Republican Senators send a letter to Iran. Wow. Damn!

Your assuming that they would give a bomb to a third party proxy? I think it would be pretty easy to figure out who provided the material. They seem pretty good at tracing the movement of material with NK for example and NK is even more secretive and a totally closed society.

I also question whether Iran - if it gets - nuclear weaponry (and that is a long way off from it's current position) - that it would risk letting into the hands of proxies which are unstable and fluid and not necesarily under their complete control. I don't see that regime as "insane" - calculating, ambitious but not insane.

Yes, the nuclear anti-proliferation regime has a history of such effectiveness with countries like pakistan, india, and n korea...NOT.

Agree - it's not perfectly effective - yet no one presents viable alternatives. What do you do when you're faced with a set of bad alternatives? What would you do with NK? Attack it? And set loose a war on the border of SK and nuclear powered China who would be faced with millions of NK refugees? The world is interconnected and actions have profound and often unrealized consequences - like the invasion of Iraq.

Peace in the ME would be impossible if we did that and we would become the cancerous war mongering state.

As I pointed out, iran is fomenting wars across the mideast, is running terrorist proxies in many other countries, and is despised by the majority sunni populations who will not tolerate living under an iranian jackboot forever. Either you get iran out of lebanon, yemen, iraq, bahrain, and morocco, or you will have festering wars - and probably a major one - in the near term.

And realistically how would you do that without:

Turning the Iranian civilian population against the west.
Turning much of the Muslim world against the US.
Likely turning much of the Western world against the US.
Further destabilizing the ME to the point where radical groups like IS gain a foothold in even more territory.
What is worse - Iran or IS/similar groups?

Jesus that is just nuts!

The muslim world is 85% sunni, do you think they would actually be against an attack on iran? You need to get out of your florida condo, and see the rest of the world. I come from a muslim country, and can guarantee you that the sunnis would be cheering in the streets - they fucking hate persia.

Yes. Because Sunni or Shia - it would be seen as a foreign attack on Muslims.

Didn't we think the Iraqi's would be cheering in the streets too?

Agree - it's not perfectly effective - yet no one presents viable alternatives. What do you do when you're faced with a set of bad alternatives? What would you do with NK? Attack it? And set loose a war on the border of SK and nuclear powered China who would be faced with millions of NK refugees? The world is interconnected and actions have profound and often unrealized consequences - like the invasion of Iraq.

I find it interesting that the same liberals who push so hard for the disarming of citizens in the US, taking away gun rights, while refusing to accept the concept of MAD on a personal level, which has been proven to show reductions in the crime rate - are the same who are so willing to allow rogue nations like iran to possess nuclear weapons, and embrace the notion of MAD on a global scale. Ahhh, the liberal hypocrisy...

No it wouldn't, you are uninformed when it comes to muslims.

They did:

Iraqis topple statue to celebrate end of Saddam s rule

It wasn't until the iranians starting pushing the shia militias to start fomenting a civil war did things fall apart in iraq. Had we taken iran out first, iraq would have been a far easier issue.

No it wouldn't, you are uninformed when it comes to muslims.

They did:

Iraqis topple statue to celebrate end of Saddam s rule

It wasn't until the iranians starting pushing the shia militias to start fomenting a civil war did things fall apart in iraq. Had we taken iran out first, iraq would have been a far easier issue.

You just can't get enough war. The disaster of Iraq taught you nothing.

Your conservative wars have solved nothing to date. Why do you believe starting a war with Iran would be any different?

There were idiots claiming the same crap before we were bombed at pearl harbor; had the US intervened in WW2 earlier, many lives would have been saved.

So you would have us start another world war? And that would solve what, exactly, other than our existence on this planet, that is. By the way, you didn't answer my question.

It is Iran who wants WW III. Don't you understand that yet?

