Republican Governor Mike DeWine says that President Biden Called Him, But They Don't Need Any Help

MarcATL

Diamond Member
Aug 12, 2009
Republican liars have been making, what they perceive as, great hay running around the country and social media screaming w/their hair on fire that "Oh me! Oh my! How has Biden abandoned the people of Palestine Ohio!"

Race-baiting and dividing the country even more by saying that "Oh how Biden, and the Democrats, hate white people! Oh how they want only white workers to suffer!"

Total, and utter, nonsense.

When, as usual, nothing could be further from the truth.

The Republican Governor of the great State of Ohio emphatically stated that President Biden initially called him and offered him anything. He. Needs.

The Governor said it's not necessary.

See it for yourself...

It is not partisan to say that Republicans have been lying.

It's simply the truth, and facts shouldn't hurt your feelings.

Carry on.

Last edited:
You know, I scrolled past your silly writing "style" to view only the Twitter post. Your goofy way of writing is just too annoying to read. Several people on this forum have some strange quirks in the way they write. I don't understand the need to be odd

The people of East Palestine are saying they do need help. As water supplies start shutting down more and more are going to say they need help.

You know, I scrolled past your silly writing "style" to view only the Twitter post. Your goofy way of writing is just too annoying to read. Several people on this forum have some strange quirks in the way they write. I don't understand the need to be odd
Would you describe your avatar as odd?

The people of East Palestine are saying they do need help. As water supplies start shutting down more and more are going to say they need help.
Isn't it time for the corporation that caused this mess to be held accountable?

No thanks to the corporation that caused this mess.

But, they are.

February 14 2023
Norfolk Southern Corporation (NYSE: NSC) today announced it is creating a $1 million charitable fund to be available immediately as one component of its planned support for the community of East Palestine, Ohio. The company will work with state and local leaders to identify where the donations can do the most good.

Shaw continued, "This fund allows Norfolk Southern to move quickly to meet their immediate needs. We anticipate making further charitable contributions in East Palestine as conversations continue with local leaders and members of the community."

The contribution will supplement other efforts to support residents, businesses, and first responders, which include:

• Distributing more than $1.2 million in financial assistance to nearly 900 families and a number of businesses to cover costs related to the evacuation. Those include reimbursements and cash advancements for lodging, travel, food, clothes, and other related items.
  • Reimbursed the East Palestine Fire Department $220,000 to replace Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA) air packs, which allow firefighters to breathe compressed air when responding to fires.
  • Providing more than 100 air purifiers for residents to use in their homes. Air purifiers are also being purchased for the East Palestine municipal building in coordination with the City Manager.
  • Coordinating and funded cleaning and air monitoring services for the East Palestine Elementary and High Schools.
  • Completing more than 400 in-home air tests in conjunction with U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. In-home air monitoring has not detected substances related to the incident and does not indicate a health risk.

Of course, there will be more needed, but not a bad start.

But, they are.

February 14 2023
Norfolk Southern Corporation (NYSE: NSC) today announced it is creating a $1 million charitable fund to be available immediately as one component of its planned support for the community of East Palestine, Ohio. The company will work with state and local leaders to identify where the donations can do the most good.

Shaw continued, "This fund allows Norfolk Southern to move quickly to meet their immediate needs. We anticipate making further charitable contributions in East Palestine as conversations continue with local leaders and members of the community."

The contribution will supplement other efforts to support residents, businesses, and first responders, which include:

• Distributing more than $1.2 million in financial assistance to nearly 900 families and a number of businesses to cover costs related to the evacuation. Those include reimbursements and cash advancements for lodging, travel, food, clothes, and other related items.
  • Reimbursed the East Palestine Fire Department $220,000 to replace Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA) air packs, which allow firefighters to breathe compressed air when responding to fires.
  • Providing more than 100 air purifiers for residents to use in their homes. Air purifiers are also being purchased for the East Palestine municipal building in coordination with the City Manager.
  • Coordinating and funded cleaning and air monitoring services for the East Palestine Elementary and High Schools.
  • Completing more than 400 in-home air tests in conjunction with U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. In-home air monitoring has not detected substances related to the incident and does not indicate a health risk.

Of course, there will be more needed, but not a bad start.

A business that can not operate moving deadly chemicals safely, shouldn't be able to operate at all.

THAT would grind the country to a halt.
Look who fills up the gas stations once/twice a week.

If you can show where those who run tanker trucks have fought against common sense safety regulations, I will argue they should be shut down also.

Isn't it time for the corporation that caused this mess to be held accountable?

100%. Should the people of this area be forced to suffer while we wait for that to happen? I don't think people are blaming the Government or Biden personally (well maybe some people) for this accident but if all the Government can do is stand back and point fingers then what's the point of putting them in power? To be clear Im am all for state and local governments taking care of as much as they can. I think we have placed too much power and responsibility in the hands of the Federal Government, That said we did put the power and responsibility in their hands, so they have to step up and use that power to fulfill their responsibilities.

If you can show where those who run tanker trucks have fought against common sense safety regulations, I will argue they should be shut down also.
I agree.
You should have stated that, instead of this.
"A business that can not operate moving deadly chemicals safely, shouldn't be able to operate at all".

Republican liars have been making, what they perceive as, great hay running around the country and social media screaming w/their hair on fire that "Oh me! Oh my! How has Biden abandoned the people of Palestine Ohio!"

Race-baiting and dividing the country even more by saying that "Oh how Biden, and the Democrats, hate white people! Oh how they want only white workers to suffer!"

Total, and utter, nonsense.

When, as usual, nothing could be further from the truth.

The Republican Governor of the great State of Ohio emphatically stated that President Biden initially called him and offered him anything. He. Needs.

The Governor said it's not necessary.

See it for yourself...

It is not partisan to say that Republicans have been lying.

It's simply the truth, and facts shouldn't hurt your feelings.

Carry on.

Their liars. They been saying Biden doing nothing about the railroad smash up.

I agree.
You should have stated that, instead of this.
"A business that can not operate moving deadly chemicals safely, shouldn't be able to operate at all".

I have no idea what you disagree with in my statement. I have a feeling it's nothing.

Forum List

Back