Republican Congressman Doesn't See It? Or Simply Doesn't Want To!

It is NOT POSSIBLE to discriminate against someone because of their sexual preference, unless the subject expresses that preference overtly.

I have been through scores of job (and other) interviews in my rapidly fading life, and I was NEVER asked my sexual preference. In fact it NEVER came up.

I have been discriminated against because of my religion, my age, and my employment record, which has been dictated by at least half a dozen layoffs and company closures.

And yet I survived.

And now that I WANT TO BE LAID OFF, the bastards see me as indispensable.

Ironic, isn't it?

Well good for you. I had to disclose my marital status for a job I was applying for because it required a background investigation. I was the top candidate. The head hunters were calling me every day to find out if my BI had been scheduled since they wanted me to start right away. Until a year prior to that I had maintained a Top Secret security clearance in the military. The only thing that had changed in that year was the fact that I retired from the military and got a Civil Union with my longtime partner.

After my BI in which I disclosed the name and gender of my spouse, I received no more calls and mine were not returned.

But it's really not about not being hired if your'e gay, it's about not being fired because you're gay.

Has your employer ever known YOUR marital status? Should it be grounds for dismissal? How about your religion? Should it be grounds for dismissal?

Gee, maybe it was because you lied to the military.

68% of Americans support the passing of the Employee Non Discrimination Act...it's hard to get 68% of Americans to agree on anything, but that doesn't matter to the GOP in Congress.

Republicans came up with the slogan "Just say No" for the "Drug War"...then they went and applied it as their platform to anything and everything.
I'll bet only a fraction of people could articulate what the law is. If it sounds hip many will be for it. Like initiatives in front of a supermarket, sounds cool so they sign, without even reading the legislation. The GOP has been way too liberal, to you anything less than everything you want is an outrage.

How many people have been fired once their employer suspected they were gay?

Have you read ENDA? From you posts about "quotas", I'd say not.

68% of Americans support the passing of the Employee Non Discrimination Act...it's hard to get 68% of Americans to agree on anything, but that doesn't matter to the GOP in Congress.

Republicans came up with the slogan "Just say No" for the "Drug War"...then they went and applied it as their platform to anything and everything.
I'll bet only a fraction of people could articulate what the law is. If it sounds hip many will be for it. Like initiatives in front of a supermarket, sounds cool so they sign, without even reading the legislation. The GOP has been way too liberal, to you anything less than everything you want is an outrage.

How many people have been fired once their employer suspected they were gay?

Have you read ENDA? From you posts about "quotas", I'd say not.
Your post is a non sequitur. Hell, your life is a non sequitur.

That is correct. I did not get hired for the job when they found out I was gay. It happens.

Never did I say that someone should get the job because they are gay I said they should not be fired because they are gay. Try reading what I type without the Fox filter on your eyes.
Sure that's what you said. Try to understand your words. You don't know that's why you weren't hired, you think that. You, like most lesbians I've ever met have a very confrontational attitude. I would surmise it was that, rather any any sexual orientation that came across in the interview. You insert your bias as a fact, any top job interviewer is going to spot that a mile off.

Just yesterday a lesbian couple parked next to me, got in their car to drive off. She parked after me but made a big production of getting out of the spot. Forwards and backwards, maybe 4 times to finally get out. I was in my truck and she was cutting glances at me like it was my fault. The funny part is that there were 4 empty spots behind us, all she had to do was back the fuck up a few more feet. She saw problems were there were none but used the opportunity to try to make a guy look bad.

A law like you favor would put pressure on a company, especially governments, to hire X number of gays to prove they weren't discriminating. Maybe someone African American came along and they wanted to fill a racial quota? Or Native American. Or maybe better qualified or better suited for the position?

That is correct. I did not get hired for the job when they found out I was gay. It happens.

Never did I say that someone should get the job because they are gay I said they should not be fired because they are gay. Try reading what I type without the Fox filter on your eyes.
Sure that's what you said. Try to understand your words. You don't know that's why you weren't hired, you think that. You, like most lesbians I've ever met have a very confrontational attitude. I would surmise it was that, rather any any sexual orientation that came across in the interview. You insert your bias as a fact, any top job interviewer is going to spot that a mile off.

Just yesterday a lesbian couple parked next to me, got in their car to drive off. She parked after me but made a big production of getting out of the spot. Forwards and backwards, maybe 4 times to finally get out. I was in my truck and she was cutting glances at me like it was my fault. The funny part is that there were 4 empty spots behind us, all she had to do was back the fuck up a few more feet. She saw problems were there were none but used the opportunity to try to make a guy look bad.

A law like you favor would put pressure on a company, especially governments, to hire X number of gays to prove they weren't discriminating. Maybe someone African American came along and they wanted to fill a racial quota? Or Native American. Or maybe better qualified or better suited for the position?

Or someone who didnt have a history of lying to an employer?