I don't think they do. They want to be a regional power and they want to be "respected", and nuclear technology and weaponry is one way to attain "respect" and power. India and Pakistan have nukes and are formable enemies yet neither has anilated the other. Israel has nukes that are much more powerful then anything Iran could produce in the forseable future with the technology they are currently working on (I think Doc pointed that out but everyone ignores it). If Iran were to do anything to Israel - it would have a 5 mile radius and Iran would be obliterated in return. There's a difference between rhetoric and action and despite propaganda and rhetoric to the contrary, Iran is surprisingly stable and doesn't strike me as insane in the way NK is for example. The current set of negotiations are very reminiscent to the old Salt Talks that that started with executive agreements to freeze weaponry and led eventually to a long term treaty.

That's because India and Pakistan are not controlled by insane mullahs who believe in a 12th Imam. Do you understand that? These mullahs want to bring about an apocalyptic scenario and to destroy Israel. That is their goal.

Rhod 10964095
You stupid fucking idiot asshole, do you have any idea how many american soldiers those fucking bastard iranians injured or killed in iraq?

How many? Do you have any data to support your claim. The Badr Army (trained in Iran) followed American tanks with their armored units into Baghdad in 2003. Bush brought the political leader of the militia also from exile in Tehran into the White House to hold hands with him in a photo OP

You may have missed this:

President Bush Meets with His Eminence Abdul-Aziz Al-Hakim, Leader of the Supreme Council for the Islamic Revolution in Iraq
20061204-7_d-0721-515h.jpg

President George W. Bush welcomes Sayyed Abdul-Aziz Al-Hakim, Leader of the Supreme Council for the Islamic Revolution in Iraq, to the White House Monday, Dec. 4, 2006. Said the President, "I appreciate so very much His Eminence's commitment to a unity government. I assured him the United States supports his work and the work of the Prime Minister to unify the country." White House photo by Eric Draper

The point being the Badr Brigades from Iran fought with our troops against the Baathist Sunni insurgents and against the Sadrist (purely Iraqi) Shiite militia known as the Mehdi Army under the leadership of Muqtada al Sadr.

It was the Iraq militia (Mehdi Army) that fought against the US occupation not for Iran but as Shiite Iraq nationalists. That is why they also fight Shiite against Shiite for a while in Bush's fiasco invasion.

So what are you basing your claim on calling anyone a "stupid fucking idiot asshole" for not having "any idea how many american soldiers those fucking bastard iranians injured or killed in iraq?" Your question appears to be based upon pure ignorance since it doesn't make much sense.

Do you base anything you write on solid reasoning based upon solid facts and recent history over the past fourteen years?

Ummm ... the FSA didn't even exist before 2011. We're talking about the insurgency we were fighting in Iraq.

So who was funding, arming, training and driving the shia militias in iraq to attack US troops? How many times were iranian troops captured in iraq? Plenty.

Yup, I think they want Iraq. They want to control Iraqi oil, of course! It is unbelievable to me that these same people will say such things about the US going after oil, but they refuse to believe that Iran would do the same, and use tricky methods (which they are GOOD at) to do so, along with propaganda and dishonesty. They are not being threatened by ISIS. They have ulterior motives for wanting to "help." Nobody should want their "help" with anything.

Iran is helping iraq fight ISIS. If you are unfamiliar with the facts you shouldnt be here. What had ISIS done to Saudi? What has Saudi done to help fight Isis?

It was iran who created ISIS, and has fomented the environment by oppressing sunnis across the mideast that has stoked the flames of support for it. Had iran not armed and drove shia militias in iraq to attack sunnis, had iran not created hezbollah to repress sunnis in lebanon, had iran not helped assad mass slaughter 250K sunnis in syria, there would be no groundswell of support for ISIS.

ISIS' issue is that its leadership is fucking stupid, had they just focused on targeting shia militias and even better, iran itself, then the whole planet of sane humans, including myself would have enthusiastically supported them. But the assholes didn't, so we're left with two abominations, them and iran.

Are all right wingers this confused? Iran did not create ISIS. They were created by taking out saddam, and then they got funding from some Sunni nation. Iran is fighting ISIS.

