Republicans in danger of losing the House in 2014

The GOP has bigger problems that that. They need to worry about both the Dems and the TP. Wow! They have problems on every corner...

Who do you think is their biggest threat...The Dems or the Baggers?

I actually think the enemy within is more dangerous than the outside enemy.

Just like the democrats will let it be known to all thier governmental teat-suckers that the good times will be a-over if the republicans keep power. Plus, somewhere, sometime, a person who makes more money than you is actually spending his own money, and we can't have any of that now, can we.

They will also claim the climate is going to KILL YOU ALL BWAAARGGGH!!!!

And the fringe have plenty of time to convince us DHS is really, really going to come for our guns and lock us up in FEMA camps for real this time, and use us for target practice with their eleventy trillion rounds of .22 ammo.

Then the Rand Paul - Ralph Nader sex tape can be "leaked" and all hell will break loose.

Then it's anyone's game!

Right around the same time the Democrats admitting that single payer is the goal all along (it is), banning all firearms except bolt actions and shotguns is the end game of gun control (it is), and all these environmental regulations are designed to end the coal power industry by proxy (they are).

I predict that during his next State of the Union speech, President Obama will have a cancer lady or kid as a guest and will ask them to stand up and represent all the people insured by ObamaCare, to wild applause.

The GOP has bigger problems that that. They need to worry about both the Dems and the TP. Wow! They have problems on every corner...

Who do you think is their biggest threat...The Dems or the Baggers?

Good question.

Not only do the Republicans have to come up with ideas that are superior to the Democrats (instead of just whining about Democrats like they do now) so they can win more votes, they also have to keep the Tea Party from repulsing fellow Republicans who decide to stay home rather than vote.

Currently, the GOP has a 28 percent favorability rating compared to 43 percent for Democrats. So they are losing on the first count.

And 30 percent of Republicans are sick and tired of the extremism of their party, compared to 13 percent of Democrats. So they are losing on the second count as well.

Last edited:
GOP In Grave Danger Of Losing House In 2014, PPP Polls Show

It's way too early. I'm sure republicans will even the playing field with a bunch of phony scandals over the next year.

Long time go.

But if we GOP play the budget and debt negotiations with the skill and finesse we did the last month, sure, we are a shoe-in to take the House, take the Senate, impeach Obama, and select Mickey Mouse as president. :lol:

Then the fat cats will eat Mickey Mouse. Rotisserie rodent.

Plenty of time to mix things up a little and get the rubes worried about illegal alien blacks, homosexuals with fake voter registrations, Muslims with ObamaPhones and food stamps, and terrorist Mexicans.

And the forty-eight hour running gun battle at Benghazi where Seal Team Six was given a stand down order by Obama, who doesn't deserve any of the credit...

You forgot that he (Obama) was watching on a video feed while giving the stand-down order.

Plenty of time to mix things up a little and get the rubes worried about illegal alien blacks, homosexuals with fake voter registrations, Muslims with ObamaPhones and food stamps, and terrorist Mexicans.

And the forty-eight hour running gun battle at Benghazi where Seal Team Six was given a stand down order by Obama, who doesn't deserve any of the credit...

You forgot that he (Obama) was watching on a video feed while giving the stand-down order.

Actually he was distracted because he was launching drones at a boy scout troop in Little Rock.

Jarrett had to drag him in there and make him look presidential after she made the decision.

It's way too early. I'm sure republicans will even the playing field with a bunch of phony scandals over the next year.

Long time go.

But if we GOP play the budget and debt negotiations with the skill and finesse we did the last month, sure, we are a shoe-in to take the House, take the Senate, impeach Obama, and select Mickey Mouse as president. :lol:

All i know is 13 months is a long time in politics. so lot can happen between now and then.

Long time go.

All i know is 13 months is a long time in politics. so lot can happen between now and then.

But there are still at least two senators and 20-40 House members committed to self immolation to prove some damn point that they can't coherently define.

Long time go.

But there are still at least two senators and 20-40 House members committed to self immolation to prove some damn point that they can't coherently define.

You make a good point. But mid term elections are local and so can defly the national polls.

Long time go.

Yup. Every three months the GOP gets to threaten a shutdown again, thereby ensuring a Pavlovian negative response to them at least four more times.

The only way the Democrats will win the house is if there is enough in-fighting between GOP establishment and the Tea Party. Basically if they throw enough mud at each other then the Democrats might be able to sneak away with victory.

This is particularly important since the majority of the districts the Tea Party will be attacking are the moderate GOP that voted in favor of the debt ceiling bill on the 16th. Those are also the districts were democrats will have the best shot at winning.

So maybe the Tea Party will yet again do a great service to the Democratic Party.

Oh yeah...and no way in hell is Mcconnell getting re-elected in 2014.

You movin' to KY and votin' agin him eh? Well, come on down! You'll be squealin' like a pig and prayin' for Deliverance before you ever get to the polls! :D

Not one single Senator opposed this. So, why don't you clean up your own back yard.

When the full on failure of Obamacare hits Americans in 2014, it will be the Democrats who lose the Senate.

If that is the best strategy the Republicans have.....they are going to be disappointed

You make a good point. But mid term elections are local and so can defly the national polls.

All members of the House are up for re-election, and the Senate will remain Dem probably.

The TeaPs will lose half their members yet again if they don't work at repairing the damages.

Judge Louie Gohmert, my old Tx district congressman, is safe among those redneck yahoos for as long as he wants.

But Michelle Bachmann, pin-up girl of the TPM who makes Sarah look so old and washed-out, won't run again because she would get beat.

Last edited:
Long time go.

Yup. Every three months the GOP gets to threaten a shutdown again, thereby ensuring a Pavlovian negative response to them at least four more times.

I be amazed if they dumb enough to shut the goverment again. I think they will be mad to do that again considering how badly it went for them this time.

Forum List

Back