Report: Cheney, Rice authorized waterboarding.

It would be very fair and just for those two criminals to go to prison forever.

This is beyond debate.

Then I guess you better arrest most of the top names in WW2, because US Generals, administration officials, the President (FDR) all condoned horrific actual torture against Nazis and the Japanese.

Waterboarding isn't shiz.

do you have proof of this?

No more proof than you have that the US is torturing people now. :eusa_whistle:

Then I guess you better arrest most of the top names in WW2, because US Generals, administration officials, the President (FDR) all condoned horrific actual torture against Nazis and the Japanese.

do you have proof of this?

No more proof than you have that the US is torturing people now. :eusa_whistle:

1. That argument doesn't work.

2. The documents say these two were waterboarded.

The Geneva conventions weren't held until AFTER WW2.

Nice try, though.

So it's OK to have done it before it was illegal, but it's not OK to do it after it's illegal, when the US really doesn't give a shit about international law because the US is independent and without restraint; a fully sovereign country. We do what's best for us first and only.

Nevermind international law - it's illegal in the United States.

US CODE: Title 18,2340. Definitions

The Geneva conventions weren't held until AFTER WW2.

Nice try, though.

So it's OK to have done it before it was illegal, but it's not OK to do it after it's illegal, when the US really doesn't give a shit about international law because the US is independent and without restraint; a fully sovereign country. We do what's best for us first and only.

it's okay. he's wrong. again.

The Geneva Conventions consist of four treaties formulated in Geneva, Switzerland, that set the standards for international law for humanitarian concerns. These four treaties are the basis for humanitarian law across the world.

They chiefly concern the treatment of non-combatants and prisoners of war. They do not affect the use of weapons in war, which are covered by the Hague Conventions of 1899 and 1907 and the Geneva Protocol on the use of gas and biological weapons of 1925 (The 1951 Convention Relating to the Status of Refugees is also referred to as "the Geneva Convention", but it is not part of these four).

Google

How is waterboarding torture?

Is torture suddenly anything that makes someone uncomfortable for the purpose of interrogation? Regardless if it is lethal, or even permanent in damage?

These people being interrogated are never going to be set free. Isn't life imprisonment the FIRST torture? Everything else is just gravy really.

Shed a tear for one thing but ignore another, that's the leftie way.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffjXthuNn60&feature=related[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E09P1PP3g7M&feature=related[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zW20m1-OJc&feature=related[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjoHjNCnXIs&feature=related[/ame]

Is torture suddenly anything that makes someone uncomfortable for the purpose of interrogation? Regardless if it is lethal, or even permanent in damage?

These people being interrogated are never going to be set free. Isn't life imprisonment the FIRST torture? Everything else is just gravy really.

The person who trains our Navy soldiers does not called it waterboarding. He calls it water torture. It isn't simulated drowning - it IS drowning.

183 times.

THAT is torture. Watch the fucking video I posted a few posts back and listen to this guy.

The person who trains our Navy soldiers does not called it waterboarding. He calls it water torture. It isn't simulated drowning - it IS drowning.

183 times.

THAT is torture. Watch the fucking video I posted a few posts back and listen to this guy.

I've never seen someone drown 183 times and live.

Guess what really is torture. Here we see the infamous "tar and feathering" applied to a tax collector under the infamous "Liberty Tree". Americans torturing innocent British subjects during the Revolutionary War or in this case just prior to, by pouring boiling oil onto their skin, then feathering them, the only way to remove the boiling oil would be to tear at it, causing the oil to rip off your skin.

Hmm...that was the good ol' days.

pditar&f.jpg

183 times.

hey, von clauswitz. we call them sailors in the navy.

183 times.

Guess what really is torture. Here we see the infamous "tar and feathering" applied to a tax collector under the infamous "Liberty Tree". Americans torturing innocent British subjects during the Revolutionary War or in this case just prior to, by pouring boiling oil onto their skin, then feathering them, the only way to remove the boiling oil would be to tear at it, causing the oil to rip off your skin.

pditar&f.jpg

It gives the sensation of drowning.

Frankly, I'm fed up with pussies. These people forfeited their right to a normal life when they tried to blow-up Americans, nothing is to horrible for them.

183 times.

pditar&f.jpg

I could have sword "IT IS DROWNING", I guess what's-his-name misspoke.

pditar&f.jpg

I could have sword "IT IS DROWNING", I guess what's-his-name misspoke.

could be.

Can we all reflect for a time on actual US torture techniques, such as tar and feathering.

The US used to burn people at the stake too, are we forgetting that one?

And not to mention we used to hang prisoners of war as "retribution" for the murder of US soldiers occupying territories.

I'm sure hundreds of thousands of dead POWs would choose waterboarding over their fates any day.

Frankly, I'm fed up with pussies. These people forfeited their right to a normal life when they tried to blow-up Americans, nothing is to horrible for them.

I don't disagree with you - but NO ONE IS ABOVE THE LAW!

These fucking bastards, if they planned 9/11, should be thrown in with the worst of the worst - the general population in NY high level prisons - and let them get ass raped before they go to sleep every night.

BUT - I also think, that as America, we should also prosecute and convict Cheney and Rice. NO ONE IS ABOVE THE LAW UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.

Obama would commute their sentences - they'd barely serve a day.

We need checks and balances in this country. The centralization of power during the Bush administration's tenure in Washington was disgusting and people need to go down for it.

Except Cheny and Bush were acting within the boundaries of the law. Don't you get it?

Liberals are the ones trying to charge people for crimes they never committed based on IDEOLOGY!

If what cheney and rice did was legal, how would they be prosecuted?

Except Cheny and Bush were acting within the boundaries of the law. Don't you get it?

You cannot order someone to break the law under duress. The duress being if the CIA officers did not waterboard these thugs, they would be fired. IT IS ILLEGAL TO TORTURE. Waterboarding someone 183 times IS torture.

Liberals are the ones trying to charge people for crimes they never committed based on IDEOLOGY!

Get off of your partisan horse for once. This isn't a liberal vs. conservative argument. If Clinton should've been removed from office and sent to jail for breaking such a minor law as perjury, then what the hell do you think should happen to someone who tortures someone else? IT IS ILLEGAL.

I know waterboarding is torture - because I did it myself

I know waterboarding is torture - because I did it myself

By MALCOLM NANCE
Wednesday, October 31st 2007, 10:52 PM
Be Our Guest
Last week, attorney general nominee Judge Michael Mukasey dodged the question of whether waterboarding terror suspects is necessarily torture. Americans can disagree as to whether or not this should disqualify him for the top job in the Justice Department. But they should be under no illusions about what waterboarding is.
As a former master instructor and chief of training at the U.S. Navy Survival, Evasion, Resistance and Escape School (SERE) in San Diego, I know the waterboard personally and intimately. Our staff was required to undergo the waterboard at its fullest. I was no exception.
I have personally led, witnessed and supervised waterboarding of hundreds of people. It has been reported that both the Army and Navy SERE school's interrogation manuals were used to form the interrogation techniques employed by the Army and the CIA for its terror suspects. What is less frequently reported is that our training was designed to show how an evil totalitarian enemy would use torture at the slightest whim.
Having been subjected to this technique, I can say: It is risky but not entirely dangerous when applied in training for a very short period. However, when performed on an unsuspecting prisoner, waterboarding is a torture technique - without a doubt. There is no way to sugarcoat it.

Forum List

Back