Republican bill stops funding to states issuing DL's to illegals

In general, auto insurance follows the car not the driver.

Not in my state. When I had to have my vehicle serviced at Toyota, I rent one of their cars for convenience. All I have to do is show them I'm insured, and we're set. I rent the car and I don't have to inform my insurance company of what's going on.
I lot of dealerships offer free car rental while your car is being serviced, the dealer is paying for auto insurance or is self insured.

No, they are not. Those are extra charges. I remember the first time I rented a car there, and I didn't have proof of insurance. Luckily my agent was still in his office to fax over a copy of my policy. But I was told if I didn't have proof of insurance, it would cost me another forty bucks or so to have me insured through them.

It's the same if I borrow a car from somebody. If I get into an accident, I'm covered by my insurance.

I'll have to disagree with you on this one. The US allows nearly a million people a year to join our country and become citizens. Plus we hand out 50,000 Visa's and green cards a year. No other country does more for other people outside their borders than the US. I think that's more than enough.
Agree, but as you could see, I said only if it is done right. That includes everything in doing it right.

There is no immigration problem on an administrative level. The only immigration problem we have are those who get into this country illegally, and then allow the Democrats to pander to them. Then they tell us these people are not illegally voting. HELLO! Politicians don't cater to people that don't vote for them, they cater to people that do. Of course they know the illegals are voting Democrat.
Everywhere there are legal immigrants from the south, there are illegal immigrants among them. IF the Democrats are "pandering," they are pandering to the legal immigrants who are friends/relatives of the illegals that they will vote to treat decently. Of course they don't want to see them deported. You wouldn't either. The vast majority of illegals would never get close to a polling place. Too risky.

I do agree that registering to vote at the Dept. of Motor Vehicles when you go to renew your license or whatever is a stupid idea that should be discontinued. Go to your town office and register, providing proof of citizenship. Citizenship is not necessary for a DL; a green card will do.
I'm pretty sure our maid is undocumented. I certain would not want to see her deported. She is hard working, reliable, supports her 3 kids without any government assistance. I'm not saying all illegals in the country are like her but many are.

I believe the biggest problem posed by illegal immigrants is not they are stealing jobs from Americans, are committing serious crimes, or living off welfare. It's that they can not assimilate into society. They tend to keep to themselves out fear of being discovered, are often victims or crimes and don't report criminal activity. They don't vote, participate in civic activities, or report problems in the community to anyone so their neighborhoods are often the worst in the city. Most of their children are raised in poverty, have relative poor educations and add to Americans social problems as adults.

All of which could be solved by kicking them out of the country, and preventing them coming here in the first place.

Your liberal friends here want to see you thrown in prison. If you highly suspect your maid is here illegally and not reporting her, then you sir are a criminal according to them.
To do that conservatives would have to assume permanent control of Washington or democrats would have to do an about face in regard to immigration, both of which are extremely unlikely.

Agree, but as you could see, I said only if it is done right. That includes everything in doing it right.

There is no immigration problem on an administrative level. The only immigration problem we have are those who get into this country illegally, and then allow the Democrats to pander to them. Then they tell us these people are not illegally voting. HELLO! Politicians don't cater to people that don't vote for them, they cater to people that do. Of course they know the illegals are voting Democrat.
Everywhere there are legal immigrants from the south, there are illegal immigrants among them. IF the Democrats are "pandering," they are pandering to the legal immigrants who are friends/relatives of the illegals that they will vote to treat decently. Of course they don't want to see them deported. You wouldn't either. The vast majority of illegals would never get close to a polling place. Too risky.

I do agree that registering to vote at the Dept. of Motor Vehicles when you go to renew your license or whatever is a stupid idea that should be discontinued. Go to your town office and register, providing proof of citizenship. Citizenship is not necessary for a DL; a green card will do.
I'm pretty sure our maid is undocumented. I certain would not want to see her deported. She is hard working, reliable, supports her 3 kids without any government assistance. I'm not saying all illegals in the country are like her but many are.

I believe the biggest problem posed by illegal immigrants is not they are stealing jobs from Americans, are committing serious crimes, or living off welfare. It's that they can not assimilate into society. They tend to keep to themselves out fear of being discovered, are often victims or crimes and don't report criminal activity. They don't vote, participate in civic activities, or report problems in the community to anyone so their neighborhoods are often the worst in the city. Most of their children are raised in poverty, have relative poor educations and add to Americans social problems as adults.

