Religion: The clear and present danger of our time

what percent of white America participated in the civil rights movement a 1 percent?

Given the demographics in those days, it would have been pretty much impossible for a large percentage of whites to not have been supportive of the movement, but don't let that keep you from sniveling about anything.
think of yourselves back during the civil rights movement similar to how you are now with gay peopl. are you going to say 20 or 30 years from now that it would have been impossible for gays to achieve equality if it weren't for you Christians? unbelievable

More idiotic responses. You're just throwing out strawmen now, having no rebuttals. Neither has Hollie; she just keeps prattling off the usual non-responses as well, unable to refute the obvious.
Oh, you poor dear. I gave you a lengthy rebuttal to your ill considered and poorly configured argument and you shuffled off with your hurt feelings and wounded self esteem.

I didn't see anything but a lot of babbling and deflections. You couldn't possibly wound anybody, and you never had an argument, just an incoherent rant of some sort. As usual, it's the dumbest tards who think being ignored is a sign of winning something or other.
Oh my, but your wounded ego is being announced. I've found the best way to deal with blowhards is to confront them with a legitimate argument defining the failure of their their own. They typically retreat to juvenile name-calling, just as you do.

what percent of white America participated in the civil rights movement a 1 percent?

Given the demographics in those days, it would have been pretty much impossible for a large percentage of whites to not have been supportive of the movement, but don't let that keep you from sniveling about anything.
how did we end up with slavery in the first place I thought America was founded by Christians

It came with the Europeans, and was also already here; the natives liked slavery as well, long before they saw us. Do you make many posts about the evuls of slavery in Africa, or anywhere else, or just the few years the U.S. had slaves in part of the country? Can we plan on more of these shifts from one 'point' to the next, as if it means something?

"European" means in this case "England and Arabia", I guess, because in Europe no one had slaves as far as I know. Not even in England slavery was allowed. Slaves were an article of commerce of the colonialism.]

lol ... You're seriously saying those colonies weren't European colonies???

What did you not understand? More concrete: The Arabs caught Africans and England sold this slaves in America.

So, where is France, England, the Netherlands, Spain, Portugal? On Mars?

Good question.

The natives had slaves before the Europeans got near here.

Never heard something about.

Why ignore them?

Hmm - do you think blacks had not black slaves in Africa?

And, Europe had slavery in the past,

Not in Germany in this form of slavery as far as I know. We had not equal rights in the past - but everyone had rights.

as did every other region on the planet. The British Isles were a major source of slaves right up into the early middle ages.

Where? When? On what reason?

Italian merchants were still freeing slaves in their wills up to at least the 14th century.

Astonishing. An effect of the crusades maybe. But did you really say merchants were freeing slaves? Unbelievable. What had happened there concrete?

there is no record of Europeans refusing to trade in goods produced by slaves.

The world is not a bigger USA and the USA not a little world. I would say american businessmen have indeed a slaveholder mentality. We can see this for example in the way why and how General Motors closed the factory of Opel in Bochum or what Amazon is doing with their workers here in Germany.

Last edited:
What did you not understand? More concrete: The Arabs caught Africans and England sold this slaves in America.

So, the English bought slaves from Arabs, and not Africans along the western coast? You should alert the historians; most aren't aware of this new information.

Good question.

So you agree those nations were indeed engaging in slavery.

Never heard something about.[/quote]

Well then, that means it isn't true, I guess ...

Why ignore them?

It's becoming apparent your English isn't that good, and you're not sure what you're reading. That's why it's stupid to run around slinging ad homs based on your poor reading of English.

Not in Germany in this form of slavery as far as I know. We had not equal rights in the past - but everyone had rights.

Of course they did.

as did every other region on the planet. The British Isles were a major source of slaves right up into the early middle ages.

War captives, pirates, voluntarily sold themselves to give money to their families, all the usual reasons; they were part of the Roman empire, and their slave trade continued right up to at least the 7th century.

Italian merchants were still freeing slaves in their wills up to at least the 14th century.

Astonishing. An effect of the crusades maybe. But did you really say merchants were freeing slaves? Unbelievable. What had happened there concrete?[/quote]

I'll find a couple. Merchant of Prato comes to mind first; it's a biography of one of the wool trading businesses in the 14th century.

The world is not a bigger USA and the USA not a little world. I would say american businessmen have indeed a slaveholder mentality. We can see this for example in the way why and how General Motors closed the factory of Opel in Bochum or what Amazon is doing with their workers here in Germany.[/quote]

Doesn't answer anything; no European country every boycotted cotton or dyes from America, all slave produced goods.

Anybody who seriously claims Christian churches didn't have anything to do with the civil rights marches is either completely ignorant or lying; there is no middle ground.

