Remember the year 1968 ?

Tet Offensive
MLK assassinated
RFK assassinated
Apollo 8's orbit of the moon
Chicago 1968 Dimocrat convention riots
100,000 Americans killed by the Hong Kong Flu
Nixon wins the...…………………………………………….WAIT ! WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT ?!!!! 100,000 Americans killed by a flu ? WTF ?

I'm sure those of you who were alive remember how all of the schools were closed ?
How stores and restaurants were closed ?
How we were all social distancing ?
How we all had to wear PPE ?
How the economy was closed, and unemployment was off the charts and how the stock market tanked, and millions of Americans lost everything they had worked for because Dimocrats demanded we all stayed home, so Nixon wouldn't be elected ?

RIGHT ?

Mortality[edit]

The United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) estimated that in total, the virus killed one million people worldwide.[11]

United States[edit]

The CDC estimated 100,000 people died in the U.S.[12] However, fewer people died during this pandemic than in previous pandemics for various reasons:[13]

1. some immunity against the N2 flu virus may have been retained in populations struck by the Asian Flu strains which had been circulating since 1957;
  2. the pandemic did not gain momentum until near the winter school holidays, thus limiting the infection spreading;
  3. improved medical care gave vital support to the very ill;
  4. the availability of antibiotics that were more effective against secondary bacterial infections.

What this argument ignores is that the current Virus has killed 50,000 in two months WITH social distancing and WITH closing businesses and WITH closing schools. Just think for a minute how many it would have killed WITHOUT all that work to keep us from being close to each other. Imagine it.

Yes, very likely all true. It still amazes me however that 100,000 did die, and I don't remember hearing a word about it. I was in the 6th and 7th grade, and no mentions of it that I can remember, and my mother who was afraid of her own shadow, and paranoid about everything, never warned any of us kids.
Besides the fact that the number 100,000 was not just for 1968 but included 1969, the number also includes all cases of the flu, not just H3N2. Hospitals reported all cases as the flu because they did have the means to easily different between the various types of flu. Thus a comparison of the number of cases in the 1968 pandemic and the current pandemic is invalid because it's an apples and oranges comparison.

Tet Offensive
MLK assassinated
RFK assassinated
Nixon wins the...…………………………………………….WAIT ! WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT ?!!!! 100,000 Americans killed by a flu ? WTF ?

I'm sure those of you who were alive remember how all of the schools were closed ?
How the economy was closed, and unemployment was off the charts and how the stock market tanked, and millions of Americans lost everything they had worked for because Dimocrats demanded we all stayed home, so Nixon wouldn't be elected ?

RIGHT ?

Mortality[edit]

The United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) estimated that in total, the virus killed one million people worldwide.[11]

United States[edit]

The CDC estimated 100,000 people died in the U.S.[12] However, fewer people died during this pandemic than in previous pandemics for various reasons:[13]

1. some immunity against the N2 flu virus may have been retained in populations struck by the Asian Flu strains which had been circulating since 1957;
  2. the pandemic did not gain momentum until near the winter school holidays, thus limiting the infection spreading;
  4. the availability of antibiotics that were more effective against secondary bacterial infections.

What this argument ignores is that the current Virus has killed 50,000 in two months WITH social distancing and WITH closing businesses and WITH closing schools. Just think for a minute how many it would have killed WITHOUT all that work to keep us from being close to each other. Imagine it.

Yes, very likely all true. It still amazes me however that 100,000 did die, and I don't remember hearing a word about it. I was in the 6th and 7th grade, and no mentions of it that I can remember, and my mother who was afraid of her own shadow, and paranoid about everything, never warned any of us kids.
Keep in mind that is over a 2 year period. There was a wave that came in early fall of 68 and late fall in 69 killing 100,000 over 2 years. Coronavirus has killed 58,000 in the US in just 9 weeks.
FYI
53000 OF THE 58000 killed, were in just the past 4 weeks!!!

Tet Offensive
MLK assassinated
RFK assassinated

RIGHT ?

Mortality[edit]

United States[edit]

Imagine how many we may have saved in 1968 if we had implemented some social distancing, used PPE, etc...

Oh wait, that doesn't fit in line with your irresponsible downplaying of a virus that has killed nearly 55,000 Americans in 2 months. Sorry; carry on.

I really don't know what it is about the blob that forces you guys to make such absurd arguments to downplay 50K lives being lost in 2 months.
Not even in 2 months....
this corona virus has killed 53000 people in the past 4 weeks,

FROM March 30th where we had nearly 3000 total deaths up to that point, on that day to today April 27th, in those 4 weeks, we have had 53000 deaths....!!!!!!!! :eek-52:

that is an incredible number of deaths for less than a month....

12 Weeks, 16 weeks, 8 weeks, 4 weeks. For whatever bizarre reason, blob supporters don't seem to be too alarmed by the shockingly high numbers of deaths in such a short time span. This is up in the range of the deaths in the Vietnam War....which was years long.

I understand that they may support the blob--nobody knows why other than he validates their shortcomings--but denying that 50K+ deaths is unusual at best is sick.

Candy
We've been noticing that you've become more and more hateful, and insulting. Do we need to call for an intervention for you ?
I have some friends who deal in such matters of mental health, I would be happy to call them. Let us know.
I’ve noticed you’re just as dumb as ever.

Lashing out is a certain indicator of angst.....would you like to share?

Yes tell us why your blob lashes out so often...

He constantly has to put the left wing media in their place.

Forum List

Back