Remembering Robert E. Lee: American Patriot and Southern Hero

Wrong, one of those bases was intended to be permanent. We have been asked to leave military bases all over the world. Do you actually believe the U.S. government would ever refuse to leave?
No military base anywhere except the USA can be a "permanent" base without the hosting country agreeing.

There was only one hosting country for Ft. Sumter. The USA.

Better tell those men at Gitmo.
Gitmo is leased.

The only reason we still have it is the fact that Cuba is too weak to kick us out. Otherwise, we would be gone.
No, they like the money. How funny that Dubya was free to trade with Cuba when the rest of us weren't.

Since the Cuban government declines to cash the rent checks, that's obvious horseshit.

I have no qualm about the practices you people involved yourselves in...

who is "you people" ?

People that knowingly fucked their cousins and other relatives for the sole purpose of maintaining a social position.

what about those that fuck their sisters, sell them into slavery, and still have no social standing?
Those would be the poor white southerners, the idiots that were duped into a fool's errand.
I was referring to the so called southern aristocrats...

whose great grandchildren and great great grandchildren have an achievement gap?

I'll wait for an intelligent answer that I know is not possible
An intelligent answer is rarely given to a stupid question.
Do you need me to explain the achievement gap between white aristocratic cousin fuckers and poor white that stupidity went to war to maintain their false sense of racial superiority???

The simple answer (the answer that fits you best) is that those that can afford the best private educations, have the best political connections and the means to finance business will always have an achievement gap over the poor stupid bumpkins.
Next...

There was no blockade of any southern ports at the time Fort Sumter was attacked.
Yes there was.

I'm sorry but you are simply incorrect about that. In fact weapons from northern factories continued to be sent south to fill contracts for state militias right up until the attack on Fort Sumter.
Abraham Lincoln ordered the blockade on April 1, 1861, 2 weeks before the assault. So yes, I was correct.

Wrong, Lincoln ordered the blockade on April 19, 1861.
Wrong. Lincoln responded to a letter written by Governor Pickens to then President Buchanan in January 1861 demanding he forfeit claims to Fort Sumter. He set up a blockade that was weak and easily outran by faster ships. In April, he strengthened the blockade and made preparations to retake the fort. In fact the first skirmish occurred between Southern forces and Union Navy on January 9th.

We can argue about when the blockade officially happened, but there's no debate that Fort Sumter was a vital hub for Union naval operations....no matter what it was doing.

Which has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that Lincoln ordered the blockade on April 19, not April 1 as you erroneously claimed.

Wrong, one of those bases was intended to be permanent. We have been asked to leave military bases all over the world. Do you actually believe the U.S. government would ever refuse to leave?
No military base anywhere except the USA can be a "permanent" base without the hosting country agreeing.

There was only one hosting country for Ft. Sumter. The USA.

Better tell those men at Gitmo.
Gitmo is leased.

The only reason we still have it is the fact that Cuba is too weak to kick us out. Otherwise, we would be gone.
No, they like the money. How funny that Dubya was free to trade with Cuba when the rest of us weren't.
Nomenklatura

I think when you attempt to explain history in the context of contemporary thinking you do yourself a disservice because you really aren't trying to understand historic events or historic figures.
There is no historical context needed. You either treated people you considered your inferiors well or you didn't.

I'm pretty sure you don't need any.
No one does. You either treat people well, even if you don't believe they are your equal, or you don't.

Lee more than likely considered black people to be little more than animals. You know anyone that mistreats animals and is considered honorable?
Probably so, but blacks were not seen as equals by many, or even a majority, of northerners.
Absolutely, though I do believe most of the abolitionists were northerners. That is actually one reason I admire Lincoln. He was a racist and he still ended up doing the right thing by freeing the slaves.
Silly you, pretending there's only one reason you worship Lincoln.

Ah, flipping the bird and calling names. A sure way to make point. LOL
I could provide you with a long list of despicable names that the worshippers of the Lincoln cult have called me in this thread. Names like, apologist for slavery, traitor, racist, etc.

You reap what you sew.

Yes there was.

I'm sorry but you are simply incorrect about that. In fact weapons from northern factories continued to be sent south to fill contracts for state militias right up until the attack on Fort Sumter.
Abraham Lincoln ordered the blockade on April 1, 1861, 2 weeks before the assault. So yes, I was correct.

Wrong, Lincoln ordered the blockade on April 19, 1861.
Wrong. Lincoln responded to a letter written by Governor Pickens to then President Buchanan in January 1861 demanding he forfeit claims to Fort Sumter. He set up a blockade that was weak and easily outran by faster ships. In April, he strengthened the blockade and made preparations to retake the fort. In fact the first skirmish occurred between Southern forces and Union Navy on January 9th.

We can argue about when the blockade officially happened, but there's no debate that Fort Sumter was a vital hub for Union naval operations....no matter what it was doing.

Which has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that Lincoln ordered the blockade on April 19, not April 1 as you erroneously claimed.