All of which could be solved by kicking them out of the country, and preventing them coming here in the first place.

Your liberal friends here want to see you thrown in prison. If you highly suspect your maid is here illegally and not reporting her, then you sir are a criminal according to them.
To do that conservatives would have to assume permanent control of Washington or democrats would have to do an about face in regard to immigration, both of which are extremely unlikely.

Perhaps, but as we load the courts with our judges that won't stop Trump's policies, as Trump develops very intelligent and successful ways to get around the Democrats and retard illegal immigration, we're getting closer and closer to our goals all the time.

I'll have to disagree with you on this one. The US allows nearly a million people a year to join our country and become citizens. Plus we hand out 50,000 Visa's and green cards a year. No other country does more for other people outside their borders than the US. I think that's more than enough.

Always the liberals' fault, eh? Well, the business owners who hire the illegals never seem to get arrested, do they? one link below. Even trump was hiring illegals and might still be doing it. Maybe he should have himself arrested to serve as an example. Illegal immigration is just something trump decided to run on same has his pretending he's a christian, reads the bible, etc.
Hundreds Of Employees Were Arrested In An ICE Raid. The Bosses Went Home Without A Charge.

Not in my state. When I had to have my vehicle serviced at Toyota, I rent one of their cars for convenience. All I have to do is show them I'm insured, and we're set. I rent the car and I don't have to inform my insurance company of what's going on.
I lot of dealerships offer free car rental while your car is being serviced, the dealer is paying for auto insurance or is self insured.

No, they are not. Those are extra charges. I remember the first time I rented a car there, and I didn't have proof of insurance. Luckily my agent was still in his office to fax over a copy of my policy. But I was told if I didn't have proof of insurance, it would cost me another forty bucks or so to have me insured through them.

It's the same if I borrow a car from somebody. If I get into an accident, I'm covered by my insurance.
I have no idea what your insurance policy says but my insurance on my cars covers anyone that has permission to drive. I had a wreck in my daughter's car a few year ago and her car insurance paid not mine. If you have non-owner car insurance, I suppose it would cover you but I really don't know anything about that kind of insurance.

My Hyundai dealer where I have one of our cars serviced provides me with a free rental. I'm sure the cost of the rental is built into their pricing, however since I will take my car there anyway, I don't care.

Perhaps, but as we load the courts with our judges that won't stop Trump's policies, as Trump develops very intelligent and successful ways to get around the Democrats and retard illegal immigration, we're getting closer and closer to our goals all the time.
Yet with all the smoke mirrors concerning Trump's promise to send illegals back home, he still is not matching Obama record of deportations.
Why Trump Has Deported Fewer Immigrants Than Obama

BTW, Trump success in packing the courts with his people has not worked that well which is to their credit. Despite the idea that judges obey their political master, most judges attempt to be fair and impartial when rendering verdicts regardless of who appointed them. Federal judges can not be fired and thus have a great deal of freedom in making their ruling. They can only be removed by impeachment in the House and conviction in the Senate.

I have no idea what your insurance policy says but my insurance on my cars covers anyone that has permission to drive. I had a wreck in my daughter's car a few year ago and her car insurance paid not mine. If you have non-owner car insurance, I suppose it would cover you but I really don't know anything about that kind of insurance.

My Hyundai dealer where I have one of our cars serviced provides me with a free rental. I'm sure the cost of the rental is built into their pricing, however since I will take my car there anyway, I don't care.

No, I think you're wrong there. Your insurance had to cover the accident because the insurance is with the driver, not the car. For instance, if you let me borrow your car, and I go out drinking and get into an accident, your insurance will not cover me because they didn't check me out first. I may not even have a drivers license for all you know because it was suspended for so many DUI violations. An insurance company cannot cover anybody that drives your vehicle. It could be too much of a loss for them.

I don't know about your dealership, but I know mine. Even if after the repair they waive the car rental, it was still on my insurance policy. Next time you get a car from them, ask about it.

