Republicans expect the disabled to work

Most people on disability can and should work and should quit mooching off the taxpayers. If you can ride a motorcycle from north Georgia to Daytona you are not disabled. If you can water ski you are not disabled. If you can walk and talk you are not disabled enough to keep you from working. Disability pay and classification is not a right. Sick and tired of the people that I know that have nothing really wrong with them drawing $1800 a month in social security disability and riding horses on their property next to me. A local guy owns and works a landscaping company and has a disability tag on his truck. Social security disability sends out crazy checks monthly. Anyone can qualify.

Those who take advantage aside, that only applies to physical disabilities there are many people with mental or neurological disabilities that are still physically capable

I see quite a few disabled people with jobs quite often. They seem quite happy to have a purpose and appear to enjoy the socialization from all outward appearances.

Most are but the problem is actually getting a job in the first place and this is hardest for those who born with their disability and laws play a large part in that.

Most people on disability can and should work and should quit mooching off the taxpayers. If you can ride a motorcycle from north Georgia to Daytona you are not disabled. If you can water ski you are not disabled. If you can walk and talk you are not disabled enough to keep you from working. Disability pay and classification is not a right. Sick and tired of the people that I know that have nothing really wrong with them drawing $1800 a month in social security disability and riding horses on their property next to me. A local guy owns and works a landscaping company and has a disability tag on his truck. Social security disability sends out crazy checks monthly. Anyone can qualify.

Those who take advantage aside, that only applies to physical disabilities there are many people with mental or neurological disabilities that are still physically capable

I see quite a few disabled people with jobs quite often. They seem quite happy to have a purpose and appear to enjoy the socialization from all outward appearances.

Most are but the problem is actually getting a job in the first place and this is hardest for those who born with their disability and laws play a large part in that.
You're barking up the wrong tree bud. My daughter has CP so I don't need you telling me about life with disabilities

What a load of horseshit.

I know people who are "disabled."

Hell One of em's an electrician. He lost part of a leg in Iraq. That guys works 16 to 18 hour days and he's as far from disabled as anyone can get.

Of course there are those who wear that disabled tag like a blanket. Folks who don't want to work and have no problem collecting so they don't have to.

On the other side are loads of disabled who do work and wouldn't have it any other way.

Your friend the electrician isn't disabled he's handicapped there's actually a difference believe it or not and his injury in no inhibits the job of electrician, he also has the help of the VA.

Why do republicans expect disabled people to work? I've known several people who are disabled and could do all the physical and mental portions of a job and even want one but fear losing the live saving medications that they need if they do because the government says they can get if they want but will have to pay for their own medication many of which were extremely costly even before the economy went bad and even if that wasn't the case many employers wouldn't take them anyway because they fear that they are a liability if there as good or better at the work as any of their companies current employees. So how can republicans seriously think that "every" disabled person can get a job and still survive not only physically but also finically, I mean aren't they called disabled for a reason in the first place?
Disability insurance doesn't cover medications.

And if they get a job they would be able to get medical insurance wouldn't they?

And if they can work are they really disabled?

To me disabled means incapable of working.

You're barking up the wrong tree bud. My daughter has CP so I don't need you telling me about life with disabilities

Oh are we gonna start the my families disease is worse than your families disease thing now? You all seem to think that every disability is reacted to in the same manner but that's simply not the case. A guy in my family has been trying to work for 18 years to get a job and has failed to get one because he has epilepsy and I know hes tried because ive been there every step of the way with them but His medication is $5000 a month added to all the usual bills (Utility's, house payment, car payment, food etc) theres no way his family can afford to give up those benefits he would die without them, so don't tell me im barking up the wrong tree.

Oh are we gonna start the my families disease is worse than your families disease thing now? You all seem to think that every disability is reacted to in the same manner but that's simply not the case. A guy in my family has been trying to work for 18 years to get a job and has failed to get one because he has epilepsy and I know hes tried because ive been there every step of the way with them but His medication is $5000 a month added to all the usual bills (Utility's, house payment, car payment, food etc) theres no way his family can afford to give up those benefits he would die without them, so don't tell me im barking up the wrong tree.
You're barking up the wrong tree

Personal experience? Is this the kind of crap that passes for political discussion that we are going to see from the left until the election?

Your ignorance and lack of compassion are appalling!

:boohoo:

Your ignorance and lack of compassion are appalling!

