Republicans Create Rider To Stop Net Neutrality

thats a stupid argument. the government isnt trying censor the internet withe net neutrality bill. they are simply saying that ISP's cant treat traffic differently. there is nothing about them giving it away for free. it is simply trying to keep the flow of information free from restrictions. how can anyone possibly be against this?

Anyone who believes in private property rights.

Why should government tell private networks what do to?

why have laws at all.

why have laws saying that you're liable for accidents on your property?

why have laws protecting children from curse words over the airwaves?

why have laws protecting workers by instituting an 8hour work day?

why have government at all. you should be able to do whatever you want with your property. fuck...use your car to run over other people. it's your property.

Can you commit vehicular homicide with a computer network?

If you'd actually listen...and not parrot back anti-government spewage...

all we want is to keep the net THE WAY IT IS.

Buy from someone else, who will be glad to have my business.

What is government's claim to the fiber optic cable Verizon laid in my condo complex at their own cost?

Are you arguing that Verizon owns the land over which the cable runs? All of it?

They lease air and land rights from states and municipalities at negotiated rates.

Several ISPs do.

youre missing the entire argument here. no one is saying that corporations cant charge a fair price to use their infrastructure. if verizon charges $50 a month for "access" then that is their right. but what they are wanting to do it say i will charge your $50 per month but you will only get access to that which we want. hence limiting the flow of information and the freedom of speech.

Wrong. Idiot Right wingers can deny CON$ervative orginizations and presidents, etc., are CON$ every time they are caught in their hypocrisy, but the fact remains that Heritage Foundation is the most CON$ervative of all CON$ervative think tanks, and is parroted by all other CON$ because CON$ are incapable of "thinking" for themselves and therefore are completely dependent on think tanks.
But keep making a fool of yourself trying to claim the Heritage Foundation is not CON$ervative, I'm enjoying the spectacle. :rofl:
Pointing to your own mindless parroting of talking points as proof is proof only that you're a mindless parrot.
Denying the CON$ervatism of the Heritage Foundation is proof of just how shameless a liar you are.
Thank you.

Does the Heritage Foundation shut down web sites?
Talk about a Non Sequitur!!!!!

If Heritage does not shut down web sites, does that make them Liberal?

Are you arguing that Verizon owns the land over which the cable runs? All of it?

They lease air and land rights from states and municipalities at negotiated rates.

Several ISPs do.

youre missing the entire argument here. no one is saying that corporations cant charge a fair price to use their infrastructure. if verizon charges $50 a month for "access" then that is their right. but what they are wanting to do it say i will charge your $50 per month but you will only get access to that which we want. hence limiting the flow of information and the freedom of speech.

You get your internet access someplace else then. Government has no claim on the private investment in networks.

nope but you can commit white collar crime and steal from banks, steal someones identity, shut down transportation grids, commit corporate espionage and a slew of other crimes through the internet.

let have no laws against that either

nope but you can commit white collar crime and steal from banks, steal someones identity, shut down transportation grids, commit corporate espionage and a slew of other crimes through the internet.

let have no laws against that either

Aren't there already laws against that?

Is it a crime to sell access to your computer network as you wish?

Several ISPs do.

You get your internet access someplace else then. Government has no claim on the private investment in networks.

RDD cornered you perfectly. Either you're for corporate oligarchic control or you're not.
I think it's safe to say you are. Well there are lots of us who aren't. We aren't against property rights...and we dont oppose business. What we do oppose is censorship.

You, sir, are a censor. You want to allow corporate censorship.

You won't discuss the fact that other media come under regulations. Where's your protest over the laws on tv and news media? When's the last time you got a picket sign and yelled out about that?

You wont discuss the fact that there are often NO other viable options for providers...so your "just walk across the street" bullshit doesn't fly.

That's fine, Mr. Censor. Keep up the totalitarian bullshit.

FoxNews has just about openly admitted that they are the media arm of the Republican party.

AKA, "the Ministry of Propaganda".

MSNBC is the same on the left side of the fence.

Just because they're not officially a member of the government doesn't mean they don't serve the politicians who make up the government, or control them for that matter.

When did they admit that?

When they threw their whole-hearted support behind the Tea Party, and started openly making large-scale contributions to Republicans.

If you don't like information you get from one corporation who sells internet access, you can buy it from another.

That's freedom.

The only thing "fettering" the internet right now are governments.
You're a fucking idiot. I'm sorry to say that, but that's the only conclusion I can come to. Either that, or you know exactly what this is all about, yet want to argue the other side just for the fuck of it.

If Verizon limits Nokia-related websites because they have an exclusive deal with Motorola, or Time Warner won't let you read The Weekly Standard as easily as you can read The New York Times, or if Comcast has an exclusive deal with Hula and you can no longer stream from Netflix without paying Comcast an additional charge, THAT'S NOT FREE AND OPEN INTERNET.

If you don't like information you get from one corporation who sells internet access, you can buy it from another.

That's freedom.

You're a fucking idiot. I'm sorry to say that, but that's the only conclusion I can come to. Either that, or you know exactly what this is all about, yet want to argue the other side just for the fuck of it.

If Verizon limits Nokia-related websites because they have an exclusive deal with Motorola, or Time Warner won't let you read The Weekly Standard as easily as you can read The New York Times, or if Comcast has an exclusive deal with Hula and you can no longer stream from Netflix without paying Comcast an additional charge, THAT'S NOT FREE AND OPEN INTERNET.

Who cares? Those are business decisions, probably bad ones, they are entitled to make.

Why should Hulu demand access to anyone's network for free, or a price government demands an ISP accept?

Pointing to your own mindless parroting of talking points as proof is proof only that you're a mindless parrot.
Denying the CON$ervatism of the Heritage Foundation is proof of just how shameless a liar you are.
Thank you.
It sounds as though you're completely unable to form a singe thought all on your own.

Heritage may be conservative, but the individual mandate is simply not a conservative idea.

So all you're left with is impotent butthurt.
Of course it is! It was the CON$ervative alternative, based on the CON$ervative "principle" of "individual responsibility," to the Liberal proposal that all employers be mandated to provide health insurance. According to CON$ back then health insurance was the responsibility of the individual not businesses.
But keep making an example of yourself by showing how CON$ are on all sides of any issue depending on which way the wind blows at the time.

That's freedom.

see this is a mindless, knee-jerk reaction by someone anti-government. I get it. You dont want big government...you're against big brother/big liberal control of free enterprise.

What you're not getting is the fact that YOU WONT HAVE choice. There wont be a viable option to switch to that doesnt do it once you open the floodgates.

What would be really funny is if they destroy net neutrality...and people clamor for a government option ISP that doesn't restrict anything. That'll be your one choice. You'll have to pay the government for your net access. That'd serve you right.

Your position also neglects the realities of life. in some areas...there's only one internet provider. especially in rural areas. There won't BE choice. You'll just have to suffer.

My choices are:

Comcast Cable - super-fast internet, decent TV, very expensive, and multiple outages.

Century Link DSL (which was Embarq, which was Sprint, which was Centel) - slow high-speed internet, not as expensive, not as many outages.

That's it.

Forum List

Back