Yeah, you just keep repeating the same thing even though I posted a link showing you the connections between Syria, Iran and ISIS. The point is that Iran does not care if ISIS destroys any other ME country. If they are allies with a specific country (such as Syria) it is due to what they can get out of such relationship. It isn't because of their kind-hearted and caring nature. They don't care about Syria or the Syrian people and they WANT chaos. How many times does this have to be told to you before it sinks in?

Once the ME is in complete chaos, Iran will take advantage of that.

ChrisL the resident foreign policy IAEA analyst.

That's true, at least compared to these idiots. They don't understand the viewpoints of Iran. They don't understand that you are supposed to stick by your allies, not appease your enemies. They have no idea that the US sometimes has to do some unsavory things in the name of world security. They want to appease the Iranians and are gambling with world security. They are SOOOO stupid that I cannot even believe it to be honest. Once Iran has the okay to develop nuclear power, they WILL have a nuclear weapon. It's pretty much a guarantee. This is going to cause an arms race in the ME with the Saudis and other ME countries that do not trust Iran. These are just facts. Sorry that you liberals cannot handle and do not like facts.

an arms race with Iran already stating they are going to use the nuclear weapon to kill Israel.......they are actually saying this....to everyone......without reservation......and the Lefties say...yeah...they don't really mean it.......the left has no ability to understand actual evil......they see good people as bad, and bad people as good....they are f****d in the head....
Link to Iran stating they are going to use their nuclear weapons to kill Israel..... YOU Said they are saying this to EVERYONE so it shouldn't be hard to link up to that with any recent quotes of them stating this....???

EDIT, ok I read your post above your last post that I initially responded to... and it seems you are Presuming such based on other things....?

Nobody has to link to such things. Iran's actions and past speak for themselves.

Iran is helping iraq fight ISIS. If you are unfamiliar with the facts you shouldnt be here. What had ISIS done to Saudi? What has Saudi done to help fight Isis?

It was iran who created ISIS, and has fomented the environment by oppressing sunnis across the mideast that has stoked the flames of support for it. Had iran not armed and drove shia militias in iraq to attack sunnis, had iran not created hezbollah to repress sunnis in lebanon, had iran not helped assad mass slaughter 250K sunnis in syria, there would be no groundswell of support for ISIS.

ISIS' issue is that its leadership is fucking stupid, had they just focused on targeting shia militias and even better, iran itself, then the whole planet of sane humans, including myself would have enthusiastically supported them. But the assholes didn't, so we're left with two abominations, them and iran.

Are all right wingers this confused? Iran did not create ISIS. They were created by taking out saddam, and then they got funding from some Sunni nation. Iran is fighting ISIS.

Yeah, you just keep repeating the same thing even though I posted a link showing you the connections between Syria, Iran and ISIS. The point is that Iran does not care if ISIS destroys any other ME country. If they are allies with a specific country (such as Syria) it is due to what they can get out of such relationship. It isn't because of their kind-hearted and caring nature. They don't care about Syria or the Syrian people and they WANT chaos. How many times does this have to be told to you before it sinks in?

Once the ME is in complete chaos, Iran will take advantage of that.

You posted fiction. The fact is Iran is fighting ISIS.

chrL 10962239
I posted a couple of polls which state that Americans do not want a nuclear Iran and do not trust Iran
You keep playing word games with polls that don't support your wild claims and accusations - so here is the record of most of your posts through Post 1887 page 289

Americans don't want Iran to have a nuclear weapon and I agree with that.

So this post of yours..... 10956880
That does not mean they cannot express their disagreement on the matter and to let Iran know that most American citizens do not agree with Mr. Obama.
..... remains a lie because you cannot come up with a single poll from the past 2 years that refutes this one ..... 10957416
"a clear majority of 61% recommended making a deal with Iran that would include a limited enrichment capacity for Iran. This included 61% of Republicans, 66% of Democrats and 54% of independents." University of Maryland Poll taken February 2015.

So do you think 60% of your fellow Republican are idiots for supporting a deal?

