Republicans fail to make any rational argument why society must force full term gestation on all women. Their failed arguments are examined here:

GAZETTE: What do we know about pregnancy and birth at this time?

KAMENSKY: Reproduction in the colonial and early national era was in every way women’s work: thinking about pregnancy, birthing, child care, early childhood, and infant care was a landscape of women, their neighbors, and their midwives. Male medical authority only really began to enter the birthing chamber in the late 18th and I early 19th century. Early American women had what we would today consider very large numbers of children — five to eight live births in the course of a reproductive lifetime — and women could expect to be pregnant or lactating almost all of their fertile lives. It’s also important to remember that childbirth was dangerous, with an estimated one in 20 births ending in maternal death. My Harvard Medical School colleague Louise King reminds us that maternal mortality remains a significant burden in today’s United States. In the Colonial and early national periods, to bear a child was to confront death, full stop.

GAZETTE: What about family planning?

KAMENSKY: We know that there was a vernacular practice of ending pregnancy in all kinds of communities of women, with herbal remedies especially, from time immemorial.

We know that it existed among communities of enslaved women as well as free women and was very rarely a subject at law in the early American period. Legal historian Cornelia Hughes Dayton’s research on this reveals that abortion was commonplace and came before juries or judges exceedingly rarely, and then as evidence of what she calls “prior sin” — premarital or nonmarital intercourse — rather than out of concern for incipient life, or even some idea of what was natural.

WTF is a ZEF? Second question, at what magical instant does said ZEF become a human being?
Whenever you want. If you are Catholic or Hindu you may consider a fertilized egg to be a human being:

1701004059529.png

I do not because on abortion I am a rational theist as were our first four Presidents. They lived in a world where birthing was handled by women. That also makes me an originalist, ceding a reproductive right to terminate a ZEF to the sole business of the gender that carry the babies. I WANT GOVERNMENT OUT OF PRIVATE DECISIONS BEING MADE.

“ pregnancy, birthing, child care, early childhood, and infant care was a landscape of women, their neighbors, and their midwives”​

and

“there was a vernacular practice of ending pregnancy in all kinds of communities of women, with herbal remedies especially, from time immemorial.​

I believe based upon the above that protected life with state interest begins at birth, upon separation from the placental circulation, and when the neonatal cardiovascular system takes over responsibility of vital processes for survival.

The Transitional Heart: From Early Embryonic and Fetal Development to Neonatal Life - PubMed 221121^heart

If you care to understand more / read on;

#5,714 Science describes the physiological flip of the switch {when the unborn life transitions to born life

Reference 221121^heart •••• Formation of the human heart involves complex biological signals, interactions, specification of myocardial progenitor cells, and heart tube looping. To facilitate survival in the hypoxemic intrauterine environment, the fetus possesses structural, physiological, and functional cardiovascular adaptations that are fundamentally different from the neonate.

At birth, upon separation from the placental circulation, the neonatal cardiovascular system takes over responsibility of vital processes for survival.

The Transitional Heart: From Early Embryonic and Fetal Development to Neonatal Life - PubMed 221121^heart

The transition from the fetal to neonatal circulation is considered to be a period of intricate physiological, anatomical, and biochemical changes in the cardiovascular system. With a successful cardiopulmonary transition to the extrauterine environment, the fetal shunts are functionally modified or eliminated, enabling independent life.

Apr 17, 2023 ÂĽ Redfish ÂĽ #8,335 to: -1 It doesn't matter if the unborn human is "conscious" or not. he/she has movement and can feel pain, so he/she is alive from the moment of conception. We cannot rely on biased "scientists" on this, we have to rely on common sense and our belief system.

NFBW: Is it human consciousness that gives human life its value. Is it breathing air through our own lungs oxygenating our own blood that enables independent life in our newborn’s beating heart?

Am I obligated to accept your belief system ¥ Redfish ¥ that picks ‘heartbeat sounds (six weeks) when the brain is not formed because you say so?

Or can I rely on my own belief system according to my conscience.

nf.23.11.26 #401

Last edited:
Well they can’t have the final say in keeping the kid for the most obvious reason. As far as the formation of that child goes, all the guy did was blow his load. The woman has the burden of carrying that child for 9 months and gambling with her health. Changing her lifestyle.
Yep, pretty serious decision in which the guy, nor the child has any say in.

