Republicans shut 'er down, boys!

No, actually, he was correct: the House DOES, in fact, control the purse strings. All budget bills MUST originate in the House.

No charge for the Constitutional Law 101 lesson, but the next one will cost you $50.
Free advice is worth what you pay for it. The Congress, not the House, controls the purse strings. Despite being the body which initiates budget bills, the House cannot get any bill to the president's desk without the consent and approval of the Senate.

When was the last time the Senate approved a budget? Just askin'.

That's the fault of whom?

Free advice is worth what you pay for it. The Congress, not the House, controls the purse strings. Despite being the body which initiates budget bills, the House cannot get any bill to the president's desk without the consent and approval of the Senate.

Reid?

Republicans are running the Senate? When did that happen?

When they started making filibusters Business as Usual.

Here John Steward will explain it for ya.. :eusa_shifty:

Mitch McConnell's Self-Filibuster - The Daily Show with Jon Stewart - 12/10/12 - Video Clip | Comedy Central

Filibusters are new? Wow, who knew. Republicans invented filibusters just to stop the democrats from passing new budgets. Or the democrats already got the budget they want through CRs because the 09 budget included a 30% increase +8% automatic annual increases during Oscuma's first year with the scum bag demo's in control of both houses and the yes we suck WH. How did the debt get to 17T again? Where did the money for the federal pensions go again?

As to Stewart... yeah well he's wrong. Raising the debt ceiling does not give government permission to pay back the money they already borrowed. That is a stupid lie. We can and do pay back the money we already borrowed with taxes. Our tax deposits pay for interest on the debt. More particularly over a quarter of our taxes are going to pay the debt interest. Raising the debt ceiling does just what it said it does. It allows them to borrow more money so they can continue to over spend. That over spending is our 17trillion debt. Raise the debt ceiling to 20trillion and our government will find a way to over spend by another 3trillion in a matter of days.

Last edited:

The Senate. Do you think at all?

Let's keep it shut down. As a matter of fact, let's look for more useless departments to close down. Start with the Oval Office.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...ough-votes-to-end-shutdown-4.html#post7936344

And what? How is your post relevant to mine?

Let's keep the government shut down, think of the money we are saving. Let's save more money by closing down other worthless things like the Oval Office.

Not saving any money.

Quite the opposite. This will cost money. And a lot of it.

Republicans are running the Senate? When did that happen?

Mitch McConnell's Self-Filibuster - The Daily Show with Jon Stewart - 12/10/12 - Video Clip | Comedy Central

Filibusters are new? Wow, who knew. Republicans invented filibusters just to stop the democrats from passing new budgets. Or the democrats already got the budget they want through CRs because the 09 budget included a 30% increase +8% automatic annual increases during Oscuma's first year with the scum bag demo's in control of both houses and the yes we suck WH. How did the debt get to 17T again? Where did the money for the federal pensions go again?

Seriously..you are a coder?

Seems you can't focus on your argument for more than a couple of posts.

Let's keep it shut down. As a matter of fact, let's look for more useless departments to close down. Start with the Oval Office.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...ough-votes-to-end-shutdown-4.html#post7936344

And what? How is your post relevant to mine?

Let's keep the government shut down, think of the money we are saving. Let's save more money by closing down other worthless things like the Oval Office.

Just wanted you to respond to your bullshit I highlighted, since you never came back to that thread.

Not just a coder Sallow, one of the best. The top 1% of the top 1% of the top 1% of the top 1% of coders. Are you getting it yet? When someone told you that you were smart they did not mean that you were smarter than everyone else. I'm the guy that comes in to fix the problems that the guys that fix the problems can't fix. I'm the guy that wrote the code that runs the software platforms that host the programs that you have used your whole life.

Oh and it's not my fault if you are to stupid to follow my argument. If you have a question about my statements, feel free to ask.

Last edited:

Not just a coder Sallow, one of the best. The top 1% of the top 1% of the top 1% of the top 1% of coders. Are you getting it yet? When someone told you that you were smart they did not mean that you were smarter than everyone else. I'm the guy that comes in to fix the problems that the guys that fix the problems can't fix. I'm the guy that wrote the code that runs the software platforms that host the programs that you have used your whole life.

Oh and it's not my fault if you are to stupid to follow my argument. If you have a question about my statements, feel free to ask.

What argument?

You went into a rant.

What argument?

You went into a rant.

Ah, you mean like the op. I have a question for you though. So if they shut down the government and we aren't spending any money, why are we still going to hit the debt ceiling?

What argument?

You went into a rant.

Ah, you mean like the op. I have a question for you though. So if they shut down the government and we aren't spending any money, why are we still going to hit the debt ceiling?

We are spending money.

What argument?

You went into a rant.

We are spending money.

We also have all tax revenue coming in. For the debt to go up, we have to be spending MORE money still than the money coming in.

I forgot I have to point out the flagrantly obvious to you, my bad.

We are spending money.

We also have all tax revenue coming in. For the debt to go up, we have to be spending MORE money still than the money coming in.

You just said we "aren't" spending money.

English man. English.

What argument?

You went into a rant.

Let me get this straight. I make an argument. You say my arguments are unfocused. Then the next post you say "what argument?"

You might have short term memory lapse. You should go see a doctor, it might be serious.

We are spending money.

You just said we "aren't" spending money.

English man. English.

In the history of retarded liberals you take the cake.

Forum List

Back