Republicans Raise National Debt $1 Trillion In Less Than 6 Months

And will increase another $617 Billion this year due to tax bill signed into law.

As of the latest reporting by the Treasury Department, the US gross national debt rose by $41.5 billion on Thursday, February 22, to a grand total of $20.8 trillion.

Here's the thing: On September 7, 2017, five-and-a-half months ago, just before Congress suspended the debt ceiling, the gross national debt stood at $19.8 trillion.

The US's national debt spiked $1 trillion in less than 6 months

What is irritating is when the Democrats spend, the Republicans are outraged, when the Republicans spend the Democrats are outraged and in reality, to do what is best for this nation both should find ways to cut spending, increase revenues.

Both parties are irresponsible when it comes to our money.
The Right always blame both sides when they can't deny THEIR guilt!!!!

The GOP increases revenue by borrowing while the Dems increase revenue with taxes, borrowing is clearly more irresponsible than taxes.

I don't give either side a pass, both keep raising the debt, both are irresponsible, wasn't it the left that was bragging how low taxes were under Obama? I think it was the lowest in 50 years.

I have remained the same in my position, higher taxes, less spending. I am not like you who seems to change your views depending on who is in power. I don't give politicians a pass because of the letter after their name.

And will increase another $617 Billion this year due to tax bill signed into law.

As of the latest reporting by the Treasury Department, the US gross national debt rose by $41.5 billion on Thursday, February 22, to a grand total of $20.8 trillion.

Here's the thing: On September 7, 2017, five-and-a-half months ago, just before Congress suspended the debt ceiling, the gross national debt stood at $19.8 trillion.

What is irritating is when the Democrats spend, the Republicans are outraged, when the Republicans spend the Democrats are outraged and in reality, to do what is best for this nation both should find ways to cut spending, increase revenues.

Both parties are irresponsible when it comes to our money.

Give the Republicans a break, they have once again set out to prove a) deficits don't matter, and b) their tax 'reform' will trickle down to all of us.

I don't give either side a break, they are hurting this country in the long run. A few short years ago, deficits didn't matter, no they do? Sorry, that blaming the other guy is absolutely getting us nowhere, it is childish and when our bond rating tanks, when our interest rates start rising, when inflation results, all you idiots will be quick to blame the other party and we again, get nowhere and we solve nothing.

Partisan idiots are the problem, people need to think for themselves and not let the political parties do it for you.

Democrats:
“Hey mothafuckers GIVE me more free shit!”
Democrats:
“Hey mothafuckers stop running up the national debt!”

Haha...you funny bastards can’t really wonder why nobody takes you seriously...can you?

What's funny is the only defense you have of the GOP budget busting is that you think they're doing what Democrats do.

NEGATIVE
Wrong again bud....I’ve already pointed out, the GOP is investing in this nations best where there is potential for ROi.....that scrawny, soft spoken black dude with the oversized ears and un-American name spent on illegals and bottom feeders where there is no chance for ROi.
BIG difference...think once.

Democrats:
Democrats:

Haha...you funny bastards can’t really wonder why nobody takes you seriously...can you?

What's funny is the only defense you have of the GOP budget busting is that you think they're doing what Democrats do.

NEGATIVE
Wrong again bud....I’ve already pointed out, the GOP is investing in this nations best where there is potential for ROi.....that scrawny, soft spoken black dude with the oversized ears and un-American name spent on illegals and bottom feeders where there is no chance for ROi.

And where exactly did Obama increase the deficits doing that?

They are spending just like Democrats. It's disgusting

yea? Cause they sure tax-cut the shit out of our revenues like Republicans.
Feel free to kick in some extra. Libs in blue states threw a tantrum when they were asked to pay closer to their fair share. They cried like bitches about the SALT changes. That is because they are greedy and completely full of shit.

You people live in a strange world of fantasy.

Democrats:
Democrats:

NEGATIVE

56eaa01fea29fac8d2c4571082bb3ebd.jpg

Feel free to kick in some extra. Libs in blue states threw a tantrum when they were asked to pay closer to their fair share. They cried like bitches about the SALT changes. That is because they are greedy and completely full of shit.

You people?!

Racist pos

I understand when push came to shove and libs had to pay their fair share, they squealed like a stuck pig.

Democrats:
Democrats:

NEGATIVE

56eaa01fea29fac8d2c4571082bb3ebd.jpg

Hey moron how about you cut the shit and tell us specifically what Obama did.

Just because we spend money on Social Security and Medicare does not mean Obama’s-did-it.

Under Trump, in 2018 we surely spent even more on “welfare” like that.

I understand when push came to shove and libs had to pay their fair share, they squealed like a stuck pig.

While Kansas relies on heavy federal government subsidies to stay floating, though! :beer:

The Flyover hogs are already squealing because Filthy Don stucked them.

Last edited:

While Kansas relies on heavy federal government subsidies to stay floating, though! :beer:

The Flyover hogs are already squealing because Filthy Don stucked them.
Almost clever. You would pitch a fit if medicare and Medicaid were cut.

Of course none of that has to do with my point. Liberals use putatively high local taxes as an excuse to not pay their fair share of Federal income tax. Eliminate the SALT deductions, increase the Federal revenue libs are always whining about and force your local government to behave in a responsible manner. The free ride needs to end.

Forum List

Back