If you look at the great social movements of American politics, not only the movement that led to the founding, which was driven in part by the First Great Awakening, but the movements that led to the temperance movement, the suffragette movement, the civil rights movement, the anti-slavery movement, there were not only waves of religious revival that often preceded and sometimes accompanied these movements, but the arguments in favor of these causes were made in explicitly religious terms…If you were to subtract the influence of Christianity from the west, what would be left? If you were to subtract it from America, no founding; no Declaration of Independence; no anti-slavery movement; no civil rights movement.

Dinesh D'Souza

how did we end up with slavery in the first place I thought America was founded by Christians

It came with the Europeans, and was also already here; the natives liked slavery as well, long before they saw us. Do you make many posts about the evuls of slavery in Africa, or anywhere else, or just the few years the U.S. had slaves in part of the country? Can we plan on more of these shifts from one 'point' to the next, as if it means something?
I'm just pointing out what a Rich wonderful history you white Christians have here in this country Devils

I am completely open to the possibility that there is a creator I]

I would say this is a good joke for someone, who speaks normally as if he would be a black atheist and racist.

just won't be bullied into believing it gilded into believing it I need to be convinced. What is so wrong with that? Why is disbelief bad in anyway?

"Disbelief" is not existing - this is wrong with this expesssion. And bad is it that the most atheist are not able really to recognize that their belief is only a belief. They think they know what others are only believing.

I think you religious nuts have confused the issue we cannot know if there is no God it is you who claims you know God does exist and this is what probably bothers us you don't know and we don't know but from what we see we see no proof of any such creature as a god and if it wasn't for your direction hell what does it matter if I believe or not?

Anybody who seriously claims Christian churches didn't have anything to do with the civil rights marches is either completely ignorant or lying; there is no middle ground.

If you look at the great social movements of American politics, not only the movement that led to the founding, which was driven in part by the First Great Awakening, but the movements that led to the temperance movement, the suffragette movement, the civil rights movement, the anti-slavery movement, there were not only waves of religious revival that often preceded and sometimes accompanied these movements, but the arguments in favor of these causes were made in explicitly religious terms…If you were to subtract the influence of Christianity from the west, what would be left? If you were to subtract it from America, no founding; no Declaration of Independence; no anti-slavery movement; no civil rights movement.

Dinesh D'Souza

"European" means in this case "England and Arabia", I guess, because in Europe no one had slaves as far as I know. Not even in England slavery was allowed. Slaves were an article of commerce of the colonialism.

we were certainly the last country to make slavery illegal. I noticed we are also one of the last countries to still have the death penalty. I'm all for the death penalty I just think we should make it cheaper quicker simpler and more humane. I guess the drugs they give the patients or the other people being executed sometimes cause a lot of pain. I know the victims families don't mind but I do and I think as you syudy we should

Dinesh D'Souza

Can you see how someone thinking and talking the way you are might say the same thing about gays 20 years from now? You will claim that it would have been impossible for gays to have achieved the equality they have if it weren't for Christians. And while that might be true it'll be true about a very very very small percent of Christians the majority of Christians were anti-gay and took a while to come around they were anti civil rights until they find the team about yes religion did probably teach them that doing what they were doing was wrong but my god it took a hundred years.

anyway I see religion evolves with the times now that it's unacceptable for society to be racist or homophobic you see just like our politics religion is changing their tune and things like that they're no longer anti-science as they used to be. we do see the new more modern more liberal hope is trying to win back people who aren't buying the old stick so they have to come up with a new message.anyways it doesn't matter if someone believes in God or not whatever makes you happy

think of yourselves back during the civil rights movement similar to how you are now with gay peopl. are you going to say 20 or 30 years from now that it would have been impossible for gays to achieve equality if it weren't for you Christians? unbelievable

More idiotic responses. You're just throwing out strawmen now, having no rebuttals. Neither has Hollie; she just keeps prattling off the usual non-responses as well, unable to refute the obvious.
Oh, you poor dear. I gave you a lengthy rebuttal to your ill considered and poorly configured argument and you shuffled off with your hurt feelings and wounded self esteem.

I didn't see anything but a lot of babbling and deflections. You couldn't possibly wound anybody, and you never had an argument, just an incoherent rant of some sort. As usual, it's the dumbest tards who think being ignored is a sign of winning something or other.
Oh my, but your wounded ego is being announced. I've found the best way to deal with blowhards is to confront them with a legitimate argument defining the failure of their their own. They typically retreat to juvenile name-calling, just as you do.
and they never answer your questions. or they do and don't see the fatal flaw in their arguments and they talk in circles.one thing I am happy that I'm think I'm establish with these people is that it doesn't really matter if you believe or not half of these people don't even believe in hell so I'm just trying to make them see how silly their arguments are really who cares? is something created all this great live your life move on until it announces its own existence just try to do the best you can I guess. now if you want to come to my door and tell me that God just talk to you well that's a different story if you want to tell me I'm going to go to hell if I don't believe you well that's a different story so other than believing in an invisible man versus not believing I am no better or worse than most of these people are out there as a matter fact I'm probably sure better just based on their comments and opinions on other subjects typically I find you to be ignorant selfish mean and did I say stupid. by the way I'm using my new voice to text feature and I love it i can text or say a lot more a lot faster now this is great

Last edited:

"European" means in this case "England and Arabia", I guess, because in Europe no one had slaves as far as I know. Not even in England slavery was allowed. Slaves were an article of commerce of the colonialism.]

lol ... You're seriously saying those colonies weren't European colonies???