If they have a driver's license, they have had some drivers education and they can buy auto insurance which benefits everyone. The GOP's attempt to keep driver's licenses out of the hands of illegal immigrants is just plain stupid.

Each State is different. Here, there is no law that says you have one second of Drivers Education. If you are over a certain age, you only have to pass a written test and a road test and Presto, Chango. Plus, you have to have Insurance to bind your license to. What idiot Insurance Company would give insurance to an illegal before they passed their DL test? In order to get that insurance, the Insured would have to lie out his ass to get it. That means, when or if he does have an accident involving you, his insurance won't pay off a dime since it was obtain fraudulently. That means, even offering the DL to an Illegal doesn't protect you any better than if they were driving with no DL or insurance.
All auto insurance that I am familiar with requires a valid US drivers license. And they do check it. A few years ago I applied for auto insurance and made a mistake on my driver's license number. They came back immediately and denied coverage. I called the company and gave them my correct drivers licence number and the problem was solved.

If allowing undocumented immigrants to have drivers licenses and it increases the number of trained and insured drivers, I'm all far. I'm OK with the goverment enforcing immigration laws but I don't see how denying drivers license will help.

The same way it helps Americans. It's a perk. It's an attraction that's added to the list of attractions Democrats provide to lure them here.
If they enter the country illegally, they expose themselves to significant dangers and if caught lose their ability to enter the country legally. They don't qualify for any federal benefits programs, and in most states can't take advantage of police protection without exposing themselves. So now illegal immigrants come to the US to get a drivers license. You do realize most of them can get drivers licenses in their home country.

I don't see how that's relevant here. If they come here and drop babies they can't afford, who do you think takes care of them? That's right, the US taxpayers. It's the same with education. The illegals don't pay for the education of their children, we taxpayers do via property tax, at least in my state. But no matter how it's funded, it's not being funded by them in many cases.

As for police, that's the excuse most people on the left give me about sanctuary cities and states. They have told me that by not cooperating with ICE, it gives illegals the ability to confide in police without ramifications. As for myself, I think that's as phony of a concern as safety on our roads by licensing them. They are just looking for excuses to keep and protect them here.

When NY announced that they will provide illegals with drivers licenses, they had videos of DMV's in NYC with lines a mile long outside of illegals. They didn't seem very coy or scared to me. Some of them waiving at the cameras.

The most disturbing part of this is that once they have a drivers license from a state that permits illegals to drive, they can drive to any state that don't want them driving. It's why one poster suggested that perhaps the way to combat this is for other states to not grant reciprocity. From now on, you can't drive in my state of Ohio with a NY license unless they get rid of handing them out to illegals.
The illegals have been the biggest subsidy for the wealthy business class in this country since sliced bread, and they know how to roll everything down onto the taxpayers with the help of their subservient government officials who make it all work out for them.

We are the ones who got fooled by it all, and ended up subsidizing the rich by allowing it all to just go on right in front of our eyes.

But, but, but "hey we need workers that will work doing the jobs the drugged up out of their minds American's won't do anymore".

True, but who destroyed our youth, and caused them to think that work was some kind of ameba, and that they were just to smart to go anywhere near it anymore ?

Yet with all the smoke mirrors concerning Trump's promise to send illegals back home, he still is not matching Obama record of deportations.
Why Trump Has Deported Fewer Immigrants Than Obama

BTW, Trump success in packing the courts with his people has not worked that well which is to their credit. Despite the idea that judges obey their political master, most judges attempt to be fair and impartial when rendering verdicts regardless who appointed them.

No, I didn't mean for courts to go in Trump's favor simply because he's Trump, but the leftist courts have went against him because he's Trump. So when I talk about Trump's judges, I mean judges that are not political activists or practices judicial legislation.

Obama's deportation record: inside the numbers - CNNPolitics

Each State is different. Here, there is no law that says you have one second of Drivers Education. If you are over a certain age, you only have to pass a written test and a road test and Presto, Chango. Plus, you have to have Insurance to bind your license to. What idiot Insurance Company would give insurance to an illegal before they passed their DL test? In order to get that insurance, the Insured would have to lie out his ass to get it. That means, when or if he does have an accident involving you, his insurance won't pay off a dime since it was obtain fraudulently. That means, even offering the DL to an Illegal doesn't protect you any better than if they were driving with no DL or insurance.
All auto insurance that I am familiar with requires a valid US drivers license. And they do check it. A few years ago I applied for auto insurance and made a mistake on my driver's license number. They came back immediately and denied coverage. I called the company and gave them my correct drivers licence number and the problem was solved.

