Reparations

McDonalds turned a $12,000,000,000 gross profit in 2021. I'd argue its workers on the ground were giving more than $8 an hour worth of labor.

If what the person added to the value of the product is less than $8, then no, they are not with more than $8.

Yes I said employees should be entitled to pay increases. Why do you automatically think when I say employees, you think I'm referring to people that arent doing their jobs?

So what you're saying is no employees are providing value except CEO's and other highly paid management and thus only the CEO and highly paid management should benefit from a companies profitability. I disagree with that.

This is an American phenomena. CEO's in other countries are not paid to the same excess as they are in America.
You've stated .. "average Joes" ... duh. Does the "average Joe" excel in job performance? Or .. are they average (as you've stated) in just doing what is required?

You're asking my position and then assuming my position and jumping to conclusions. Please .. debate instead of assuming how I feel, how reality works and jumping to conclusions.

Other countries are insignificant when measuring performance in the United States .. most Americans don't care how Canada or Mexico is doing from a performance perspective.

McDonalds turned a $12,000,000,000 gross profit in 2021. I'd argue its workers on the ground were giving more than $8 an hour worth of labor.
Gross profit is insignificant .. net profit is king .. Regardless .. a basic search on Google would demonstrate that McDonalds pays a fair wage based on the market .. even $15 / $20+ hr.

Why would a business owner pay high wages for a role that is entry level? You keep demonstrating your ignorance of economics and only drive towards feeling .. that doesn't work in business.

Gross profit is insignificant .. net profit is king .. Regardless .. a basic search on Google would demonstrate that McDonalds pays a fair wage based on the market .. even $15 / $20+ hr.

Why would a business owner pay high wages for a role that is entry level? You keep demonstrating your ignorance of economics and only drive towards feeling .. that doesn't work in business.

Plus there is a difference in the operating profits of the franchises, vs, the profits of McDonald's itself, which is from company owned stores, franchise fees, and sales of product to franchises.

The "pay someone $15 to do $8 of work" costs doesn't fall on McDonalds Corporate, it falls on the Franchise owner.

I just read the following article and it hit me like a ton of bricks. Actor Edward Norton recently discovered that his family history proves that his ancestors owned slaves. So, should he pay the price and personally pay reparations for the wrongdoings of his ancestors? I mean, that is what the left wants. The left want the US to pay reparations for things done in the past so why shouldn't rich people personally pay for the wrongdoings of their ancestors too? If Edward Norton isn't financially responsible for his own ancestors owning slaves then why should the US government pay reparations for the wrongdoing of our ancestors? Is the past in the past, over and done with, or, should we check the ancestry of all rich Americans and if their ancestors owned slaves, then should they pay reparations?

I am not criminally responsible for the crimes my ancestors committed. Plus if any did own slaves, it was during the period where slavery was legal. Since all of my ancestors lived in New York State and Pennsylvania, I doubt if any owned slaves.

Finally I am far from rich.

Nice of you to admit that McDonalds can have a net profit margin (it was 33.75% last quarter) paying its employees $15 an hour.

You keep changing the argument. I never said a business should pay an entry level position a "high wage". Not once. Unlike you, most people arent business owners. I understand that you want to keep the status quo because you seem to think it's to your advantage.

You've stated .. "average Joes" ... duh. Does the "average Joe" excel in job performance? Or .. are they average (as you've stated) in just doing what is required?

You're asking my position and then assuming my position and jumping to conclusions. Please .. debate instead of assuming how I feel, how reality works and jumping to conclusions.

Other countries are insignificant when measuring performance in the United States .. most Americans don't care how Canada or Mexico is doing from a performance perspective.
The average Joe is your average, non management worker. You know most Americans. It has NOTHING to do with performance level you dumb piece of shit. I keep repeating myself but it doesnt seem to get through your thick skull. You think only those that outperform their assigned metrics should get a raise. I disagree. Even you admitted that if one doesnt at least keep up with inflation, they are in essence getting a pay cut. You think that's fine. I dont. I'm done with you.

The average Joe is your average, non management worker. You know most Americans. It has NOTHING to do with performance level you dumb piece of shit. I keep repeating myself but it doesnt seem to get through your thick skull. You think only those that outperform their assigned metrics should get a raise. I disagree. Even you admitted that if one doesnt at least keep up with inflation, they are in essence getting a pay cut. You think that's fine. I dont. I'm done with you.
Thank goodness ..

List all the slaves alive today.
Actually I'm sure there are several million slaves alive in the USA today. They've all been trafficked from Latin America or China by modern slavers. If they are lucky they are essentially indentured servants like one of my ancestors was. If they aren't they will die before they pay off their "debt" to the coyote or fishhead that smuggled them here.

Not at all.
The left is not as greedy or material, so in general does not want or care about how much others want or get.
In fact, the left wants less so that there is less harm to the environment.
What the left wants is equitable outcome, where you gain proportionally to your effort, and not where the wealthy-do-nothing owners take 90% because they can.

Look at unions for example.
Have you ever seen a union demand equal distribution?
Never happened.
The left wants an equality of misery. That's the only you can get equality of outcome; you drag the producers down to the level of the consumers. You wind up with Soviet Russia, Cuba or Venezuela.

I just read the following article and it hit me like a ton of bricks. Actor Edward Norton recently discovered that his family history proves that his ancestors owned slaves. So, should he pay the price and personally pay reparations for the wrongdoings of his ancestors? I mean, that is what the left wants. The left want the US to pay reparations for things done in the past so why shouldn't rich people personally pay for the wrongdoings of their ancestors too? If Edward Norton isn't financially responsible for his own ancestors owning slaves then why should the US government pay reparations for the wrongdoing of our ancestors? Is the past in the past, over and done with, or, should we check the ancestry of all rich Americans and if their ancestors owned slaves, then should they pay reparations?

Notorious Black Panther communist Angela Davis faces calls to pay reparations after genealogy show reveals her ancestor was one of the 101 white Puritans who arrived in US on the Mayflower​

• Angela Davis, 79, learned that her ancestor came to the US on the Mayflower
  • The former Black Panther also discovered she had two white grandparents
  • She appeared on PBS's Finding Your Roots in an episode that aired on Tuesday
1677177389651.png

1677177411581.png

1677177426483.png

Notorious Black Panther communist Angela Davis faces calls to pay reparations after genealogy show reveals her ancestor was one of the 101 white Puritans who arrived in US on the Mayflower​

• Angela Davis, 79, learned that her ancestor came to the US on the Mayflower
  • The former Black Panther also discovered she had two white grandparents
  • She appeared on PBS's Finding Your Roots in an episode that aired on Tuesday
View attachment 759760

View attachment 759761

View attachment 759762
Oh shit. If that is really true then -------------------------------------------Oh shit.

Forum List

Back