You are correct. The blockades came after the attack at Ft. Sumter.

Abraham Lincoln Proclamation 81 - Declaring a Blockade of Ports in Rebellious States

who is "you people" ?

People that knowingly fucked their cousins and other relatives for the sole purpose of maintaining a social position.

what about those that fuck their sisters, sell them into slavery, and still have no social standing?
Those would be the poor white southerners, the idiots that were duped into a fool's errand.
I was referring to the so called southern aristocrats...

whose great grandchildren and great great grandchildren have an achievement gap?

I'll wait for an intelligent answer that I know is not possible
An intelligent answer is rarely given to a stupid question.
Do you need me to explain the achievement gap between white aristocratic cousin fuckers and poor white that stupidity went to war to maintain their false sense of racial superiority???

The simple answer (the answer that fits you best) is that those that can afford the best private educations, have the best political connections and the means to finance business will always have an achievement gap over the poor stupid bumpkins.
Next...

who is bitching about the achievement gap and expects who to fix it?

Ah, flipping the bird and calling names. A sure way to make point. LOL
I could provide you with a long list of despicable names that the worshippers of the Lincoln cult have called me in this thread. Names like, apologist for slavery, traitor, racist, etc.

You reap what you sew.
You do not use a needle and thread to reap what you sow.

I do believe that slavery was an issue but I don't believe that it was the primary issue. Most Southerners did not own slaves nor did all Southerners agree with slavery...

Most Southerners did not have a vote in secession. Slavery was THE issue. Stop lying and accept historical fact
No ... money was the issue. Slavery was a secondary issue because most folks weren't effected by it. Most southerners didn't have slaves nor did they see what it was like on the various plantations. Not only that ... some wealthy northerners had slaves. War always boils down to money, power, and control.

I realize that you, like so many other Americans, have been thoroughly brainwashed and programmed. It's the norm.

I do believe that slavery was an issue but I don't believe that it was the primary issue. Most Southerners did not own slaves nor did all Southerners agree with slavery...

Most Southerners did not have a vote in secession. Slavery was THE issue. Stop lying and accept historical fact
No ... money was the issue. Slavery was a secondary issue because most folks weren't effected by it. Most southerners didn't have slaves nor did they see what it was like on the various plantations. Not only that ... some wealthy northerners had slaves. War always boils down to money, power, and control.

I realize that you, like so many other Americans, have been thoroughly brainwashed and programmed. It's the norm.
What's that have to do with the price of tea in China? Alexander Stephens and Robert E. Lee are two, completely different individuals. You are aware of that -- aren't you?

I still don'gt get the American patriot thing about Gen. Lee. Patriot to Virginia, understood. Don't see how he could be both patriotic to Virginia and America at the same time.

I still don'gt get the American patriot thing about Gen. Lee. Patriot to Virginia, understood. Don't see how he could be both patriotic to Virginia and America at the same time.

He loved the idea of a free America with a small and limited Federal Government (just like Thomas Jefferson and most of our founders). Lincoln preferred a huge, top heavy Federal Government that forced its will upon all the various States of the Union.

What's that have to do with the price of tea in China? Alexander Stephens and Robert E. Lee are two, completely different individuals. You are aware of that -- aren't you?
You said "No ... money was the issue. Slavery was a secondary issue..."

Slavery was the primary issue. The money tied up in slaves, and that they were in danger of losing the literal lifeblood of their economy ---> Because if slavery was threatened, so were they.

Slavery was the Cornerstone of the Southern Confederacy.

My point.

The idiocy about tariffs you hear Lost Causers go on about is a null one. If you want to say it was about money, you can, but you can't do it without saying it was about the money invested

In Slavery.

You said "No ... money was the issue. Slavery was a secondary issue..."

Slavery was the primary issue. The money tied up in slaves, and that they were in danger of losing the literal lifeblood of their economy ---> Because if slavery was threatened, so were they.

Slavery was the Cornerstone of the Southern Confederacy.

My point.

The idiocy about tariffs you hear Lost Causers go on about is a null one. If you want to say it was about money, you can, but you can't do it without saying it was about the money invested

In Slavery.

That isn't the reason Lincoln instigated the Ft Sumter event and then invaded VIrginia. He wanted to the idea of secession and convert the United States from a voluntary union of sovereign states to an empire of subjects. That's what the euphemism he coined "preserving the union" means. It meant eliminating states rights and the original principles the nation was founded on.

"That isn't the reason Lincoln instigated the Ft Sumter event and then invaded VIrginia. He wanted to the idea of secession..."

You're insane, little boy flipping the bird.

"That isn't the reason Lincoln instigated the Ft Sumter event and then invaded VIrginia. He wanted to the idea of secession..."

The poor South. Just victims of their own stupidity, greed, and lack of constitutional freedoms for its citizens.

The poor South. Just victims of their own stupidity, greed, and lack of constitutional freedoms for its citizens.
It takes amazing gall to stick up for a group of states gathered around the idea of keeping nearly half of it's population in chains.

Forum List

Back