Good question.

Never heard something about.

Why ignore them?

Astonishing. An effect of the crusades maybe. But did you really say merchants were freeing slaves? Unbelievable. What had happened there concrete?

The world is not a bigger USA and the USA not a little world. I would say american businessmen have indeed a slaveholder mentality. We can see this for example in the way why and how General Motors closed the factory of Opel in Bochum or what Amazon is doing with their workers here in Germany.

when you study the history of the Crusades it's hard to say that it's over or isn't still on. can you tell me the date the Crusades ended?

holly is definitely not in coherent. probably more that you don't like what she says. but I just want to remind you religious people that if you're not telling us about going to hell when we don't believe more stories that it really doesn't matter and we don't really care if you do believe if you're not trying to make it the official believe of this country for example

Last edited:

Dinesh D'Souza

how about the horrible way we took this country from the Indians? rather than moving in and learning to live alongside of them adopting many of their ways and cultures because let's face it it was theirs their country we were the immigrants moving in but we didn't do that he took it by force and we move them into play stations and we build house where they hunted.no I'm not saying it didn't work out and I'm actually glad we took it and that we have this great land in this great country but we could have adopted their ways more It would have been a much better much better place. Who am I kidding they were warring savages we had to take it but still you gotta admit you are not very nice reneged on treaties gave them the crappiest land we should have given the Indians Yellowstone and the Grand Canyon and all the other national parks should be work Indians live and live while maybe that warring while living off the land not casinos and that drunk

I'm serious the more I think about it why didn't we moved the Indians into territories where they could continue to live free and hunt and live the way that they were comfortable living why did we have to move them into little miniature cities where they had to live dirt poor and like us white Europeans why did we do that to them?

the same way bible thumpers now say they've always been pro science they've never been anti-science effing liars
obviously liberals are the ones who are anti-science.....anthropomorphic global warming.......embryos are not human.......life crawls spontaneously out of mud puddles.......its amazing the silly things you profess to believe......
you religious people have to realize we don't believe anything not with 100% certainty anyways evolution sounds like the best theory to me you have a better one The Big Bang Theory sounds pretty good to me do you have a better theory C that's why what we believe isnt our faith because it's not that evolution is something we worship and believe it's absolutely 100 percent fact so I think its funny when people like you or my dad think we're stupid because of our theories because when you think about it your theory of God is even stupider
Creation IS the Big Bang......the "bang" was the sound of "Let there be" in Hebrew........

the same way bible thumpers now say they've always been pro science they've never been anti-science effing liars
obviously liberals are the ones who are anti-science.....anthropomorphic global warming.......embryos are not human.......life crawls spontaneously out of mud puddles.......its amazing the silly things you profess to believe......
It's much simpler to believe that your polytheistic gawds magically poofed everything into existence a mere 6,000 years ago. It's amazing what you YEC'ists / Flat Earthers believe.
look....she said YEC again.....isn't that cute how she does that when she can't think of anything important to post?......such a precocious child, imagine what she will be like by the time she's a teenager.......

Dinesh D'Souza

I'm just pointing out what a Rich wonderful history you white Christians have here in this country Devils
???....the slave merchants were atheists.......

It's much simpler to believe that your polytheistic gawds magically poofed everything into existence a mere 6,000 years ago. It's amazing what you YEC'ists / Flat Earthers believe.
look....she said YEC again.....isn't that cute how she does that when she can't think of anything important to post?......such a precocious child, imagine what she will be like by the time she's a teenager.......
Embrace your ID'iot creationism, YEC'ist fantasies. 6,000 years is plenty of time for your polytheistic gawds to magically poof all of existence.

???....the slave merchants were atheists.......
Typically pointless.

you religious people have to realize we don't believe anything not with 100% certainty anyways evolution sounds like the best theory to me you have a better one The Big Bang Theory sounds pretty good to me do you have a better theory C that's why what we believe isnt our faith because it's not that evolution is something we worship and believe it's absolutely 100 percent fact so I think its funny when people like you or my dad think we're stupid because of our theories because when you think about it your theory of God is even stupider
Creation IS the Big Bang......the "bang" was the sound of "Let there be" in Hebrew........
ID'iot creationism is a poor substitute for your lack of a science vocabulary.

Forum List

Back