Republican Readies Constitutional Amendment To Ban Gay Marriage

How about this Republican, and others like him, back the fuck off and stop telling consenting adults who they can and cannot marry?

How about you stop trying to forcibly change the definition of a word and institution that has existed for thousands of years and then feigning outrage that someone says no?

King David had at least five wives, and at least 20 concubines. His son had 700 wives! And 300 concubines! What a stud!

Shall we go with that thousands of years old definition of marriage? This one man, one woman stuff would be a real kick in the nuts to our biblical ancestors.

Contrary to your sarcasm, that arrangement still falls within the one man one woman definition of marriage.

Republicans will allow a few blacks to be in their party. It's "for show". But no Muslims and certainly, no gays.

Seriously dean? This bullcrap?

Have you never heard of log cabin Republicans? or are they just for show to?

Just for show.

CNN.com - GOP gay group booted from N.C. convention

Gay Conservatives Disappointed in Republican Party Platform

My favorite:

Log Cabin PAC Money returned

Maybe someone should inform them.

And by the way, thank you for admitting that you are a liar.

not one single state will pass this Amendment.

well, maybe the bigots in Mississippi and Alabama will.

1hqpdu.gif

List of U.S. state constitutional amendments banning same-sex unions by type - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Many of those states have lost momentum, though, and would not ban same sex marriages today.

How about this Republican, and others like him, back the fuck off and stop telling consenting adults who they can and cannot marry?

why the fuck do the qweers (sic) and lesbos need to marry in the first place ? it sure as hell isn't "love" !

for thousands of years just living together and performing their "qweer" acts, and don't tell me i do not know what the fuck i am talking about, because i have a lesbo SIL who once told me her relationship with another female was just pure lust, there is more but why waste my time ?

What are you talking. about? I slept with alot of girls and it was not love but just lust, a one night wam bam thank you mam.... FYI the 5th Roman Emperor Nero marrried a dude almost 2000 years ago..

Last edited:
How about you stop trying to forcibly change the definition of a word and institution that has existed for thousands of years and then feigning outrage that someone says no?

King David had at least five wives, and at least 20 concubines. His son had 700 wives! And 300 concubines! What a stud!

Shall we go with that thousands of years old definition of marriage? This one man, one woman stuff would be a real kick in the nuts to our biblical ancestors.

Contrary to your sarcasm, that arrangement still falls within the one man one woman definition of marriage.

You are really bad at math. One man, 700 women is not one man, one woman.

Since we are talking about thousands of years of the definition of marriage, it should be pointed out the Roman Empire had same sex marriages.

So we should honor that definition. After all, its thousands of years old!

why the fuck do the qweers (sic) and lesbos need to marry in the first place ? it sure as hell isn't "love" !

for thousands of years just living together and performing their "qweer" acts, and don't tell me i do not know what the fuck i am talking about, because i have a lesbo SIL who once told me her relationship with another female was just pure lust, there is more but why waste my time ?

HEY!

Does anyone have a clue they could sell to this douche nozzle?

so much for states' rights.

Republicans want to take away each States' right to decide for itself if it wants to allow same-0sex marriage.

Why not let the people decide though? Im not optimistic of it ever passing. Im not sure there is a super majority for it. But why not let us decide through the proper channels whether same sex marriage should be legalized or not? Why should we let unelected judges decide on a fundamental issue of our day?

It's essentially a Federal issue right now as it is. Why not let the people speak?

Why do you think you are allowed ANY say into what two consenting adults do or don't do when it has absolutely ZERO impact on your life?

so much for states' rights.

Republicans want to take away each States' right to decide for itself if it wants to allow same-0sex marriage.

Ayup. That's what DOMA was about, too. The GOP wants the government all the way in the marriage business.

I knew it was only a matter of time, but one day? Some people never learn.

Republican Readies Constitutional Amendment To Ban Gay Marriage

The Supreme Court ruling Wednesday that the federal Defense of Marriage Act is unconstitutional isn't stopping Rep. Tim Huelskamp (R-Kansas) from trying to block same-sex marriages through another route: by amending the U.S. Constitution.