Homosexuality is a mental disorder stemming from extreme narcissism. They need help, not protection.

Among the many troubles associated with "non-discrimination" laws are the following:

There is no legally tenable definition of "homosexual." Is a celibate homosexual a homosexual? Is a person in prison who engages in same-sex sodomy a homosexual? Is an effeminate man who may be percieved as homosexual covered by such legislation? Is a married man who consorts with "boyfriends" on weekends and vacations homosexual?

What is to prevent any person terminated for any reason to later claim he is homosexual, or was perceived as such, and that's why he got fired?

Essentially all evidence of discrimination against homosexuals is anecdotal. Statistically, homosexual couples are doing better financially than heterosexual couples in the same demographic groups (age, education). I suspect the unemployment rate for homosexuals - if such a thing could ever be measured - is quite a bit better than the unemployment rate for heterosexuals, because few of them have the same baggage (spouses, kids).

Bad things happen when you try to solve problems that either don't exist, or are so poorly defined that they cannot be quantified.

Who are these employers would would discriminate against an apparently-normal person who happens to be homosexual? But walk into an HR office looking like a freak of nature and your chances could be harmed. Got nothing to do with whom you sleep with.

homosexuals are just the worst victims in life aren't they?

they can't get through life without whining about something

you'd think they were all children

They were somebody's children. Why do right wingers hate other people's children?

They were somebody's children. Why do right wingers hate other people's children?

The 9/11 hijackers were someone's children. Why do you hate someone's children?
Oh wait, you dont.

He's right. You, as usual, have your head up your ass. There is no reason to discriminate against anyone except on the basis of gross incompetence and unacceptable behavior. Of course gays are prime for both of those things.
You know, if you really are a Rabbi you no doubt are a real Shame to the religion.

Translation: Yeah, you're right and I'm just a fag.
Wrong! You are all about not denouncing bigotry, hate, prejudice and discrimination. No doubt it would be truly hard for others to see you as a real person who could even begin to steer them close to the right direction.

You know, if you really are a Rabbi you no doubt are a real Shame to the religion.

Translation: Yeah, you're right and I'm just a fag.
Wrong! You are all about not denouncing bigotry, hate, prejudice and discrimination. No doubt it would be truly hard for others to see you as a real person who could even begin to steer them close to the right direction.

Translation: I'm a fag with nothing at all to argue.

Why do they hate them you ask? Because they unequivocally know that the Gay or Lesbian child they too may have was the one *they* made and the one who came directly from *them* and who carries their genes, just like many other Heterosexual parents also make and have to contend with, since Gays and Lesbians are born of Straight parents mainly. And many, unfortunately, can't stand that thought that the children they produce can be Gay and Lesbian. And in a great number of families they are, have always been, and will continue to be, so they need to get over it already.

Even with his "four eyes" this North Dakota Republican still can't see it? That's sad because discrimination exists everywhere in overwhelming numbers as it concerns employment of GLBT citizens. There's a link in this story for people to call him and report just such discrimination. Be sure to use it as you see/experience it!

GOP Congressman Sees No Employment Discrimination | Advocate.com

This is like all of the "equal pay for women" legislation that gets trotted out by the left at election time. THERE ARE ALREADY LAWS ON THE BOOKS!!! You don't need a redundant law.

Got a problem, contact the EEOC.

Sex-Based Discrimination

"Sex-Based Discrimination

Sex discrimination involves treating someone (an applicant or employee) unfavorably because of that person's sex.

Sex discrimination also can involve treating someone less favorably because of his or her connection with an organization or group that is generally associated with people of a certain sex.

Discrimination against an individual because that person is transgender is discrimination because of sex in violation of Title VII. This is also known as gender identity discrimination. In addition, lesbian, gay, and bisexual individuals may bring sex discrimination claims. These may include, for example, allegations of sexual harassment or other kinds of sex discrimination, such as adverse actions taken because of the person's non-conformance with sex-stereotypes."

Even with his "four eyes" this North Dakota Republican still can't see it? That's sad because discrimination exists everywhere in overwhelming numbers as it concerns employment of GLBT citizens. There's a link in this story for people to call him and report just such discrimination. Be sure to use it as you see/experience it!

GOP Congressman Sees No Employment Discrimination | Advocate.com

Did you actually post an OP with the juvenile taunt of four eyes?????

Why do they hate them you ask? Because they unequivocally know that the Gay or Lesbian child they too may have was the one *they* made and the one who came directly from *them* and who carries their genes, just like many other Heterosexual parents also make and have to contend with, since Gays and Lesbians are born of Straight parents mainly. And many, unfortunately, can't stand that thought that the children they produce can be Gay and Lesbian. And in a great number of families they are, have always been, and will continue to be, so they need to get over it already.

You clearly cannot have children if you imagine, even fantasize for a second that any of that is true. It is not just complete psychobabble nonsense.

Forum List

Back