Remember when the left thought a sitting president could pardon herself?

koshergrl

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2011
I do:

"Now, back to January 20, 2017. Could a future President Hillary Clinton pardon herself?

"The short answer is she could certainly try, and may very well get away with it. What’s more, there is likely little Congress could do about it — even with a Republican controlled House of Representatives and Senate. Here is why.

"The president’s pardon power comes from Article II, Section 2 of the United States Constitution that provides, “The President … shall have Power to grant Reprieves and Pardons for Offenses against the United States, except in Cases of Impeachment.”

Huh. Isn't that interesting?

https://lawandcrime.com/opinion/if-...ardon-herself-and-congress-might-be-helpless/

Trump won’t be able to pardon himself once he’s removed from office.

King George thought he could do whatever he wanted to America too

haaaaa.................. a silly opinion piece does not a fact based debate make.

better luck next time kosherchicky.

I don’t think the president can pardon him or herself. If they could wouldn’t it completely undermine impeachment powers of Congress?

The President isn’t above the law.

Course it’s an intellectual exercise because this president hasn’t done anything to warrant a pardon

I do:

"Now, back to January 20, 2017. Could a future President Hillary Clinton pardon herself?

"The short answer is she could certainly try, and may very well get away with it. What’s more, there is likely little Congress could do about it — even with a Republican controlled House of Representatives and Senate. Here is why.

"The president’s pardon power comes from Article II, Section 2 of the United States Constitution that provides, “The President … shall have Power to grant Reprieves and Pardons for Offenses against the United States, except in Cases of Impeachment.”

https://lawandcrime.com/opinion/if-...ardon-herself-and-congress-might-be-helpless/

You mean the same guy who said that Clinton should be charged with a crime?

https://lawandcrime.com/politics/yes-hillary-clinton-did-commit-a-crime-and-she-should-be-charged/

By that standard- I remember when the "Right" said that the government should be free of Jews
Government Should Be Judenrein—And 4 More Anti-Semitic Quotes From A GOP Leader
The candidate currently polling at second place in California’s Senate race, Patrick Little, has called for government to be “free from Jews.”
Read more: Government Should Be Judenrein—And 4 More Anti-Semitic Quotes From A GOP Leader
patrick-little-2-1525097268.png

patrick-little-2-1525097268.png

I don’t think the president can pardon him or herself. If they could wouldn’t it completely undermine impeachment powers of Congress?

Course it’s an intellectual exercise because this president hasn’t done anything to warrant a pardon

course you don't really know because mueller is keeping a damn good lid on any leaks... unlike the USS TRUMPTANIC.

I do:

Nice digging, but I don't remember that being an actual thing.

I do:

Another batch of drivel from the usual source.

course you don't really know because mueller is keeping a damn good lid on any leaks... unlike the USS TRUMPTANIC.

Keep telling yourself that

Wrong Impeachment has nothing to do with a court of law. It does not rest on what a President can be charged with in a Court of Law nor on guilt or innocence of any criminal complaint. The President can in fact per the constitution pardon himself of criminal charges if he is not impeached.

I do:

That's because you have alzheimer's.

I do:

Don’t remember that at all

Why would Hillary have to pardon herself?

Actually, the prez is kind of above the law....
He is granted a certain degree of immunity from prosecution.

For realz!

He could SHOOT somebody walking down 5th Avenue and not lose any voters!!

I do:

Lol, conservatives always insult when they have no intelligent reply. The conservatives on this forum do it more than any other that I am on.

Way more.

I do:

Lol, conservatives always insult when they have no intelligent reply. The conservatives on this forum do it more than any other that I am on.

Way more.

Nonsense. We insult people who reply stupidly.

There's a difference. Your crappy memory is completely irrelevant to the topic and deserves no *intelligent reply*. What *intelligent reply* is there to your assertion that you have a shitty memory?

Another precedent set by a president: “I’ve got a pen”. Thank you, President Obama!

I do:

Way more.

Nonsense. We insult people who reply stupidly.

There's a difference. Your crappy memory is completely irrelevant to the topic and deserves no *intelligent reply*. What *intelligent reply* is there to your assertion that you have a shitty memory?
You are wrong. Sorry, but you are.

Btw, I have noticed that people usually use profanity and insults at a rate inversely proportionate to their intelligence.

You might wanna watch that.

Another precedent set by a president: “I’ve got a pen”. Thank you, President Obama!
He didn’t set that precedent, but that’s a nice reminder that 99% of what the dotard has done can be swept away as quickly as you can sign on a line

Forum List

Back