Huelskamp said he plans to introduce the Federal Marriage Amendment later this week, a measure that would define marriage as between one man and one woman. DOMA did the same thing, but was a federal law, not a constitutional amendment. As such, the Federal Marriage Act is more far-reaching but also a tougher climb. It requires the support of two-thirds of the House and Senate, and ratification by three-fourths of the states, or 38 states.

"This would trump the Supreme Court," Huelskamp told The Huffington Post.

Huelskamp said his bill has no cosponsors yet, but said its language will be almost identical to past Federal Marriage Amendments introduced in Congress. The last time Congress voted on the proposed constitutional amendment was in July 2006, when it failed 236-187. It needed 290 votes to pass. House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio), House Majority Leader Eric Cantor (R-Va.) and Rep. Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) were among those who voted for the amendment at the time.

So how many jobs will this create?

Isn't that the Tea party response to any bill that they don't like?

See, you're cool until you use Government to oppress others based on your religion. I don't care how many ways you try and skid around it, you want one group to have something that Government oppresses another group but not allowing them to have. The definition of a word can always change but to grant tax rights and a whole host of stuff the "strait" people while not giving the same rights to gays is oppressive.

This is the problem with religion as a whole. If God is real I suspect that the God you believe in does not agree with you on this issue... Then again most don't care about God, they care about their church... Most people follow the word and interpretation that of a church rather than God.

God goes from being quite accepting to a closed minded bigot by the churches interpretation.

You mean one woman at a time.

Seriously dean? This bullcrap?

Have you never heard of log cabin Republicans? or are they just for show to?

Just for show.

CNN.com - GOP gay group booted from N.C. convention

Gay Conservatives Disappointed in Republican Party Platform

My favorite:

Log Cabin PAC Money returned

Now that is awfully strange. You asked if Log Cabin Republicans are "just for show" and I said "just for show". Then I linked to previous events when Republicans "returned money" given by Log Cabin Republicans and when Log Cabin Republicans were "banned" from GOP events and the disappointment the Log Cabin felt when Republicans put anti gay rhetoric in their Party Platform and all that makes me a "liar"????

You tried to pretend the Log Cabin gays were included in the GOP. Obviously, considering what Republicans are doing to gays, they are not. And you pretending they are part of the GOP most certainly is "just for show".

Now that is awfully strange. You asked if Log Cabin Republicans are "just for show" and I said "just for show". Then I linked to previous events when Republicans "returned money" given by Log Cabin Republicans and when Log Cabin Republicans were "banned" from GOP events and the disappointment the Log Cabin felt when Republicans put anti gay rhetoric in their Party Platform and all that makes me a "liar"????

You tried to pretend the Log Cabin gays were included in the GOP. Obviously, considering what Republicans are doing to gays, they are not. And you pretending they are part of the GOP most certainly is "just for show".

Avatar4321 couldn't be more transparent in his Thumper :eusa_pray: aganda. Even Bush's former campaign manager remained closeted because the party is so backward & intolerant
http://www.theatlantic.com/politics...nd-former-rnc-chair-ken-mehlman-im-gay/62065/
Bush Campaign Chief and Former RNC Chair Ken Mehlman: I'm Gay

Last edited:

See, you're cool until you use Government to oppress others based on your religion. I don't care how many ways you try and skid around it, you want one group to have something that Government oppresses another group but not allowing them to have. The definition of a word can always change but to grant tax rights and a whole host of stuff the "strait" people while not giving the same rights to gays is oppressive.

This is the problem with religion as a whole. If God is real I suspect that the God you believe in does not agree with you on this issue... Then again most don't care about God, they care about their church... Most people follow the word and interpretation that of a church rather than God.

God goes from being quite accepting to a closed minded bigot by the churches interpretation.

I actually don't believe the Christian Religion is all that bad. The problem is that Republicans have taken that Religion and twisted it into something it isn't. "Feed the poor and they will breed" and "let him die" and "every man for himself" and other such nonsense is the opposite of the "true" Christian religion.

Forum List

Back