If allowing undocumented immigrants to have drivers licenses and it increases the number of trained and insured drivers, I'm all far. I'm OK with the goverment enforcing immigration laws but I don't see how denying drivers license will help.

The same way it helps Americans. It's a perk. It's an attraction that's added to the list of attractions Democrats provide to lure them here.
If they enter the country illegally, they expose themselves to significant dangers and if caught lose their ability to enter the country legally. They don't qualify for any federal benefits programs, and in most states can't take advantage of police protection without exposing themselves. So now illegal immigrants come to the US to get a drivers license. You do realize most of them can get drivers licenses in their home country.

I don't see how that's relevant here. If they come here and drop babies they can't afford, who do you think takes care of them? That's right, the US taxpayers. It's the same with education. The illegals don't pay for the education of their children, we taxpayers do via property tax, at least in my state. But no matter how it's funded, it's not being funded by them in many cases.

As for police, that's the excuse most people on the left give me about sanctuary cities and states. They have told me that by not cooperating with ICE, it gives illegals the ability to confide in police without ramifications. As for myself, I think that's as phony of a concern as safety on our roads by licensing them. They are just looking for excuses to keep and protect them here.

When NY announced that they will provide illegals with drivers licenses, they had videos of DMV's in NYC with lines a mile long outside of illegals. They didn't seem very coy or scared to me. Some of them waiving at the cameras.

The most disturbing part of this is that once they have a drivers license from a state that permits illegals to drive, they can drive to any state that don't want them driving. It's why one poster suggested that perhaps the way to combat this is for other states to not grant reciprocity. From now on, you can't drive in my state of Ohio with a NY license unless they get rid of handing them out to illegals.
The illegals have been the biggest subsidy for the wealthy business class in this country since sliced bread, and they know how to roll everything down onto the taxpayers with the help of their subservient government officials who make it all work out for them.

We are the ones who got fooled by it all, and ended up subsidizing the rich by allowing it all to just go on right in front of our eyes.

But, but, but "hey we need workers that will work doing the jobs the drugged up out of their minds American's won't do anymore".

True, but who destroyed our youth, and caused them to think that work was some kind of ameba, and that they were just to smart to go anywhere near it anymore ?

No, I think we were well aware of the Republicans looking out for businesses that hire illegals. That's why we voted Trump in. Now the establishment is pissed of course, and it's my hope that after Trump does leave the White House, they come to the realization that yes, we will turn on them if they don't carry out our will.

Republicans in the House and the Senate are introducing legislation that would block federal funds from states that allow illegal immigrants to obtain driver’s licenses -- the latest move in an escalating fight over “sanctuary” laws.

The Stop Greenlighting Driver Licenses for Illegal Immigrants Act would block funds to sanctuary states -- which limit local cooperation with federal immigration authorities -- and those that give licenses to illegal immigrants. Specifically, it would halt Justice Department (DOJ) grants, in particular those awarded under the Edward Byrne Memorial Justice Assistance Grant, which is a top source of federal criminal justice funding for states.

The bicameral legislation comes amid a growing fight over sanctuary legislation. The Trump administration has been attempting to highlight attention to the dangers of the policy and has been shining light on cases whereby illegal immigrants have killed Americans.

“The United States of America should be a sanctuary for law-abiding Americans, not criminal aliens,” Trump said at his State of the Union address last week. Read more:

Republicans introduce bill to pull funds from states that give driver's licenses to illegal immigrants

Of course this is common sense legislation, but as we all know, Democrats lack that gift. They would rather see American business people locked up behind bars because their claim is those employers attract illegals to our country, but making them comfortable by issuing drivers licenses so they can get drunk and kill Americans is not luring them in.