Why do republicans expect disabled people to work? I've known several people who are disabled and could do all the physical and mental portions of a job and even want one but fear losing the live saving medications that they need if they do because the government says they can get if they want but will have to pay for their own medication many of which were extremely costly even before the economy went bad and even if that wasn't the case many employers wouldn't take them anyway because they fear that they are a liability if there as good or better at the work as any of their companies current employees. So how can republicans seriously think that "every" disabled person can get a job and still survive not only physically but also finically, I mean aren't they called disabled for a reason in the first place?

Why should someone that can do the physical and mental portions of a job be considered disabled to start with?

If they are classified as disabled, who is funding that medication?

If they are truly disabled, they won't be physically or mentally able to do the job you claim many classified as disabled CAN do. My brother is a postal carrier and says he quite often comes across younger people that receive disability checks.

He said he struck up a conversation with one of them while delivering mail to the community mail box in a government housing complex. By the way, that was just something else the taxpayers were funding for this guy. My brother said the conversation, with much of the talking being done by the resident, centered around how the resident claimed he couldn’t work because of a mental disability and the medicine he was taking made him confused, disoriented, and unable to concentrate. While my brother said he wouldn’t have stated this to the resident, he did when passing this along, said he thought that the guy didn’t seem too confused to be able to find the mailbox at the first of the month and on the days the checks came in. He also said the guy was the first in line every time. I guess as long as that “disability” got a check, confusion went away when the check arrived but not long enough to actually earn his way.

I always thought they expected them to die. Isn't that the point about withholding health care?

Dunno, ask Obama. His health care plan will kill millions before their time under the old system.

And what health care plans have republicans presented?

I have one. If YOU see someone that you think warrants having healthcare coverage, YOU pay his/her premiums with YOUR money. Since you think it's a right, you shouldn't have a problem meeting that challenge. I know you won't because that's how you bleeding hearts work. You claim compassion then fund it with someone else's money.

You guys all seem to be missing the point here let me try and spell it out for you, this is a non-choice, its either stay alive but don't get a job or get a job and almost certainly lose the medication that's keeping you alive.

I was judged as being 40% disabled back in 1998.. Since then my medical conditions have worsen to the point that my doctor wants to submit me at 70%.
Yet I still work. Up to a couple of months ago, I worked 7 days a week at two jobs, getting 40 hours or more at each one.
With the exception of those at 100% disabled, there is no reason for a person not to work as long as they can do the job.

And what exactly do you think 100% disabled means, Physically disabled? Mentally disabled? What about the people who were born disabled? What about people such as Epileptics who fit into neither category?

You left out one choice. If they can do the work, they aren't disabled. They might be limited in scope but that's different. If they can do the work, they aren't disabled and should be working. They can rely on you bleeding hearts to buy their medications for them. They should be able to rely on you based on your claims of compassion.

I always thought they expected them to die. Isn't that the point about withholding health care?

Dunno, ask Obama. His health care plan will kill millions before their time under the old system.

I have one. If YOU see someone that you think warrants having healthcare coverage, YOU pay his/her premiums with YOUR money. Since you think it's a right, you shouldn't have a problem meeting that challenge. I know you won't because that's how you bleeding hearts work. You claim compassion then fund it with someone else's money.

Thanks for the rapid republican response. And thanks for proving the validity of Alan Grayson's statement. "The republican health care plan is don't get sick. If you get sick, then die quickly."

What a load of horseshit.

I know people who are "disabled."

Hell One of em's an electrician. He lost part of a leg in Iraq. That guys works 16 to 18 hour days and he's as far from disabled as anyone can get.

Of course there are those who wear that disabled tag like a blanket. Folks who don't want to work and have no problem collecting so they don't have to.

On the other side are loads of disabled who do work and wouldn't have it any other way.

Your friend the electrician isn't disabled he's handicapped there's actually a difference believe it or not and his injury in no inhibits the job of electrician, he also has the help of the VA.

The difference is those handicaps are the ones willing to work through them and earn their way while those with disabilities are the ones with handicaps that have someone classify them as disabled so they can be handed a check.

Looks like most of us know people who are receiving disability payments, yet work. So yes, there is an expectation some disabled folks can and do work. OP fail.

What a great example of a run-on sentence...

Thanks for the rapid republican response. And thanks for proving the validity of Alan Grayson's statement. "The republican health care plan is don't get sick. If you get sick, then die quickly."

What Alay Grayson, in typical Liberal fashion left out, was his statement of "since I claim compassion for you I'll pay your premium if you can't." We both know, although I'm the only one that will admit it, is that Liberals say they have compassion yet won't prove it then blame someone else when the funding to do it their way doens't come from someone else. If you want someone without coverage to have it, you can do the easy thing and write them a check rather than supporting a system where someone else gets the bill.

Define "disabled"...

Forum List

Back