See you don’t even care about the kid really. Is that right? The kid existing or not existing doesn’t matter to you. You’re so obsessed with sticking it to the pro-choice women that that is all you actually care about.
No reason the father, if he wants to be one, can’t volunteer aide.

kyzr said: I'm okay with a 15 week ban like the EU has. Kyzr!.23.11.26 #400

Flash said: “Liberals fail the test of humanity when they support the killing of children as an acceptable birth control method” flvsh.23.11.26 #405

Probably 2/3 of conservatives since Dobbs fail the test of humanity when they support a 15 week abortion ban. It must be very disturbing to all the white Christian extremist Republican MAGA males who want to force full term gestation on all women, when they come to find out most Republicans are in favor of birth control abortion between six & fifteen weeks:

Based on the date of the mother’s last menstrual period, the breakdown of abortions is as follows:

Weeks of PregnancyPercentageYearly total
< 9 weeks65.4%563,958
9-10 weeks14.7%126,761
11-12 weeks8.2%70,710
13-15 weeks6.3%54,326
16-20 weeks4.1%35,355
21+ weeks1.3%11.,210
All abortions100%862,320
This means approximately 88% of abortions occur in the first trimester (first 12 weeks) of pregnancy. nf.23.06.08 #9,115

NotfooledbyW said: “Ninety-five percent of all abortions happen between six weeks and sixteen weeks” nf.23.09.19 #1

That is more than 800,000 baby fetuses per year being murdered you say Saint Flash but it’s ok with Republican voters and Republican women are right there killing their babies like everyone else.

Why do you think all the abortion sin Saint Flash is limited to liberals ?

nf.23.11.26 #408
to flvsh.23.11.26 #405

Last edited:
Liberals fail the test of humanity when they support the killing of children as an acceptable birth control method.
Then they get all pissy when you bring up failure to use it as birth control forces the man to become a parent.

Abortion is NOT murder if its LEGAL dumbass. Its a medical procedure that woman voters insist be legal.
then lets decide it once and for all with a national referendum, or one in each state, why do you lefties oppose letting the people decide?

then lets decide it once and for all with a national referendum, or one in each state, why do you lefties oppose letting the people decide?
1. The USSC via Dobbs said that RvW was wrongly decided, and made abortion a state responsibility.
2. Many states have already legalized or restricted abortion access.
3. Ohio was the latest referendum, and OH made abortion legal without restrictions.

Please try to keep up. Abortion needs to be off our radar or women will decide elections for democrats.

it is not the lefties that oppose this, it is your beloved GOP keeping it off of ballots

Mississippi argued Dobbs A B & C

{A) Mississippi, through Dobbs, argued that the Constitution does not provide a right to abortion (and as such, states can freely ban abortions if it is rationally related to legitimate government interests).

{B} Mississippi argued that “liberty” as written in the Fourteenth Amendment only implicates fundamental rights that are “deeply rooted in U.S history and tradition.”

{C} Mississippi contended that the “viability line” prevented a state from protecting its interest and was too arbitrary or subjective

@Illiterate fool…Dumber than a pile of @shit…Writes like a @retard.
I wonder how Saint BobBlaylock would present the Mississippi argument?

I am still waiting for Saint Bobblaylock to mature beyond adolescence and offer his argument why society must force full term gestation on all women.

May take awhile because he is still in the insults tantrum stage of development on the human life continuum from conception until death.

Let’s hope he matures somehow soon

Last edited:
What’s yours? Forced parenthood is a good thing now?
if the child does end up getting born, the man is responsible for helping raise the kid. It’s not about what is fair between him and the mother. It’s about what’s fair for the kid.

Personal responsibility never seems to apply RWs for some reason. They just like to self righteously preach it to other people.

if the child does end up getting born, the man is responsible for helping raise the kid. It’s not about what is fair between him and the mother. It’s about what’s fair for the kid.

Personal responsibility never seems to apply RWs for some reason. They just like to self righteously preach it to other people.

It’s a paradox ain’t it. Men being forced to be a parent with no say in it.

Personal responsibilities also applies to the woman. Don’t want an unwanted pregnancy, don’t have one.

Mississippi argued Dobbs A B & C

{A) Mississippi, through Dobbs, argued that the Constitution does not provide a right to abortion (and as such, states can freely ban abortions if it is rationally related to legitimate government interests).
{B} Mississippi argued that “liberty” as written in the Fourteenth Amendment only implicates fundamental rights that are “deeply rooted in U.S history and tradition.”

{C} Mississippi contended that the “viability line” prevented a state from protecting its interest and was too arbitrary or subjective

I wonder how Saint BobBlaylock would present the Mississippi argument?

I am still waiting for Saint Bobblaylock to mature beyond adolescence and offer his argument why society must force full term gestation on all women.

May take awhile because he is still in the insults tantrum stage of development on the human life continuum from conception until death.

Let’s hope he matures somehow soon

They force it on Men afterall

Forum List

Back