With the Democrat House, it stands no chance of passing. But if there is a turnover in leadership after next election, I do hope Republicans don't let this bill remain defeated as they did with Kate's Law never to bring it up again. We'll see.
Lol good luck with that, snowflakes
Snowflakes aren’t going to like that, they’re all for illegals taking American jobs

No, I think you're wrong there. Your insurance had to cover the accident because the insurance is with the driver, not the car. For instance, if you let me borrow your car, and I go out drinking and get into an accident, your insurance will not cover me because they didn't check me out first. I may not even have a drivers license for all you know because it was suspended for so many DUI violations. An insurance company cannot cover anybody that drives your vehicle. It could be too much of a loss for them.

I don't know about your dealership, but I know mine. Even if after the repair they waive the car rental, it was still on my insurance policy. Next time you get a car from them, ask about it.

Read the following:
If you give any non-excluded driver (that is, someone you don't explicitly exclude on your policy) permission to take the wheel, your car insurance takes primary coverage status, which means that your car insurance would be primarily liable if something happens. The permitted driver's own insurance would serve as secondary coverage. So, for instance, if you loan your car to your best friend Drew and he causes an accident, you'll have to file a claim with your insurer, pay the deductible, and possibly expect a rate increase. If Drew has auto insurance, he might be responsible for any personal liability and medical expenses. Additionally, his coverage might have to step in if the limits of your policy have already been reached.
Myth: Car Insurance Follows the Driver | Esurance

Always the liberals' fault, eh? Well, the business owners who hire the illegals never seem to get arrested, do they? one link below. Even trump was hiring illegals and might still be doing it. Maybe he should have himself arrested to serve as an example. Illegal immigration is just something trump decided to run on same has his pretending he's a christian, reads the bible, etc.
Hundreds Of Employees Were Arrested In An ICE Raid. The Bosses Went Home Without A Charge.

Trump has done ten times more than DumBama when it comes to policies to keep the illegals out, and they are working too. A 75% decrease in border crossings since last May. Now he's tackling the Birther Tourism problem, and also created policy to stop immigrants likely to end up on our welfare rolls from getting a green card of Visa.

No, I think we were well aware of the Republicans looking out for businesses that hire illegals. That's why we voted Trump in. Now the establishment is pissed of course, and it's my hope that after Trump does leave the White House, they come to the realization that yes, we will turn on them if they don't carry out our will.
Turn on them at the ballot box, it's the only way, but it goes way beyond the illegals.

At current the issue is the problem with these Democrats, and what needs to be done at the ballot box about that.

Can't be distracted, and that is what the game is gonna be up unto the election... Distract, distract, and distract, is the game. Beware of the games.

Read the following:
If you give any non-excluded driver (that is, someone you don't explicitly exclude on your policy) permission to take the wheel, your car insurance takes primary coverage status, which means that your car insurance would be primarily liable if something happens. The permitted driver's own insurance would serve as secondary coverage. So, for instance, if you loan your car to your best friend Drew and he causes an accident, you'll have to file a claim with your insurer, pay the deductible, and possibly expect a rate increase. If Drew has auto insurance, he might be responsible for any personal liability and medical expenses. Additionally, his coverage might have to step in if the limits of your policy have already been reached.

I found a site that says similar, but different. Here is what is says:

Liability Coverage
Liability insurance coverage on a personal auto policy follows the driver no matter whose vehicle is being operated, provided it is an eligible vehicle. All states, except for one (New Hampshire), require at least liability coverage. Liability coverage protects the insured (i.e., follows the driver) when the insured operates a vehicle owned by someone else. In such a situation, they will still usually be covered under their own auto insurance policy. However, the best rule of thumb in looking for coverage under a policy is to begin with the exclusions.

Comprehensive and Collision
Comprehensive and collision auto insurance coverage, on the other hand, are tied to the insured vehicle (they follow the car). These coverages pay for damage that befalls the insured vehicle as a result of an accident or vandalism. One could say that if you loan your vehicle, you loan your insurance. With comprehensive insurance which covers almost everything, it is the car rather than the driver that is covered. This, however, requires many stipulations to be put in place, such as who is allowed to drive the car. If someone other than the insured is driving a vehicle covered by comprehensive coverage and is not listed as a covered driver – even if the other person has permission – the other person might not be covered in an accident.

Does Automobile Insurance Follow the Car or the Driver?

So maybe it's just a matter of who you're dealing with. Like I said, my Toyota dealership will not give you the keys to one of their rentals unless you show proof of insurance, or you buy their insurance policy.