Last edited:
Republicans Warn Iran -- and Obama -- That Deal Won t Last - Bloomberg View

A group of 47 Republican senators has written an open letter to Iran's leaders warning them that any nuclear deal they sign with President Barack Obama's administration won’t last after Obama leaves office.
Organized by freshman Senator Tom Cotton and signed by the chamber's entire party leadership as well as potential 2016 presidential contenders Marco Rubio, Ted Cruz and Rand Paul, the letter is meant not just to discourage the Iranian regime from signing a deal but also to pressure the White House into giving Congress some authority over the process.

“It has come to our attention while observing your nuclear negotiations with our government that you may not fully understand our constitutional system … Anything not approved by Congress is a mere executive agreement,” the senators wrote. “The next president could revoke such an executive agreement with the stroke of a pen and future Congresses could modify the terms of the agreement at any time.”

Arms-control advocates and supporters of the negotiations argue that the next president and the next Congress will have a hard time changing or canceling any Iran deal -- -- which is reportedly near done -- especially if it is working reasonably well.

Well, this is new, even in the world of the GOP batshit-crazy. This really does one-up it all. It's also kind of funny that there is a constitutional error in what the Senators wrote to the government of Iran. The Senate does NOT ratify treaties. That is even indicated directly on their Senate website. Instead, the Senate takes up a resolution of ratification, by which the Senate formally gives its advice and consent, empowering the president to proceed with ratification” . It's a fine point, almost splitting hairs, but worth noting.

So, Republicans hate this Democratic President so much that they are even willing to pen a letter to someone they consider an enemy of ours.

Back to the Bloomberg link:

It's stunning. And it's a rebuke on an international stage that doesn't really have a precedent. Imagine Democrats micro-managing the START talks in the 80s by sending an open letter to Gorbachev? It just wouldn't have been viewed as an acceptable political move while the talks were still happening.

The only conclusion we can make is that the GOP is not the loyal opposition, it is a severly disloyal opposition and deserves to be treated with disdain and contempt for such unamerican behavior. The GOP simply hates America, it's that simple.

When HE was a mere fucking retard liberal Dumocrap SENATOR, our present jackass Secretary of State, John f'n Lurch Kerry, went to "negotiate" with the Sandinistas. I guess HE was severely disloyal?

And that scumbag Ted Kennedy wrote a jackass fucking letter to the Soviet fucking Union when he was a Senator. I suppose in the lolberal universe they must consider Teddy Glub Glub ("hic") Kennedy a severely disloyal American, too?

By the way, on a larger screen, let's contemplate WHY the Constitution has the SENATE ratify proposed treaties? Maybe the Senate is supposed to have input? But Obumbler, the moron, evades the making of treaties (knowing as he does that the Senate may rebuff his efforts). So, as he does in many things, he tries to do an end run AROUND the strictures of the Constitution. THEN he pretends to be outwaged and alarmed that members of the Senate might just insist on preventing him from "negotiating" such idiotic and dangerous thins with the Iranian government as will allow THOSE mutants to have atomic weapons.

The liberal Dumbocraps are such massive hypocrites and they are rancidly stupid.

Get something straight. We are NOT obligated to sit idly by and permit this asshole President to endanger all of us by the simple expedient of doing his end run around the Constitution.

Bravo to the Senators who signed that letter.

Shame on EVERY scumbag Democrap Senator for not having the brains or public spirited decency to TRY to stop Obumbler from injuring us all.

A group of 47 Republican senators has written an open letter to Iran's leaders warning them that any nuclear deal they sign with President Barack Obama's administration won’t last after Obama leaves office.
Organized by freshman Senator Tom Cotton and signed by the chamber's entire party leadership as well as potential 2016 presidential contenders Marco Rubio, Ted Cruz and Rand Paul, the letter is meant not just to discourage the Iranian regime from signing a deal but also to pressure the White House into giving Congress some authority over the process.

“It has come to our attention while observing your nuclear negotiations with our government that you may not fully understand our constitutional system … Anything not approved by Congress is a mere executive agreement,” the senators wrote. “The next president could revoke such an executive agreement with the stroke of a pen and future Congresses could modify the terms of the agreement at any time.”

