Republican Tim Scott, the Only GOP Senator to sign on to Anti-Lynching Bill

Sen. Tim Scott Says 'It's Good To Be First' As The Only GOP Senator To Sign On To Anti-Lynching Bill

On CBS's "Face The Nation," Sen. Tim Scott had a difficult time trying to explain why no other Republican has signed on to the anti-lynching bill that he has put forth.

-------------------------

The GOP is 90% white.

This is Tim Scott:

115065829_24_1_621654173.jpg

Do we need any further explanation?
What the fuck is an anti-lynching bill? We went to war. A devastating war to free the plantation's populations/slaves. Sigh...

Sen. Tim Scott Says 'It's Good To Be First' As The Only GOP Senator To Sign On To Anti-Lynching Bill

On CBS's "Face The Nation," Sen. Tim Scott had a difficult time trying to explain why no other Republican has signed on to the anti-lynching bill that he has put forth.

The GOP is 90% white.

This is Tim Scott:

I didn't know that Lynching was a problem in the United States in 2018.

Why is the media hiding the news about all these lynchings?

Lynching is already against the law, so what does this "anti-lynching bill" do?

Pretty sure it's aim is to protect the philandering 42nd president from his not-the-45th-president wife.

It's anti lynching Bill.

Last edited:

The GOP is 90% white.

This is Tim Scott:

Tim Scott is finding it harder and harder to pretend he’s not in a party of white supeemacist losers

He's in South Carolina. He can't win any other way.
I’m not sure that’s true any longer

The GOP is 90% white.

This is Tim Scott:

Tim Scott is finding it harder and harder to pretend he’s not in a party of white supeemacist losers

He doesn't need to pretend. He isn't a Democrat
Ok cookie. He does have to keep pretending that you aren’t the party of the kkk

The GOP is 90% white.

This is Tim Scott:

The Dyer Anti-Lynching Bill was first introduced in 1918 by Representative Leonidas C. Dyer, a Republican from St. Louis, Missouri, in the United States House of Representatives as H.R. 11279. It was directed at punishing lynchings and mob violence.

The Dyer Anti-Lynching Bill was re-introduced in subsequent sessions of Congress and passed by the U.S. House of Representatives on January 26, 1922, but its passage was halted by a Southern Democratic filibuster in the U.S. Senate.

The GOP is 90% white.

This is Tim Scott:

Um, yeah...I do

I would think the Republicans
would want to plan ahead, for Trump's re election :eusa_think:

:dunno:

Laws against murder don’t seem to be helping many black Americans these days.

Republicans don’t want black Americans to even have first amendment rights these days.

If you lynch someone your are committing a murder that is already against the law. What is an Anit Lynching Bill going to do make murder more illegal than it already is?

Apparently, it's supposed to make a difference WHY you murder someone. I guess it's a comfort to the dead guy's ghost that he was murdered for a "good" reason, instead of a "bad" one.

"Well, I'm pushin' up daisies, but I'm sure glad I was shot for my wallet, instead of being lynched!"

I think not.

The GOP is 90% white.

This is Tim Scott:

He doesn't need to pretend. He isn't a Democrat
Ok cookie. He does have to keep pretending that you aren’t the party of the kkk

No pretense necessary, since we aren't the party that FOUNDED it.

Laws against murder don’t seem to be helping many black Americans these days.

Republicans don’t want black Americans to even have first amendment rights these days.

Wow, coming from you, that's a ringing denunciation.

No, wait, it isn't. It's so much methane-laced ass exhalation.

There have only been a handful of lynchings over the past 50 years in the United States, and local law enforcement seems to be doing a bang-up job on them. There hasn't been jury nullifications, no need for the federal government to get involved.

I can't see the point of this legislation.

The GOP is 90% white.

This is Tim Scott:

Yes we do. WHY do we need an anti lynching bill? Why are our elected officials wasting time and tax dollars debating such unnecessary & ridiculous bills?

Just more shrimp on a treadmill bullshit.

Um, I think murder is already against the law, whether it be by gunshot or lynching. Oh how the left yearns to return to the good old days of the civil rights days. No one told them this is the 21st fucking century I guess.
Except....who do you prosecute in a lynching? Everyone there? How does that work out?

The GOP is 90% white.

This is Tim Scott:

Yes we do. WHY do we need an anti lynching bill? Why are our elected officials wasting time and tax dollars debating such unnecessary & ridiculous bills?

Just more shrimp on a treadmill bullshit.

Can we say, "Virtue signaling"? Far too many black people have become like that clingy, needy girlfriend who demands you tell her she's pretty every five minutes. You can either pay lip service to their demands for validation, or you can put up with the storm of crying and tantrums.

Forum List

Back