Remember the Muslims that refused to deliver beer, that got fired,well they just got richer

Why would anyone want to start their OWN company anymore?
Get sued when your employee refuses to do his job?
Get the NAACP after you for firing an employee for smoking a joint on the picnic table during working hours?
This is fuckin ridiculous.

Sooo..

You don't like religious "freedom" now?

Welcome to my world.

It's complete bullshit. It's true they have a "reasonable accomadation" argument... but IMO being a religious nutbag doesn't give you a right to preferential treatment. "Reasonable accommodations" shouldn't extend to "religious reasons."

I hope the company appeals.

The "reasonable accommodation" should be that the employee follows what his/her job duties are..

Simple as that.

Get the NAACP after you for firing an employee for smoking a joint on the picnic table during working hours?

Sooo..

Welcome to my world.
That isn't an example of religious freedom, Sallow.
Just like Kim Davis.

Sooo..

Welcome to my world.
Just like Kim Davis.

Well yeah it is.

And Kim Davis isn't an employee. She's an elected official.

From the actual article from the OP, which the OP obviously didn't read.

As UCLA law professor Eugene Volokh explained to The Washington Post, the trucking companyadmitted that drivers often switched their assignments, meaning it would have been reasonable to accommodate the men's request, rather than firing them.
Thinking Error: Lying and Assuming
I read it dork, everyones jobs have varying duties. These guy werent' forced to drink liquour. That would have been the violation.
Hey if you grow heroin and refuse to drink liquor, you might be a muslim

Sooo..

Welcome to my world.
Just like Kim Davis.

Well yeah it is.
Maybe to a fascist.
Those guys shouldn't have to reassign them. Do your job or go. I know I would get fired if I didn't. And I would deserve it.
To say that refusing to do your job because of religion is "freedom of religion" is bullshit.
Imagine a Christian getting a job at a sex store. "im sorry I cant sell you anything. I think its a sin". That's they kind of precedents limp wristed bullshit like this starts.

Sooo..

Welcome to my world.
Just like Kim Davis.

Well yeah it is.
Maybe to a fascist.
Those guys shouldn't have to reassign them. Do your job or go. I know I would get fired if I didn't. And I would deserve it.
To say that refusing to do your job because of religion is "freedom of religion" is bullshit.
Imagine a Christian getting a job at a sex store. "im sorry I cant sell you anything. I think its a sin". That's they kind of precedents limp wristed bullshit like this starts.
That would be an unreasonable burden on the business and they wouldn't have to accommodate

Sooo..

Welcome to my world.
Just like Kim Davis.

Well yeah it is.
Maybe to a fascist.

Well Christian bigots have been wanting and getting all sorts of accommodations. Take a look at your money. "In god we trust". How about the pledge? One nation under god. Every freaking President ends the SOTU with 'god bless America". You get Christmas, Easter and other Christian holidays off.

That's bullshit.

If you are in a business for profit, then, you should be in the business of doing business, not evangelizing.

If you are an employee, you should fulfill the job requirements.

Keep your faith at home.

Where it belongs.

Sooo..

Welcome to my world.
Just like Kim Davis.

Well yeah it is.
Maybe to a fascist.

Well Christian bigots have been wanting and getting all sorts of accommodations. Take a look at your money. "In god we trust". How about the pledge? One nation under god. Every freaking President ends the SOTU with 'god bless America". You get Christmas, Easter and other Christian holidays off.

That's bullshit.

If you are in a business for profit, then, you should be in the business of doing business, not evangelizing.

Keep your faith at home

Where it belongs.
Except for muslims? ;)

Sooo..

Welcome to my world.
Just like Kim Davis.

Well yeah it is.
Maybe to a fascist.

That's bullshit.

Keep your faith at home

Where it belongs.
Except for muslims? ;)

No accommodations for anyone.

Or everyone is accommodated equally.

I want the former.

I didn't realize that Obama was in support of Kim Davis's lawsuit? Cool. I guess that means he'll endorse Christian's right to refuse to participate in another type of lifestyle/activity.

Keep your faith at home.

Where it belongs.

Yep, just like God Commanded to the faithful: "You only need to be good on Sunday in church. During the week feel free to violate the mortal sins I've forbidden to you in Jude 1". I remember that sermon well, like it was yesterday..

Keep your faith at home.

Where it belongs.

Yep, just like God Commanded to the faithful: "You only need to be good on Sunday in church. During the week feel free to violate the mortal sins I've forbidden to you in Jude 1". I remember that sermon well, like it was yesterday..

You may want a Christian Theocracy.

I don't.

And the Constitution doesn't, in any way, support one.

So the cake bakers lose, but these guys win? Incredible.
I don't understand it myself. If they cannot do the job, they should get another one....I'm guessing something to do with Illinois law.

Exactly. Illinois has "At-Will" employment rules. They don't really have to give you a reason to let you go.

When these guys said, "We are firing you for being Muslim, even though we made accommedations for other people's superstitions", they opened themselves up to this kind of trouble.

Yet you forgot about the "Judge not, lest ye be judged" and "Treat people the way you'd want to be treated". You know, thing JESUS actually said.

Thinking Error: Lying and Assuming
I read it dork, everyones jobs have varying duties. These guy werent' forced to drink liquour. That would have been the violation.
Hey if you grow heroin and refuse to drink liquor, you might be a muslim

So you read it and didn't understand it. Maybe you should have had someone explain the big words to you.

Guy, this isn't a discussion about whose religion is more fucked up. I could make a list of fake, phony beliefs Christians have.

This is a very simple discussion of Employment law, and this company was in violation of it.

Yet you forgot about the "Judge not, lest ye be judged" and "Treat people the way you'd want to be treated". You know, thing JESUS actually said.
The American Taliban usually doesn't know, and would certainly disagree with, what Jesus taught. Everywhere you look, they are doing the opposite.

Forum List

Back