Arms-control advocates and supporters of the negotiations argue that the next president and the next Congress will have a hard time changing or canceling any Iran deal -- -- which is reportedly near done -- especially if it is working reasonably well.

Well, this is new, even in the world of the GOP batshit-crazy. This really does one-up it all. It's also kind of funny that there is a constitutional error in what the Senators wrote to the government of Iran. The Senate does NOT ratify treaties. That is even indicated directly on their Senate website. Instead, the Senate takes up a resolution of ratification, by which the Senate formally gives its advice and consent, empowering the president to proceed with ratification” . It's a fine point, almost splitting hairs, but worth noting.

So, Republicans hate this Democratic President so much that they are even willing to pen a letter to someone they consider an enemy of ours.

It's stunning. And it's a rebuke on an international stage that doesn't really have a precedent. Imagine Democrats micro-managing the START talks in the 80s by sending an open letter to Gorbachev? It just wouldn't have been viewed as an acceptable political move while the talks were still happening.

The only conclusion we can make is that the GOP is not the loyal opposition, it is a severly disloyal opposition and deserves to be treated with disdain and contempt for such unamerican behavior. The GOP simply hates America, it's that simple.

When HE was a mere fucking retard liberal Dumocrap SENATOR, our present jackass Secretary of State, John f'n Lurch Kerry, went to "negotiate" with the Sandinistas. I guess HE was severely disloyal?

And that scumbag Ted Kennedy wrote a jackass fucking letter to the Soviet fucking Union when he was a Senator. I suppose in the lolberal universe they must consider Teddy Glub Glub ("hic") Kennedy a severely disloyal American, too?

By the way, on a larger screen, let's contemplate WHY the Constitution has the SENATE ratify proposed treaties? Maybe the Senate is supposed to have input? But Obumbler, the moron, evades the making of treaties (knowing as he does that the Senate may rebuff his efforts). So, as he does in many things, he tries to do an end run AROUND the strictures of the Constitution. THEN he pretends to be outwaged and alarmed that members of the Senate might just insist on preventing him from "negotiating" such idiotic and dangerous thins with the Iranian government as will allow THOSE mutants to have atomic weapons.

The liberal Dumbocraps are such massive hypocrites and they are rancidly stupid.

Get something straight. We are NOT obligated to sit idly by and permit this asshole President to endanger all of us by the simple expedient of doing his end run around the Constitution.

Shame on EVERY scumbag Democrap Senator for not having the brains or public spirited decency to TRY to stop Obumbler from injuring us all.

You really need to work for the 2016 GOP presidential campaign....

You really need to work on buying a clue.

Silly mindless drone hack libs pretend to be all aghast that Senators might write to another nation when it is the Executive Branch that is supposed to speak for America in the realm of foreign affairs.

Sound the alarms!

Except, they conveniently forget that it's "wrong" when THEY are the ones doing it.

And they also "forget" that our Constitution GIVES input into these matters to the Senate half of the legislative branch.

And when these things are pointed out to them, they tend to splutter.

Of course, it's hard to tell the difference from the shit they say before hand.

Just a word to state that I'm REALLY impressed with the sagacious posts of JoeB and Coyote and several others......
However, please bear in mind that there is NO arguing with bumpintheroadscholar,,,she/he is the perpetual war-mongering idiot who tries to be an arm-chair warrior and cannot mask the bigotry and possibly the racism that her/his ilk has toward Obama, flirting with almost seditious statement to thwart any semblance of achievements by this administration.

You really need to work on buying a clue.

As soon as you start confronting facts instead of getting angry at the world...

Silly mindless drone hack libs pretend to be all aghast that Senators might write to another nation when it is the Executive Branch that is supposed to speak for America in the realm of foreign affairs.

Sound the alarms!

Except, they conveniently forget that it's "wrong" when THEY are the ones doing it.

And they also "forget" that our Constitution GIVES input into these matters to the Senate half of the legislative branch.

And when these things are pointed out to them, they tend to splutter.

Of course, it's hard to tell the difference from the shit they say before hand.

You obviously have no grasp on the political history of the USA.

Forum List

Back