Republicans Response to Colorado Shooting: Cant do nothing

And next you will be saying that the United States is the greatest country in the world, as long as you have enough firearms to protect yourself.
The US IS the greatest country in the world -- in part because of the freedoms we're guaranteed.

One of those is the freedom to keep and bear weapons.

Leftist whining and hand-wringing will never change that.

A country where so many people need weapons to feel safe is not great, and not free.
I guess you missed what I said about leftist whining and hand-wringing, huh? Because it especially applies to FOREIGN leftist whining and hand-wringing. That's whole orders of magnitude more impotent than domestic leftist whining and hand-wringing.

Yeah, not gonna give up my weapons because your widdle feewings are hurt. Deal with it.

And next you will be saying that the United States is the greatest country in the world, as long as you have enough firearms to protect yourself.
The US IS the greatest country in the world -- in part because of the freedoms we're guaranteed.

Americans should be more like the people of the countries we left, don't you know that by now? :eusa_whistle:
If I wanted to be a subject, I'd move someplace where my rights are granted by man.

I like being a citizen with rights granted by God and guaranteed by the Constitution.

A country where so many people need weapons to feel safe is not great, and not free.
False premise, that "so many" people here need weapons to feel safe.
Try harder, troll.
Can't. He's redlined.

When seconds count, the police are just minutes away. :cool:
Dial 1911A1, and then call 911.
How awful! The left thinks it's morally superior to be raped and/or murdered than to defend yourself and your family from a criminal.

You'll be brutalized or dead, but think how SMUG you can be about it. :cool:

And he claims that this is the greatest country in the world! Is he naive, stupid, or just liking an argument?

There have been multiple threads but one thing remains the same. When you ask a republican what could be done to stop dangerous weapons from falling into the wrong hands there answer is:

Nothing...Do nothing...Nothing could be done....and nothing should be done.

Once again showing the deep problem solving skills of some of the righties here.

What would you suggest be done about it? The man is a criminal, and unless we have "Minority Report" type technology these things will happen. The best thing that could have happened is if there where two or three concealed carry holders in that audience as well, it would not have been as bad as it turned out to be.

There have been multiple threads but one thing remains the same. When you ask a republican what could be done to stop dangerous weapons from falling into the wrong hands there answer is:

Once again showing the deep problem solving skills of some of the righties here.

Who, specifically, said do nothing? I think everyone in the theater should sue the crap out of Cinemark over their no guns policy.

He brought them in through a fire exit, the only way to prevent that from happening is to have those exits manned.

All republican opinions involve after-the-fact punitive measures rather than any kind of prevention other than hypothetical heroes with more guns, honestly, I feel most people lack the grit to shoot it out with an armored psychopath outside of fantasy scenarios discussed over brews at the gun club.

The man is a criminal, we will never be able to prevent criminals from being criminals. Those guns would have sat nice and quietly still at his residence had HE not picked them up and took them to the theater and did what he did. HE is at fault, not the guns. Narrow minded assclowns.

Essentially nothing will be done until people get fed up enough to over rule the gun lobby and enact common sense gun laws.

When gun control laws where enacted in DC and Chicago the murder rate went up 130%, that is what the result of gun control was. Now if we do the exact opposite and give everyone a gun "Because it actually IS a part of the constitution, unlike the healthcare law" I would be willing to bet that the murder rate would go down. Your average person has no intent on killing anyone, but those that would do such a crime would think twice if they knew everybody was armed. I say under the 2nd amendment the government should take our tax dollars and buy each citizen a colt 45 1911.

All republican opinions involve after-the-fact punitive measures rather than any kind of prevention other than hypothetical heroes with more guns, honestly, I feel most people lack the grit to shoot it out with an armored psychopath outside of fantasy scenarios discussed over brews at the gun club.

Its more common sense then "grit". In a darkened theater with tear gas all around..you are more likely to hit a civilian then the nut.

Maybe we should ban theaters.

Essentially nothing will be done until people get fed up enough to over rule the gun lobby and enact common sense gun laws.

Gun laws don't protect you from crazies or wanna be gangsters. We have very tight hand gun legislation but Toronto's exploding with gun violence this year.

And guess what? The gangsters don't follow the rules and the guns are illegal.

Dancer, the left doesn't push for gun control for the safety of the people, they push for it to control guns and restrict them so that it would be easier to take over the population when the time comes. It's not about safety, it's about control.
url

url

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Gun laws don't protect you from crazies or wanna be gangsters. We have very tight hand gun legislation but Toronto's exploding with gun violence this year.

And guess what? The gangsters don't follow the rules and the guns are illegal.

Dancer, the left doesn't push for gun control for the safety of the people, they push for it to control guns and restrict them so that it would be easier to take over the population when the time comes. It's not about safety, it's about control.
url

url

They call it Democide

Statistics of Democide

"If it ain't broke don't fix it...and it ain't broke"--Daveman. Nearly 100 people injured, a dozen killed and supposedly "it ain't broke".

Just the perps are BROKEN. Hold them responsible. NOT responsible gun owners.

This is where you leftists get it wrong every time. :eusa_hand:

The thing is, they don't get it "wrong", this is exactly what they want. Remember Rahm Emanual's quote - "never let a good crisis go to waste"?

They are all about control. There are few things that lift their hopes and makes their spirits soar like waking up and seeing a the tragic slaughter of innocent people. It gives them a platform to exploit.

"If it ain't broke don't fix it...and it ain't broke"--Daveman. Nearly 100 people injured, a dozen killed and supposedly "it ain't broke".

Just the perps are BROKEN. Hold them responsible. NOT responsible gun owners.

This is where you leftists get it wrong every time. :eusa_hand:

The thing is, they don't get it "wrong", this is exactly what they want. Remember Rahm Emanual's quote - "never let a good crisis go to waste"?

They are all about control. There are few things that lift their hopes and makes their spirits soar like waking up and seeing a the tragic slaughter of innocent people. It gives them a platform to exploit.

Getting it wrong and the control they seek are both wrong by the means that they use that makes them wrong.

Truth has no agenda. Truth eludes them because they don't seek it, but only the more expedient they gain little from.

So, you honestly think that by outlawing guns you will solve this problem? People will still be able to get them even if they are against the law, the only difference? The worst of the worst kind of criminals will be the only ones with the guns and us law abiding citizens will be sitting ducks.

I mean come on, drugs are illegal and we all know that it is not difficult at all to get them, what would make guns any different?

So, your solution is to tell criminals that guns are illegal, do you really think that's going to stop them from getting them?

Give me a break.

Rick

Daveman has no interest in hearing what the rest of the world has to say or what their opinions are, but he claims to know what leftists outside of America say and think. He thinks that everyone is as stupid as he is.

Rick

Something should have been done about the gun problem 30 years ago. Attempting to do something now is akin to the old saying about closing the barn door after the horse gets out. I do think that more people with guns on the street is not the solution though. The gun and violence problems are just symptoms of America crumbling before our eyes. All empires crash, America had a good run, will the last one out please shut out the lights.

Forum List

Back