Reps Frank and Paul to introduce bill ending federal mary jane prohibition

Oh and get people out of jail who were busted for an ounce or two. Seriously, there are people doing years for 2 oz.'s.

The worst thing about putting users behind bars is that they come out worse than when they went in, in many cases. They are harder to employ and they become a long term detriment to society. Going to prison rarely turns people's lives around for the better. We have seen this over and over again. That doesn't mean that we should not imprison real criminals, but sending non-violent offenders there turns many of them into something much worse.

And then some. :clap2:

I for one hope weed is NEVER legalized hahaha!!!

Why? Just spite. I get so much enjoyment from hearing potheads whine and cry about legalizing weed. It has become the #1 issue in their freakin lives. The Russians and Chinese could each launch nuclear bombs towards us, and while in mid-flight, seeing CNN running "Nuclear Attack Imminent" warnings, the potheads would still be crying "Legalize it maaaan!!!"

Screw potheads. In fact, pot use is equal to a credit check. Call it a social credit check. Sure, it's mostly harmless. But it's illegal. Do you show enough respect to laws and rules to follow them, even if you don't like them? If not, then your social credit score is low my friend!!!

If you aren't likely to respect a rule that could land you in jail, how likely are you to respect a law of my workplace? Not likely. If you're a pot smoker, I have no place for you on my payroll.

Spoken like a true authoritarian statist well on their way to becoming a full blown fascist. Good job.

Oh and get people out of jail who were busted for an ounce or two. Seriously, there are people doing years for 2 oz.'s.

The worst thing about putting users behind bars is that they come out worse than when they went in, in many cases. They are harder to employ and they become a long term detriment to society. Going to prison rarely turns people's lives around for the better. We have seen this over and over again. That doesn't mean that we should not imprison real criminals, but sending non-violent offenders there turns many of them into something much worse.

And then some. :clap2:

Yup. Phi-Kapa-Felon is the joke they use for prison.

I want someone to tell me how a person who advocates for taking power away from the federal gov't and giving it to the states, as well as removing a huge amount of spending, makes someone a "lib"?

I want someone to tell me how a person who advocates for taking power away from the federal gov't and giving it to the states, as well as removing a huge amount of spending, makes someone a "lib"?

Isn't that the Jeffersonian view? And wasn't he a liberal? :cool:

*ducks and runs for cover from all the 'classical' liberals aren't modern liberals rants*

....Like....after lunch??!!!

:eusa_whistle:

They tell their Secretaries to "hold" their calls.​

maybe were you work you stupid ass......but then working in a slaughter house does that to ya......
Yeah, Skippy.....that's what I'm.....

Get back to me, when you're old-enough to work a full-time-job....in a "professional"-environment.

106.gif

sorry this one i could not read......to many colors......acid flashback......im sure a dildo like you understands......

I agree with the Dr. on this issue but the timing of this does seem to be a bit off. Much more important things to address. This can wait. And it obviously wont help him in the Nomination process either. So i do agree with him but he really did screw the pooch on the timing of this.

Isn't that the Jeffersonian view? And wasn't he a liberal? :cool:

*ducks and runs for cover from all the 'classical' liberals aren't modern liberals rants*

Lol, but hey I'm just pointing out hypocrisy.

"Keep government out of my closet full of guns! But hey my neighbor has an unregulated plant in his closet, GET HIM!!!"

Disclaimer: I'm pro gun ownership

I agree with the Dr. on this issue but the timing of this does seem to be a bit off. Much more important things to address. This can wait. And it obviously wont help him in the Nomination process either. So i do agree with him but he really did screw the pooch on the timing of this.

The timing of rational legislation is always good.

You know what's weird, even though weed creates the munchies and all that, I've never actually met a fat stoner. It's not logical, but... :dunno:

Not necessarily illogical, just an improbable toss of the dice actually. There are plenty of fat stoners.

you being one im sure......right Tubby?.....

Wrong again.

But wipe your tears and hang in there skippy, things will eventually work out for you I'm sure. :thup:

As much as I agree with the legalization of pot, aren't there more pressing things? Like, I dunno, $14,000,000,000,000 debt and whatnot?

Maybe they are hoping that by passing this legislation that we will all be too high to even notice the bad debt they have gotten us into.

As much as I agree with the legalization of pot, aren't there more pressing things? Like, I dunno, $14,000,000,000,000 debt and whatnot?

Maybe they are hoping that by passing this legislation that we will all be too high to even notice the bad debt they have gotten us into.

Collectively, the three conservative, right-wing administrations of Reagan, Bush I and Bush II contributed $9.3 trillion to the debt.

Is this who you were referring to?

yeah, the debt that Bush got started with his crew just before he left office ? Do not try and say he and his boys are innocent in this mess. Its dishonest.

I think it's the perfect time. He's fighting for our freedoms (whether we choose to exercise them or not). I don't think the government should have the right to tell an adult what they can and cannot do in the privacy of their own home.

Not to mention this would be a HUGE cut on government spending:

-court time in trials for marijuana
-less prisoners for a non-violent crime that doesn't effect anybody else, except themselves.
-much less dea raids, and searching via helicopters for fields growing pot

Then you can add money income:

-take it like you tax tobacco and alcohol.

This isn't mentioning taking a lot of power away from gangs and drug cartels. Or the fact that it would create more jobs.

I think it would go a long way towards solving our biggest problem in this country: our economy.

Not necessarily illogical, just an improbable toss of the dice actually. There are plenty of fat stoners.

you being one im sure......right Tubby?.....

Wrong again.

But wipe your tears and hang in there skippy, things will eventually work out for you I'm sure. :thup:
things have worked out great for me.....you im not so sure......i just hope you took the wrapping off those suppositories before you inserted them....

I'm not so sure. Ron Paul will never with the Republican nomination as long as the old guard is running the show (and make no mistake, they're still firmly in control). It's my suspicion, or at the very least my fervent hope, that Dr. Paul will do things a bit differently this time around. I'd like to see him ride out the bulk of the Republican primary season - using it as an opportunity to draw real contrast between himself and the corporatist, authoritarian tools that make up the rest of the party. Then, at the peak of his run, bail on the Republicans and launch a full fledged effort at creating a strong third party in the US. He still wouldn't with the election, but he just might make a big enough splash to reach critical mass and leave us with an independent party that can make real inroads in the future.

Last edited:
I agree with Paul and Frank on this, it should be a State issue not a Federal issue. If the states want to make it legal or illegal then that's their choice.

You want we should wait another friggen 30 plus years for them to legalize something that never should have been made illegal in the first place?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back