Republicans reject recalling Biden votes, removing Vos

Where is all this "extremism" on the right you speak of?...The populist Trumpsters are far closer to 1980s democrats than they are to the libertarian-ish guys like Rand Paul and Thomas Massie, who are easily the farthest right in the party.

For starters, look around the USMB, there are a number of posters from the Right that favor some fairly extreme positions on a host of issues. I wouldn't claim that the % of those posters here is representative of the people across the country but I wouldn't discount it much either.

There is a CBS News poll out today that shows 54% of those surveyed believe that the word 'Extreme' describes the GOP and 50% used the word 'Hateful'. The MoE for that poll is 2.5%; say it's worse than that, maybe 5 or 10% but even so that's a lot of people. I think we make a mistake when we dismiss such data as BS, maybe it is but maybe we need to take a look at ourselves with a jaundiced eye. According to most polls that I've seen, most Americans do support abortion rights but about half of the states would outright ban abortion if Roe v Wade is overturned. How extreme is that to everybody out there across the country? Maybe a lot of people are seeing that position by the GOP as too extreme.

There is a CBS News poll out today that shows 54% of those surveyed believe that the word 'Extreme' describes the GOP and 50% used the word 'Hateful'. The MoE for that poll is 2.5%; say it's worse than that, maybe 5 or 10% but even so that's a lot of people. I think we make a mistake when we dismiss such data as BS, maybe it is but maybe we need to take a look at ourselves with a jaundiced eye. According to most polls that I've seen, most Americans do support abortion rights but about half of the states would outright ban abortion if Roe v Wade is overturned. How extreme is that to everybody out there across the country? Maybe a lot of people are seeing that position by the GOP as too extreme.
A SeeBS poll?....You can't be serious.

We put feckless Republicans in office prior to Trump and after. What were we expecting? A spine?

Until our voting habits change, Republican behavior won't change.

Last edited:
We put feckless republicans in office prior to Trump and after. What were we expecting? A spine?

Until our voting habits change, Republican behavior won't change.

No, I think what Trumps election truly did for us was show that the election process has been corrupt for YEARS. There are no RINO's or feckless repubs, they are merely a part of the political class. The political class made it impossible to vote for anyone other than them. That's why we have only been allowed to vote for the lesser of two evils for so long.

Oh, I will leap at that opportunity.
Right....And the WI GOP and the feckless weakling Vos are crawling back under the aforementioned porch.

And while I'm up here, let me point out another document that really didn't have the force of law or remove anyone from power, but still had an enormous impact....

declaration-of-independence.jpg

No, I think what Trumps election truly did for us was show that the election process has been corrupt for YEARS. There are no RINO's or feckless repubs, they are merely a part of the political class. The political class made it impossible to vote for anyone other than them. That's why we have only been allowed to vote for the lesser of two evils for so long.
Voters have the capacity to vet who they vote for. If they continually vote for this political class, then they are responsible for it. Myself included.

No, I think what Trumps election truly did for us was show that the election process has been corrupt for YEARS.
I intuitively knew that there was cheating going on in Michigan in '16, when Jill Stein demanded the audit and the Clinton campaign threw cold water on it almost immediately.

Never in my wildest reveries thought they'd go to the lengths of the kind of blatant fraud that occurred in '20.

Right....And the WI GOP and the feckless weakling Vos are crawling back under the aforementioned porch.

And while I'm up here, let me point out another document that really didn't have the force of law or remove anyone from power, but still had an enormous impact....

declaration-of-independence.jpg
That was backed by the American Revolution. So, those weren't mere words. That was a declaration to a despotic king in England that stated men were willing to die for their freedom and end his tyranny. And they did.

Forum List

Back