Remember when Trump said he wanted more immigrants from Norway?

If usa is so fucking bad why did they even come here?
Why not stay in their utopia of free band aids and bus rides?

Were they wrong? It's "statist" to have good public transportation and healthcare?
They were onky referring to non universal healthcare and you know ut. We have great healthcare and plenty of publiv transportation.
Lets be real

Oh stop. We have one of the worst public transportation systems in the developed world. Sure, if you have insurance we have great healthcare. Students from Norway dont have US insurance. A US student in Norway has excellent healthcare. A Norway student in the US does not.
We even have public transportation in rural areas. Please stop lying.
Not to mention, we also have 800 cars per 1000 people. I believe that is 2nd or 3rd most cars per capita on the planet.
Yes, we dont have universal healthcare. Like I said :rolleyes:
And yet we still the worst public transportation systems in the developed world. They said "especially if you don't have a car".

Trump wants more immigrants from Norway. A university in Norway just spelled out why Trump can't get them...
We have public transportation all over the country. It just isnt centralized so you statists bitch, moan and lie about it.
Why dont you explain to the class the facts you used to conclude we have the worst public transportation on the planet compared to other developed nations.
I'll wait and give you plenty of time to make shit up.

Only one city ever makes it on any worldwide list, NY.

Cities With the Best Public Transportation, Ranked | Far & Wide

Quality of infrastructure: countries with best infrastructure 2019 | Statista.I

We are one of the richest nations in the world. We can and should do better.

If usa is so fucking bad why did they even come here?
Why not stay in their utopia of free band aids and bus rides?
They ARE staying there. Trump wants them to come here. They just told us why they don't want to.

OMG we arent statist enough for the statists.
Im sure that digs deep :rolleyes:
Were they wrong? It's "statist" to have good public transportation and healthcare?
They were onky referring to non universal healthcare and you know ut. We have great healthcare and plenty of publiv transportation.
Lets be real

Oh stop. We have one of the worst public transportation systems in the developed world. Sure, if you have insurance we have great healthcare. Students from Norway dont have US insurance. A US student in Norway has excellent healthcare. A Norway student in the US does not.
US student from Norway gets great healthcare from the University? What do you mean? Our healthcare system is responsible for over half of new drugs and cures and inventions in the world. What sucks is all the administrative costs and inefficiencies. Those I agree need to be fixed but UH won’t work until you fix the high price of becoming a doctor. Those persons don’t want to work for one payor IMO.
A US citizen in Norway will get excellent treatment, free of cost in Norway. Is that true of a Norwegian student in the United States?

100%. I am on a board of a major university in Boston. "Excellent"? We have better doctors here than there.

Lets be real

Not to mention, we also have 800 cars per 1000 people. I believe that is 2nd or 3rd most cars per capita on the planet.
And yet we still the worst public transportation systems in the developed world. They said "especially if you don't have a car".

Trump wants more immigrants from Norway. A university in Norway just spelled out why Trump can't get them...
We have public transportation all over the country. It just isnt centralized so you statists bitch, moan and lie about it.
Why dont you explain to the class the facts you used to conclude we have the worst public transportation on the planet compared to other developed nations.

Unless you look at the trillions in dollars we are already in debt.
But nobody really cares about that right? Unless they can use it in some political bashing.

Lets be real

Lol so you were just making shit up. I figured.
Mods, kill this thread. The premise just suicided itself.

But nobody really cares about that right? Unless they can use it in some political bashing.

Not when we are ranked so poorly on our infrastructure.

What ever happened to Trump's monthly "infrastructure week"?

Well, they think the United States is a shithole country...

Ouch.

If you look at Norway below, the right column says that they are doing poorly based on their population.
Not calling them a shithole country, but they have no reason or justification to throw stones at the US.