Read the following:
Mine follows me, so you’re just fkd in the head son. Wtf happened to you fking leftists all sense of value left you

Legally, you would be aiding and abetting a crime. Yes, catch them and kick them out. But you also want to remove the available jobs for them as well to remove the temptation. And how do we do this? Adhere to the LAW. You know, that funny little thing that you rtwingnutjobs think you are above when it suits you.

We're doing what we can by having business raids and arresting the illegals, but we can't force companies to obey the laws. Companies hire big time lawyers. If they get caught, let the lawyers handle it. The best way to stop them from getting hired is them not being here in the first place.

Are you saying that if the Employer is caught aiding and abetting that he should be ignored so that he can continue with the next batch after his first batch is arrested by ICE? The only thing that did was to encourage more to enter the US illegally because they have a ready made job waiting for them.

I never said that at all. I made reference to Floppers situation.

What happens is after a bust, the prosecutor has to prove to the court that the employer knowingly hired illegals, which is very difficult to do. It's hard to prove that the employer had knowledge of their legal status. If the prosecutor has no evidence to show the courts, it doesn't even make sense to prosecute it. Even in employers cases, they are innocent until proven guilty.

It's kind of like if a prosecutor had to prove you did not fear for your life or serious bodily harm if you used deadly force. How is a prosecutor supposed to prove what you were thinking at the time?

I may be incorrect by this, but I've never seen an industry get busted twice for hiring illegals. After the first time, they either quit practicing those hiring policies or made extra effort to make sure they were not hiring illegal aliens.

Then we need an accurate DB system to draw from. The SS system should be a good one. Yes, I know, some jinx the system but most of the illegals don't. They get hired without a decent SS and the only way a employer can justify that is to know they are illegals. It's pretty simple. And if they discover later they are illegal, turn them over to ice. If the Employer is making the effort then you can't really prosecute him. But most don't even make the effort. They just reap the benefits. The system is there for them to prevent hiring illegals.

They love public transportation any way so the DL fraud is mostly so they can commit other frauds in order to be more entrenched.

It's to make voter fraud more confusing to detect and harder to prosecute. If an illegal goes to the library (or wherever) to deliberately try and register to vote, he or she will get turned away. If they allow the person to register and they get caught, it's a criminal case.

If they automatically register you to vote while getting a drivers license, and a DMV worker registered an illegal, it's easy to claim it was an honest mistake. If the illegal gets caught voting, they can claim ignorance of the law. Their DL said they could vote, so they voted.

There is that danger. But mostly, in my mind is rewarding them for being here illegal and giving them something a Citizen takes for granted.

Trump has done ten times more than DumBama when it comes to policies to keep the illegals out, and they are working too. A 75% decrease in border crossings since last May. Now he's tackling the Birther Tourism problem, and also created policy to stop immigrants likely to end up on our welfare rolls from getting a green card of Visa.
If illegal immigrants end up receiving federal welfare, then it is Mr Trump's responsible to see that that does not happen because it is a violation federal law.

If you put enough troops, national guard, and border patrolmen on the border you can stop people from crossing the border illegally. That does not solve the illegal immigration problem by a long shot. The number in the US is practically the same as when Trump took office.

The fact remains, Obama did deport more people than Trump.
Trump isn't matching Obama deportation numbers - Axios

Last edited:

If illegal immigrants end up receiving federal welfare, then it is Mr Trump's responsible to see that that does not happen because it is a violation federal law.

If you put enough troops, national guard, and border patrolmen on the border you can stop people from crossing the border illegally. That does not solve the illegal immigration problem by a long shot. The number in the US is practically the same as when Trump took office.

The fact remains, Obama did deport more people than Trump.
Trump isn't matching Obama deportation numbers - Axios

We can't station troops at our border forever. And I never said they collect welfare, but their kids do. Trump can't stop that. Could you imagine even if he could, how the MSM would go nuts if some illegal immigrant kid would starve to death or not be treated at an emergency room? Look at all the grief the left gave him about kids dying at the border, and they did everything they could to save the kids.

A wall does the work of troops. But again, the Democrats are so hell bent against it because they would not be able to remove it once it's erected. Border walls and fences work everywhere they are tried. They will work here as well.

Forum List

Back