I]

I would say this is a good joke for someone, who speaks normally as if he would be a black atheist and racist.

just won't be bullied into believing it gilded into believing it I need to be convinced. What is so wrong with that? Why is disbelief bad in anyway?

"Disbelief" is not existing - this is wrong with this expesssion. And bad is it that the most atheist are not able really to recognize that their belief is only a belief. They think they know what others are only believing.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back