View attachment 312759

And still you persist (Sorry, couldn't resist). Pay close attention to the number of people tested in each country and then consider the population of said country.
Coronavirus Testing – Source Data
Your 13,000 CDC test number doesn't include hospital labs, private labs, industry labs, and public health labs. The entire problem with the US testing capacity is that the CDC lab was not geared up for large scale testing. Which took time to develop and approve. The US now has adequate testing capacity, especially after Roche and Thermo-Fisher get their automated testing capability up and running this week.
1. Quest and LabCorp can do 1,000 and 1,500 tests per day respectively
2. The CDC sent out 75,000 tests to public health labs
3. Private industry sent 1.1 million tests sent out to private and academic labs for 850,000

"The numbers here are a bit confusing, too. As of March 7, Food and Drug Administration Commissioner Stephen Hahn said the CDC has sent out enough test kits to test 75,000 people. But those are just the tests sent to public health labs. An additional 1.1 million tests (produced by private industry) have been sent out to non-public commercial and academic labs, according to Hahn. In all, he estimated 850,000 Americans are able to be tested.
But capacity to test is still lagging. Part of that is due to a shortage of key chemicals needed to run the tests. Currently, according to the American Enterprise Institute, 16,030 Covid-19 tests can be processed in the US a day, up from 7,840 a few days ago. (South Korea has been able to run 10,000 tests per day since February.)
Some labs have much higher capacity than others. Even the corporate diagnostic companies like Quest and LabCorp only have the capacity to run 1,000 and 1,500 tests a day, respectively. Your ability to get tested may depend on where you live, the lab your physician uses, and the judgment of your doctor.

Lets be real

I really hate to drop a little reality into things but you do realize that the countries that are ranking highest on those lists are only the size of one of the states in the U.S.? so you can't compare one to the other it is like comparing a watermelon a a grape and complaining that fewer watermelons fit in the same area as a grape.

What happened? Have you seen the last 3+ years of investigations, witch hunts and obstruction?

Last edited:

Lol so you were just making shit up. I figured.
Mods, kill this thread. The premise just suicided itself.

I gave you the links. We are 13th in infrastructure. Our country can not be found on any top 10 list for public transportation. Only one US city can ever be found, New York.

The "premise" remains the same. Trump wanted Norwegians. Norwegian people don't want to come here

I really hate to drop a little reality into things but you do realize that the countries that are ranking highest on those lists are only the size of one of the states in the U.S.? so you can't compare one to the other it is like comparing a watermelon a a grape and complaining that fewer watermelons fit in the same area as a grape.
Come on. We CAN do better. We used to be on top. Now we need to catch up.

Lets be real

US student from Norway gets great healthcare from the University? What do you mean? Our healthcare system is responsible for over half of new drugs and cures and inventions in the world. What sucks is all the administrative costs and inefficiencies. Those I agree need to be fixed but UH won’t work until you fix the high price of becoming a doctor. Those persons don’t want to work for one payor IMO.
A US citizen in Norway will get excellent treatment, free of cost in Norway. Is that true of a Norwegian student in the United States?

100%. I am on a board of a major university in Boston. "Excellent"? We have better doctors here than there.
Did you miss the "free of charge" part? I think you must have. ..

So you want infrasturucture. Fine what program do you want to drop? How about welfare? Maybe social security? Or maybe you just want to run the deficit up eight or ten trillion more? There are already politicians and media that are screaming that Trump has cut into this or that program.
So give use your vast knowledge and explain how you plan to do it or is this just bitch with no idea?

Lets be real

Do you think Norway could do that if they had 30 million illegal aliens and were allowing an additional 1 million legal immigrants a year? Think about what healthcare for 30 million people would cost.

Well, they think the United States is a shithole country...

Ouch.

If you look at Norway below, the right column says that they are doing poorly based on their population.
Not calling them a shithole country, but they have no reason or justification to throw stones at the US.

View attachment 312759

And still you persist (Sorry, couldn't resist). Pay close attention to the number of people tested in each country and then consider the population of said country.
Coronavirus Testing – Source Data
You do know they are saying the coronavirus has probably been here since October or November? It's not that big of an ordeal. South Korea is all ready on the downside of it. So your outrage is noted as fake.

Lets be real

Yet you're still here, go figure....dumbass.

Lets be real

American students dont even get free healthcare. Wtf are you trying to prove?
Your incompetence?
Adults don't get free healthcare, they are taxed for it. Then they have to pay a deductible to use it.

Forum List

Back